Amumu Build Guide by Massive Nuts
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Cry to make them cry
+15-135 Health (at levels 1-18) and +9% attack speed
Example of full-build
Threats to Amumu with this build
|Ashe||All adc's are quite easy to kill if alone. Don't run away tho.|
Introduction to crying
Hi! You might know Amumu is really strong and has a lot of gaming-mates even though he always repeats he has no friends. Here is a guide in which you can appreciate one of the hardest champ to counter in the jungle:
With this build/guide, Amumu deals really a lot of damage, and is also tanky at the same time. That way, he can 1v1 any other ennemy aswell as be savage in teamfights. This is the perfect jungler every team wants. He can engage every teamfight with Bandage Toss, one-shot botlane and midlane, and go back with his team, still half-life. But despite that, he continues crying...raah Amumu. Btw, this is not a troll build. It actually works better than a tanky amumu in S7. (compared to what an other guide's creator said.)
These runes are made to give you tankiness aswell as damage. If you don't feel tanky enough with this, feel free to take more armor or scaling magic resist. If you feel you don't have enough ability power, go play Nidalee or Veigar jungle, or play with more AP but in non-ranked games. Don't pollute our games please.
- The extra-damage outstands the extra-shield. At level 18, approximatively 250 extra-damage for the Thunderlord's Decree and 225 shield for Courage of the Colossus
- The cooldown is lower for the Thunderlord's Decree (15 seconds at level 18) and 30 seconds for Courage of the Colossus . That way, you have your extra-damage nearly everytime you gank/ fight in the jungle.
- If you miss your Bandage Toss, you won't have your shield if you have Courage of the Colossus and miss a lot of HP-saving. By having Thunderlord's Decree , you can always activate it with your Despair by standing next to the ennemy.
- The in-between mastery Precision is way better than Swiftness because you need some lethality and magic penetration if you want to deal dammage to tanks too. Legendary Guardian could be useful for a teamfight but not worth enough for a 1v1 or 2v1.
- Stalker's Blade - Cinderhulk: Stalker's Blade will slow down the ennemy you're aiming, deal damage and allow you to catch him if he is escaping. I think it's the best jungler item for Amumu. I prefer cinderhulk (tanky smite) to runic echoes (ap smite) because it gives a lot more tankiness, and its passive deals zone-damage, which added to Despair deals a lot more damage than having extra-ap.
- Rod of Ages: This is the most necessary item of the build, and it needs stacking so build it first. It gives exactly what Amumu needs at a low price: 100AP, 500HP and 400Mana (after 10 minutes) for 2700 gold, the amount of money you should accumulate after 15-20 minutes.
- Liandry's Torment: This item will give you HP, AP and extra-burning dammage. I usually build it after Rod of Ages but if you feel really confident, build Abyssal Mask and if you are having a quite-bad mid-game, prefer the tankiness of a good old Randuin's Omen as it is cheap and will make you die less.
- Abyssal Mask: You probably guessed, but Amumu only deals dammage in a small zone arround him so the passive of Abyssal Mask is exactly what he needs and will give also magic penetration, to be able to deal dammage to the tanks.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter: This item is for the late-game teamfights and will provide global slow on any champ near you, making his escape impossible. For those who didn't know, Despair applies Rylai's Crystal Scepter's passive. It will also help your teammates catch them faster, and gives you AP and HP, which is the key of this build.
- Boots of Speed: Which should you choose? Ninja Tabi is usually what I take because it is op in this meta (7.7) because of the tankiness it gives, making it nearly impossible for the adc or toplaner (usually ad) to kill you. If the team has a lot of cc and ap-dammage, prefer the Mercury's Treads, you can judge by yourself. If the ennemy team hasn't got much dammage (3 tanks or more) or your team has too much tankiness and you need dammage and mobility, take , so that the ennemies'slows don't slow you down as much.
Abilities and skill-sequence
Unless you're on cooldown, always engage a fight with your Bandage Toss. But before that, whenever you see a fight coming, press Despair: this is essential for your dammage to be fully applied to the ennemy. After grabbing the ennemy, press Curse of the Sad Mummy then Tantrum. After that, autoattack them to get Cursed Touch going until you get your Tantrum back and continue dealing dammage. To resume, we have:
This wonderful picture captured with paint shows how you should do all your jungle in one go. (Start blue and finish with golems.) Only use your smite for wolves and red, and take the healing plants in the river while you're there. Then, just go back and start ganking the lane where ennemy team is pushing the most. You may not have your blue bluff for your first gank but you will outlevel the other team's jungler and botlanes and have red buff if you go fast enough.
I think this guide showed you the exact way to play Amumu in 7.7 according to me. You can't carry every game obviously, but at least you will probably never loose with this. Your ultimate helps so much your team in teamfights if you place it well, you shouldn't have problems taking the lead. If you don't feel confident enough, make sure you reed all my advices. Thank you, and don't hesitate to leave a comment or top-up the guide.