This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Diana Build Guide by FlashKing
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
In the recent days after Diana is released, I've been looking at guides in which people made, but it seems that none of them really satisfy what I wanted. As I've mentioned in the title of the build, the word "Survival" is what I am aiming here because wouldn't you think that it is awesome to survive for a long time with lesser deaths and more kills? In this guide I will go a bit defensive with the Masteries and the Runes, but VERY Offensive with the Items. The first build is mainly AP and AS, the second would have a bit more defensive, AS and AD but lesser AP, The third build is full AP with a lot more defensive stats than the first(This is my latest Diana build). With the second build I went in the route of Jax(Since her passive is like Jax's Ultimate). Now let me get started on this guide.
[Color:green]Edit: On the late august patch of 2012, they seemed to have nerfed Diana quite a bit. She isn't as dangerous as she would be anymore. Her AP ratio went down, her Lunar Rush ability's CD increased and a few more others. So I made a third build just for that purpose[/color]
+Cool spell effects
+Great shield spell
+Great at keeping herself on the target
+Short Skill CDs
-Chows mana fast
-Q needs time to get used to
-Lag = Dead
-Can easily be owned by CC
*Please note, if there is any other Pros/cons that you find for this champion, please list it in the discussion
- Greater Quintessence of Armor: This is a great Quint to get as it gives you 12.78 base armor. Armor is really needed by junglers and also it is needed in the early game because most of the champions that gets the most gank in the beginning would be AD champions, it you won't feed early or fail in the jungle.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Same response as above.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: Since AP champions aren't really that much of a pain early game, it is better to get this rune so that you have a late game survival probability.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: This rune helps to increase the total damage you do, in late game or mid game, most players would build on MR items which would mean that you would take a longer time to kill them. But with these runes, you can reduce their MR and destroy them!
Some good glyphs that you might want to try out would be Greater Mark of Attack Speed and Greater Glyph of Ability Power. Both of these increases your jungling speed. Greater Mark of Attack Speed increase the amount of Moonsilver Blade you use on the monsters and Greater Glyph of Ability Power increases the amount of damage your Pale Cascade does to the monsters + increases the amount of damage it absorbs.
*I used these glyphs for Amumu jungling as it is effective for his survival. Which means that the credit for these glyphs goes to Jungle Amumu - A guide to depressing your enemies
I took a bit of the jungling experience that I had with Amumu and applied it to this mastery. This mastery page can actually improve further because I left out some points in the utility tree especially Runic Affinity for the longer buff durations, which is great for jungling, but we need some points in the offensive tree to speed up our jungling.
- Mental Force : Increases the amount of damage your spells do.
- Sorcery: Allows you to spam your skills more often.
- Arcane Knowledge : Also increases more damage that you deal.
- Hardiness : Increases your base armor by 6 when you max it.
- Tough Skin : Decreases the amount of damage that you will receive in the jungle or if you are ganking an enemy champion. I know how everyone hates it when they die because of minions.
- Summoner's Resolve :Extra 10 gold from using Smite XD great spell for gold haha.
- Durability + Veteran's Scars : More health for longer survival.
- Bladed Armor : Helps with faster jungling. In the jungle there would be more than one monster around, so why not damage them at the same time while you kill the highest health one?
- Indomitable : Reduces damage from all source, great for survival.
- Enlightenment : Reduce your skills CD time = More skill spam, good for ganks and faster jungling.
- Honor Guard : Reduces damage from all sources, great for survival.
- Juggernaut : Stacks with your tenacity on your Mercury's Treads and also increases your HP by 3%... that is a huge amount if you got loads of HP.
The above is just for jungling. You can find a hybrid one in the second build. The reason why I went Hybrid there is that her base damage is already huge, and she has two spells To keep her target close to her.
The third build is for the new nerf in the Late August patch where she got nerf down quite a bit, like what I mentioned in the introduction.
*I know my masteries may be a bit strange but why not give if a try, it might suite your gaming style
I start off the jungling with some Boots of Speed to speed up my movement, and three Health Potions to heal myself up from the damage that I take when my shield goes down. Other alternatives would be Regrowth Pendant + Health Potion or Cloth Armor + 5x Health Potions.
From the first build:
- Mercury's Treads: Like I said before, I like tanky champions so I went to put these boots into the build for the MR and the tenacity because I find that Diana is very vulnerable to CCs. Once she is silenced then she is hopeless, not really with this guide because of the extra AD that you get from items.
- Archangel's Staff: I find that Diana spam skills to kill her target, in other words she is very agile, which is fun. But using so much mana when she has so little mana pool? That is where I illiminate that weakness by adding in this item, at the end of the game you will have around 2.6k mana for you to spam skills. With that amount of mana pool, you will receive around 75 AP plus the 45 AP originally from the item = a huge amount of 120 AP.
- Hextech Gunblade: This item gives me the ability to stay in a lame longer or last longer in a fight. Imagine the amount of healing you get by auto attack and using your spells if you got this item
- Trinity Force: This item has basically everything that we need to make the maximum damage output. A slow, HP + MP, AS, Crit chance, movement speed, and most important of all, the sheen ability.
- Nashor's Tooth: This is the main item that increases our AS, the bonus is the mana regen and the CDR which is lovely for spamming skills and not caring about how much mana you still have.
- Rabadon's Deathcap: BEST AP ITEM IN THE GAME! With this item, I will have about 605 AP.
From the Second build:
- Guinsoo's Rageblade: Since she can really keep herself on her target the stacks that you get from this gear won't be a waste.
- Wit's End: Helps build up more MR and also increases your AS which helps with stacking your Guinsoo's Rageblade and lets your passive to be used more.
- madred's bloodrazer: Not really sure if it is a good item for her, but this item can give a small amount of armor, AD and AS which is a good thing for the reasons stated above.
First item build: As you can see, I have 2 items that have some AD, the reason for doing that is so that you don't become useless when someone like Garen silences you, at least you can attack him and with your AS you are basically making a hybrid. The AD stats also contribute to the overall life steal or spell vamp heals.
In the third build, everything I wanted to go for changed because her damage output is reduced, we had to focus more on her damage down, and we need to focus on the CDR to counter the nerf that increased her CD. So I placed in Unholy Grail, it has MR, mana regen to replace Archangel's Staff, and it has CDR. A pretty great item if you ask me. Now, in this build I started off with Sapphire Crystal, if you are a skill spammer like me then you would know why I chose this item first. The other alternative would be Boots of Speed and 3 pots, but then my mana finishes fast, this will be bad if you are in mid or you solo top.
This item build is set for you so that you don't have to think about what to buy, instead you can get it right away. I made this build from almost every possible situation that I can find in the game (Did that with a friend XD because we like to duel each other).
I maxed crescend strike because the more I upgrade it means the lesser the CD, that means more chance for me to put moonlight on the target and more chances of me using Lunar Rush. The shield I max second because it will give me the survivability that I need in fights or ganks. I max Moonfall last because I don't really need it in the beginning, one level is enough for me, even if you level it, this doesn't mean that the slow will last longer instead it just slows the target further. I don't really have much to say about these skills just that they are all very fancy XD.
I want to thank Jhoijhoi's Making a guide.... well guide for helping me out with my own guide, and obviously the creator of that Amumu guide who helped me with jungling and understanding the game more.
Please +rep my guide if you find it effective.