Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 7.19 Summary

Creator: PsiGuard September 27, 2017 5:07pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 5:07pm | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 7.19!

Worlds is locked in at patch 7.18, which means it's time for Riot to let loose and try some bolder ideas. This patch includes a two full gameplay updates to Xin Zhao and Azir as well as a number of substantial changes to other champions. Virtually every champion in this patch has significantly changed numbers or a new mechanic!

This patch also includes some changes to champion select. Read more about these upgrades here!

Attack. Defend. Repeat. Nexus Siege blasts back into rotation from 9/29/17 at 12:00 p.m. PT - 10/3/17 at 4:00 a.m. PT and 10/6/17 at 12:00 p.m. PT - 10/10/17 at 4:00 a.m. PT. Xayah, Rakan, Kayn and Ornn are now playable in Nexus Siege.

Check out the full patch notes for details on any changes that interest you.

Champion Updates and Balance Changes

Azir's kit has been refocused on strengthening the DPS and control afforded to him by his sand soldiers while weakening his long range harass. Range and damage nerfs to Conquering Sands as well as lowering the range at which he can command his soldiers force Azir to take more risks with his positioning if he wishes to pressure his opponents.

On the positive side, Azir now gains additional attack speed if he can summon at least three sand soldiers at once. He also gains a charge of Arise! if he manages to connect Shifting Sands with an enemy champion. Speaking of his dash, he now gets the shield (which has a new AP ratio) immediately upon casting the ability, instead of on collision. Lastly, Emperor's Divide now functions as normal terrain once the soldiers are in position, rather than bouncing back enemies that try to dash through them.

Xin Zhao's update is more substantial, including three new abilities and tweaks to his Q and E. Battle Cry has been removed, with its passive effects being moved into his new passive, Determination, and the attack speed boost being taken up by Audacious Charge. In Battle Cry's place, he gains a new ability - Wind Becomes Lightning - which allows him to sweep and thrust with his spear, slowing targets hit by the thrust. Three Talon Strike and Audacious Charge also received some numbers changes, mostly weakening them to make room for power in his other abilities.

Finally, we reach the new ultimate, Crescent Guard. Much like Crescent Sweep, Xin Zhao sweeps his spear in an area around him, knocking enemies back except for the one he hit most recently. The resistance bonuses have been replaced with a new effect which negates all damage originating from champions further than 450 units away from Xin Zhao. This effect lasts 3 seconds, extending in duration when Xin Zhao attacks enemy champions. This forces enemies to get close to Xin in order to fight him, or they'll have to retreat entirely.

Janna's update gives her more individual power while weakening the up-time on her Eye of the Storm early game. Her basic attack ranged has been increased from 475 to 550, which puts her on even footing with most other ranged champion. Her base AD, attack speed and health were also tweaked. Eye of the Storm had its cooldown nerfed from 10 seconds at all ranks to 18 seconds at rank 1, scaling down to the original cooldown at rank 5. That's a big hit to her early game, so let's see what else she gained aside from health and attack range for lane.

Tailwind now grants Janna its bonus movement speed as well as a new passive that adds bonus magic damage based on Janna's movement speed to her basic attacks and single-target spells. Zephyr has a lower cooldown, lower slow duration and lower movement speed, though it'll deal more damage now thanks to the new Tailwind passive. Howling Gale received a number of changes, decreasing the mana cost and standardizing the cooldown to 12 seconds. The tornado also has an increased minimum range, and charging it up will increase the movement speed of the tornado so it always takes exactly 1.5 seconds to reach its endpoint.

Caitlyn received a lot of numbers changes designed to increase her reliance on gold and lane dominance and decreasing her reliability through her Yordle Snap Traps. Her base stats have been changed, with lower health early game, but better attack speed growth through levels and items.

Headshot has been updated to now proc on turrets, giving Caitlyn a better chance of sieging and breaking down towers. Piltover Peacemaker had its passthrough damage increased from 50% to 67%, which improves her early trades and pushing power. These changes give Caitlyn a better chance of winning lane, but they come at a cost. Yordle Snap Traps last only 30-50 seconds depending on rank, down from 90 seconds at all ranks. Trap headshot damage is also changed, with higher base damage but a shift in scaling from total AD to bonus AD. Caitlyn will have to buy AD items in order to keep up in damage. Finally, traps only reveal the target for 3 seconds instead of 8, and the recharge rate has been smoothed out, with a faster rate early and a slightly slower rate at rank 5.

Aatrox is now unstoppable during Dark Flight's descent. Massacre also had its bonus attack range increased from 175 to 225.

Brutal Strikes provides 5% less armor passively, but the bonus is tripled when Granite Shield is active. This makes Malphite a bit weaker when his shield is broken, but significantly stronger when it's up.

Command: Attack missile speed up by 200. Command: Dissonance and Command: Shockwave will now fire at the ball's destination if buffered while the ball is moving. Only the last cast spell will be buffered, so you can't buffer both abilities at once.

Ornn's base mana has been increased and his mana costs on Volcanic Rupture and Searing Charge have been reduced. This should allow him to stay on the map longer without having to recall to refill his mana. His recommended items and mini-shop have also been adjusted.

Tumble's bonus damage is no longer increased when the attack crits, but the damage has been raised by 20%. Silver Bolts deal less %hp damage early and its minimum damage has been shifted slightly towards early game. Final Hour now extends in duration if an enemy champion dies within 3 seconds of being damaged by Vayne. The duration cannot extend past the ability's max duration.

Veigar's attack range has been increased from 525 to 550 and he's gained flat and scaling health regen. Dark Matter's cooldown has been lowered to 8 seconds at all ranks and it has a new effect. For every 50 stacks of Phenomenal Evil, Dark Matter's cooldown will be lowered by 10% (multiplicative).

Item Changes

New: Healing or shielding an allied champion now also grants you Ardent Censer’s buff, instead of only your ally.
Removed: Ardent Censer’s buff no longer restores health
Attack Speed: 25% ⇒ 25-35% (based on level)
On-hit Damage: 25 ⇒ 25-35 (based on level)
Total Cost: 900 gold ⇒ 1000 gold
Combine Cost: 300 gold ⇒ 400 gold.
Damage Reflected: 20 ⇒ 15
Thornmail's cost is unchanged and its armor was also raised by 5.
Spellshield Duration: 5 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds
Active Cooldown: 45 seconds ⇒ 40 seconds
Total Cost: 2500 gold ⇒ 2650 gold.
Combine Cost: 950 gold ⇒ 1100 gold.
Total Cost: 2400 gold ⇒ 2250 gold
Combine Cost: 400 gold ⇒ 250 gold
Allied burn damage is more frontloaded (same total burn damage with more of it happening earlier). Frost storm now ignites upon slowing a burning enemy, rather than basic attacking a burning enemy.

Other Changes

• Gameplay

• Spell shields now block only the first ability that hits, rather than every ability that hits at the same time the shield is broken.

• Champion Select

• Position filters (top/mid/jungle/etc.) replaced role filters (assassin/tank/mage/etc.) and show the most commonly played champions by position from the previous patch.

• Right-clicking champions adds them as a favorite (by position). Sort by favorites to push champs you've added to the top of the list.

• Added a dropdown next to the search bar to sort champs by highest to lowest mastery points.

• Added a filter to see champions you haven’t earned a Hextech chest with.

• Check out our earlier post on the champion select changes for more details.

• Notable Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where casting Face of the Mountain’s active on an ally out of range caused the player to walk in range, then cast it on the closest ally instead of the selected one.

• Charm now correctly affects bots on Twisted Treeline.

• Rumble can now correctly cast his Electro-Harpoon if overheated.

• Singularity no longer goes on cooldown if his Banshee's Veil is broken during flight.

• Placeholder VFX are no longer present on the New Horizon Ward.

• Pulsefire Ezreal 's homeguard animation has been restored.

• We fixed a grammar error in the copy when more than one key fragment drops

Upcoming Skins & Chromas

The following skins will be released during patch 7.19:

The following chromas will be released during patch 7.19:

Share Your Thoughts!

That's it on our end, time to hear from you guys! What do you think of the new champion updates? Do you agree with the champion and item changes in 7.19? What do you think about the improvements to Champion Select? Will you be picking up any of the new skins or chromas?

Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 5:18pm | Report
Janna changes are great. Stronger, more fun. Really enjoy being able to actually do any damage with her. E CD hurts, but lost all mana issues in lane on the flip side.

by jhoijhoi
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 5:39pm | Report
that's the wrong version of the Yi splash art you have there, also the quality of it is awful

The Janna one isn't the right version of the art either
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 5:51pm | Report
that's the wrong version of the Yi splash art you have there, also the quality of it is awful

The Janna one isn't the right version of the art either

Thanks Nameless, I'll get those fixed. Sorry about that, I'm not able to pull splashes from the official files so I have to make do with what I can get from Surrender at 20 or other sources. It looks like all the Sword splash arts were changed and I grabbed earlier versions of them. Fixing them all right now.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 5:54pm | Report
here's the Janna splash
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 6:08pm | Report
Oh, thanks, haha. I just finished updating the splashes. :P I checked surr@20 and they had a post with all the splash changes (fiora included).

Should be all updated including the avatars, minus the header post for the summary, which I will fix now. Thanks for catching my mistake so quickly! :)
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 7:42pm | Report
The hotfix seems brutal to janna. I wonder how she does in lane now

I'm also curious whether ardent censer is worth rushing anymore due to its removed 'lifesteal'
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 8:00pm | Report
utopus wrote:
The hotfix seems brutal to janna. I wonder how she does in lane now

I'm also curious whether ardent censer is worth rushing anymore due to its removed 'lifesteal'

She had like a 58-59% win rate on the first day, I think a nerf was warranted.

I'm curious about Ardent as well. My gut says it'll still be good because of the accompanying buffs, though it'll definitely feel different missing the sustain early-mid game.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 8:01pm | Report
Censer seems less necessary to rush before Sightstone (that might be because I get camped bot almost every game rip), but I've only played a few games. Janna feels fine overall, but the hotfix definitely has an effect on her early game.
ZyrZylo
<Member>
ZyrZylo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2017 12:35am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

She had like a 58-59% win rate on the first day, I think a nerf was warranted.

I'm curious about Ardent as well. My gut says it'll still be good because of the accompanying buffs, though it'll definitely feel different missing the sustain early-mid game.

Janna was nerfed. Although its not enough! I mean srly, she can engage, slow, shield and hurt through aa. Im callibg it right now, she will still be nerfed at the next patch.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide