Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Choose a Champion Update for 2020!

Creator: PsiGuard May 9, 2019 2:36pm
1 2 3
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2019 2:36pm | Report

Source

A visual & gameplay update is where Riot redesign a champion from the ground up, including their gameplay, visuals, story, animations, voice acting… the works. It’s an opportunity to bring older champions up to modern standards while amplifying what players already love about them. And this time, Riot wants your help choosing one of the champions they'll update in 2020! They've selected five champs we see as high-priorities for updates, and they're committed to working on whichever one you choose.

Head to the official Riot post to vote for the champion you'd like Riot to update!

Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2019 2:48pm | Report
I personally think Shyvana should get a rework, that'd be cool to see what the dragon can offer
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Hamstertamer
<Veteran>
Hamstertamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2019 4:14pm | Report
Personal list of champions that need an update :

- Braum. Kit lacks counterplay, rework Unbreakable to be some sort of defensive skillshot pls.

- Dr. Mundo. Remove the bonus MR completely since hard countering is bad for game health. Compensate with any cool mechanic you want.

- Garen. Too tanky (especially too much MR), and too useless. Reduce tankiness and compensate with either target access or tank shredding.

- Gnar. He should get limited ability to choose his form in late game. Right now late game he's always in mega form immediately since rage gain increases with level.

- Kassadin. Champion is pure stat check with 0 skill required and 0 counterplay. Needs a full rework. Number 1 on my list.

- Rammus. Outdated kit, pure hard countering with no counterplay.

- Ryze. Just give him another ultimate.

- Singed. Needs another passive, and probably another ult as well since stat steroids aren't very healthy.

- Shaco. Remove invisibility from the game, replace his Q by a double dash like Ekko E or something.

- Udyr. Champ is so basic he looks like a kid designed him. Could use a better kit.

- Vayne. Obnoxious kit, no counterplay, invisibility should be removed from the game. Rework pls.

- Veigar. Too much CC, 2.5 second AOE stun is overtuned as hell, give him a more reliable W to compensate and/or prevent abilities like blink/untargetable from crossing his E.

- Volibear. Keep the Q, rework everything else to be an actual juggernaut not just a useless tank.

- Yasuo. Seriously he needs another E.

It goes way deeper than what Riot allows you to choose :)

I'm voting Mundo. Voli could use one too but since Mundo is actually played he takes priority.
lucaslukitas
<Member>
lucaslukitas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2019 5:59pm | Report

- Shaco. Remove invisibility from the game, replace his Q by a double dash like Ekko E or something.

I think his Q can be a camouflage instead a invisibility
Hamstertamer
<Veteran>
Hamstertamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2019 12:51am | Report

I think his Q can be a camouflage instead a invisibility

Sure. But he still needs a second dash to get into melee range, since camo breaks when you get within 700 range of an enemy champion.
Wicked Cherry
<Veteran>
Wicked Cherry's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2019 4:24am | Report
Fruxo wrote:
I personally think Shyvana should get a rework, that'd be cool to see what the dragon can offer

Nooooo, it's definitely Volibear. I feel sad that he's not really played anymore although he used to be really devastating awesome and I loved to think of him as Tibber's older brother. :<
#FeelThePolarBear
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2019 4:41am | Report

Nooooo, it's definitely Volibear. I feel sad that he's not really played anymore although he used to be really devastating awesome and I loved to think of him as Tibber's older brother. :<
#FeelThePolarBear

I guess that could be true, but Shyvana is much less played then Volibear, I haven't seen a Shyvana player since like the middle of season 8. I've seen much more voli
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Wicked Cherry
<Veteran>
Wicked Cherry's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2019 4:48am | Report
Fruxo wrote:

I guess that could be true, but Shyvana is much less played then Volibear, I haven't seen a Shyvana player since like the middle of season 8. I've seen much more voli

Kinda funny that you're saying that because I feel the complete opposite. I haven't seen a Volibear in so long while I've encountered quite a large number of Shyvanas in the late past. That was probably because of some buff or the meta but for not too long, she felt pretty strong and therefore much more played.
Maybe we can find the compromise of saying both definitely should be shown more love and affection toward by reworking them and showing them the new kind of rift out there. Like teaching them a few new abilities. :)
DasGrauen_
<Member>
DasGrauen_'s Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2019 8:07am | Report
I think that they should rework Fiddlesticks .. He was planned as a jungler and now nearly noone plays him jng. Maybe they should give him a new kit for more exciting jungling :)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2019 8:45am | Report
1. Nocturne - I just want his Q to allow him to phase through walls. Not like Kayn where Kayn can stay in the wall, but simple let him take a straight line through the wall. This way he can gank from interesting angles even in the early game. Not sure what they would need to take away from the kit though to balance it. I imagine they would have to hit his ultimate. But seriously if he could phase through walls he would live up to his reputation as a nightmare, especially if they left his ult as is (which is why I think that is where they would have to hit him).

2. Shyvana - I probably have the most mastery points on this champions, but I haven't touched her much in two years. Her early clear is kind of unhealthy and she has no way to CC the scuttle crab.

Her AP build can be fun but she operates more like a sniper than an "Oh **** a dragon (or is she a wvyern or a half dragon, I can never remember what they are currently going with) is on top of me I'm freaking screwed." Thematically a ground dragon feels pretty dumb.

If she can't auto anything she can't get her dragon form.

Maybe like to see her Q in dragon from be a claw, claw, bite (think Rek'Saiish. Make her be able to reposition in fights by reactivating her ultimate kind of like a Corki's Valkyrie to give you something of the feeling of flying.

3. Volibear - I still lock him in if the enemy team locks in Kha'Zix. His kit is just prefect for screwing the bug over.

He is a little more kiteable than I would like when playing him. Would like his ult to be a little more thematic to a thunder god bear tank. Maybe add an initial thunderclap that would daze (AoE micro stun into 20?% slow and applying 10?% damage amp) target. And oh, make it rain on and lightning on the map globably would be pretty badass.

4. Dr. Mundo - dunno. The only thing I don't like about him is the 20% self damage on ult. He is still kiteable so his kit offers counterplay. But between Morellonomicon, Executioner's Calling, and even Liandry's Torment there are times where I haven't felt as tanky as I would expect with a lead. Oh and Heart Zapper does a ridiculous amount of self damage to the point that I often don't skill it up until I have to.

either 1. or 5. Fiddlesticks - just a weird champion. Don't like getting poked with Reap in lane. just an irritating ability to deal with (kind of like Fiora's passive in a way. Got this random **** I've got to worry about dodging). He is pretty unique so other than a visual update, I might leave him alone.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide