Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Khazem's guide reviewing services

Creator: Khazem February 1, 2012 4:16pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 4:16pm | Report
Hi!

So since I have a lot of spare time the upcoming month and no internet connection suited for playing League, I decided to offer my services as a reviewer of guides. This is mainly to hopefully help good, underrated guides get a bit more attention and to help newer guide makers improve.
Note that I will be very critical in my review and I might come off as harsh sometimes, but remember I'm trying to help you improve your guide and I will make sure my critisism is always constructive. If you're looking for a free upvote, you've come to the wrong place.

Requirements

If you want me to review your guide, I only have two requirements for now.
  • Be summoner level 30 (This shows me you at least have some experience with the game and the champion you're making a guide about)
  • Run a spelling and grammar check
No postcount requirements or anything else for now.

Things I will look out for (in order of importance)

• Build and build explanation: First of all I need to know the guide actually has a viable build. You can make it as pretty and in-depth as
    you want, if the actual build is just outright wrong it's not a good guide
  • Grammar and spelling: People need to be able to actually read the guide. Having good grammar and spelling is key to a succesful guide
  • Guide aestethics: I don't expect you to have a picture and a video for every single point you explain in the guide. (though there's nothing
    wrong with that if you do decide to add all that) Make sure the guide looks clean, is well formatted and is easy to read. Noone likes reading a
    complete chaos of a guide.

Note: My reviews will be heavily focused on guide content. While I will comment on something that really looks bad or could look better in a way, it's not what I'm mainly going to be looking at.

What about votes?

After I have reviewed your guide, I will leave a comment in your guide with my verdict and critisism. After you respond to my comment, if I think your guide is rated lower than it deserves, I will upvote and likewise if I think the rating is too high I will downvote. Note that if I do decide to downvote your guide, you're free to request another review from me after you made some adjustments and I might reconsider my vote.

What do I expect in return?

I am expecting at least a reply from you after my review as it shows me you've read it and considered my suggestions and just so I haven't reviewed a guide you don't really care about.
I don't expect anything else in return as I'm doing it to fill up my spare time and help out the community, but if you can't help yourself I will always appreciate some feedback on any of my own guides or if you appreciate my review or found it helpful, I wouldn't refuse a +rep.

If, after reading the above, you still want a review, feel free to request one using the following format. Please stick to one guide per request. You can request for more guides to be reviewed in multiple posts untill there are 5 pending requests (including your own). If there are already 5 pending requests, stick to one request. (You can then make the next request after I have reviewed your previous guide)

Summoner name:
Summoner level:
What champion is the guide about:
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed:
[/u]What would you like me to focus on:
Guide link:
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 4:16pm | Report
List of pending reviews

Shizukani wrote:

Summoner name: Shizzukani (Ego Ignaxio based guide)
Summoner level: 30
What champion is the guide about: Kennen
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: It's new and I need feedback :)
What would you like me to focus on: Everything
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ego-ignaxios-ranked-kennen-207321?revision=1

Summoner name: InfernalX
What champion is the guide about: Graves
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: A fairly newer guide of mine, I need some reviews for feedback.
What would you like me to focus on: Everything
Guide link: Click Me!

Summoner name: Lilpwninprincess
What champion is the guide about: Annie
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: Would like any suggestions/tips to help making it better. Also, I've worked a ton on it would like more reviews on it :D
What would you like me to focus on: If theirs something I should add and/or am missing.
Guide link: Elegant Annie; Ruthless Tibbers

elkoto wrote:

Summoner name: cuuliu
What champion is the guide about: Pantheon
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: This is my first guide , so I'm happy for any constructive feedback :)
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/top-spear-pantheon-solo-lane-guide-211490

Anastasios wrote:

Summoner name: AnastasiosHJW
What champion is the guide about: Malzahar
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: It is currently pretty high in rating, and i want to be sure that everything is what it is supposed to be in terms of quality. You can never have too much feedback.
What would you like me to focus on: Everything. Not as much on aesthetics though.
Guide link: Here

Turtality wrote:

Summoner name: Turtality
What champion is the guide about: Shen
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: I have a pretty good rating and I want to keep it by making as good as possible.
What would you like me to focus on: Anything and everything you think should be focused on.
Guide link:Wall of Pain

Reviewed guides

Caitlyn

IceCreamy's Caitlyn guide
Verdict: Good guide, I really like the pictures showing exactly where you should use your traps/nets. It's also a nice read as it's visually very appealing and it keeps your attention throughout the entire guide.
Possible improvements: Both the item and rune builds can be improved in my opinion, same with the skill sequence but that's slightly more down to personal preference.
Vote: +1

Evelynn

Shiikan's Evelynn guide
Verdict: Besides a couple of odd item/mastery choices it's a nice and in-depth guide that will give the reader a very good idea of how to play Evelynn in her current rough spot.
Possible Improvements: A couple of item choices could be removed in my opinion, the mastery section needs an alternative setup at the very least.

Fiora

RCIX's Fiora guide
Verdict: Very nice guide and quite honestly the first good Fiora guide I've read so far. The build looks pretty flawless and the guide itsself is amazingly in-depth and detailed.
Possible Improvements: Match-up section needs some work, but then again a section like that is very difficult to get right and requires constant updating.
Vote: N/A

Kalteran's Fiora guide
Verdict: Impressively in-depth and complete Fiora guide. Most of the information in it seems correct and it really shows you've put a lot of effort into making this guide and you know what you're talking about as well.
Possible Improvements: Besides a couple of minor points, I really can't see much room for improvement.

Gangplank

AstralD's Gangplank guide
Verdict: A bit lacking in terms of information, could definitely go more in-depth on all things about the jungle. Item and mastery builds seems a bit inefficient as well.
Possible Improvements: A bunch of sections added and expanded on. Explanations on how to jungle and a way of properly showing and explaning the jungle route.

Sevinho's Gangplank guide
Verdict: A pretty good Gangplank guide that's pretty up to date with how he's usually played nowadays.
Possible Improvements: Update the match-ups and add a couple more defensive items

Xeronn's Gangplank guide
Verdict: Informative and in-depth Gangplank guide with a good build. Explains everything well, is easy to read and has a nice and accurate match-up section.
Possible Improvements: Small things about the masteries, also remove the unnecessary rune choices.

Irelia

Pølsemanden's Irelia guide
Verdict: Great Irelia guide. Visually not very appealing and sometimes a bit confusing but makes up for that with its content.
Possible Improvements: A teamfights section. Perhaps also clear up a couple of sections with slightly better formatting cause it does get a bit confusing sometimes.

Asaki's Irelia guide
Verdict: Very in-depth and solid Irelia guide. Uses a strong build that's pretty up-to-date with how Irelia is played nowadays. Overall, one of the better Irelia guides out there.
Possible Improvements: A little work on the masteries.

Janna

IceCreamy's Janna guide
Verdict: Very in-depth guide with a lot of useful tips, tricks and insight on how to play Janna. I do however think the actual build needs some work.
Possible Improvements: The build needs some work, as well as the addition of Vision Wards and some explanation about brush control and Oracle's Elixir

Jax

BluAnimal's Jax guide
Verdict: Pretty decent Jax guide that gives it's readers a pretty good idea of how to build Jax. Doesn't really say much about how to actually play Jax though.
Possible Improvements: Gameplay tips, more alternative items and runes.

Lux

IceCreamy's Lux guide
Verdict:Very nice Lux guide, I can tell you play her a lot and spent a lot of work into this guide. Like your other guides, this one is a very nice read and doesn't really lack anything content wise.
Possible Improvements: The mastery tree for sure. Perhaps a few small things to the build and adding a few alternative runes

koksei's Lux guide
Verdict: Excellent Lux guide, includes everything one needs to know about Lux and more. Definitely a must read if you want to learn how to play Lux.
Possible Improvements: Spelling/grammar could use some work, otherwise there's not much I'd do differently

Kennen

Vitigam's Kennen guide
Verdict: Excellent Kennen guide that goes very in-depth on every aspect about playing Kennen. A must read if you want to learn about Kennen.
Possible Improvements: Just the alternative mastery setups could be better.

Maokai

Sujing's Maokai guide
Verdict: A good, in-depth look at jungle Maokai. The item build seems a bit inefficient but everything else looks pretty good.
Possible Improvements: The item build needs some work. Some alternative rune/mastery choices wouldn't be bad either.

Miss Fortune

MissMaw's Miss Fortune guide
Verdict: Very nice and detailed guide. While there are some points you could improve on, it definitely deserves its top spot amongst Miss Fortune guides.
Possible Improvements: A bit more explanation about her laning phase, Heal and Cleanse should definitely be noted somewhere and an explanation about your skill sequence

Mordekaiser

VKZ95's Mordekaiser guide
Verdict: Decent Mordekaiser guide. A good reference for people who want to play AP Mordekaiser.
Possible Improvements: The rune and item builds could use a little work.

Poppy

Lilpwninprincess's Poppy guide
Verdict: A decent guide that covers most of the important aspects on how to play AD Poppy. It could be a little more in-depth but all of the basic stuff is included.
Possible Improvements: A little more information on the laning phase and gameplay in general, perhaps something more about item builds.

Shen

Zell's Shen guide
Verdict: Very nice guide, definitely one of the best Shen guides out there. Has a couple of very unique but useful sections, certainly worth a read even if you don't really play Shen.
Possible Improvements: Just a few minor points in the masteries and item build, besides that everything looks great.

Naosie's Shen guide
Verdict: Subpar guide that needs a lot of work and changes. As it currently stands, none of the choices are optimal or even viable.
Possible Improvements: Everything.

Shyvana

Fictionized's Shyvana guide
Verdict: Very in-depth guide, very aesthetically pleasing and will certainly give its readers a good idea on how to play Shyvana in both the jungle and a solo lane. The item builds are good but I'm a bit unsure about the rest of the guide.
Possible improvements: Like I said in my review, I think a lot of your choices need some alternatives. This includes runes/masteries and items.

Sion

Mythikos' Sion guide
Verdict: Decent guide for something you don't commonly see. A couple of weird choices in the item/mastery build and could use a little more depth, especially for the jungle section.
Possible Improvements: The guide needs some work in most aspects. Mainly the item build and the section in the guide about items really needs work.

Sivir

ThoughtFool's Sivir guide
Verdict: Good Sivir guide that will show you how to properly build Sivir for every situation. It is also very in-depth for the parts that it covers.
Possible Improvements: Some gameplay tips rather than a link to another guide would be something you could add.

Soraka

IceCreamy's Soraka guide
Verdict: Impressive Soraka guide that will tell you a lot about her and supporting in general. The build is good and the explanations make sense. Well done.
Possible Improvements: Just a small tweaks in the build. There really isn't anything else I'd change.

Talon

D3lus1ons Talon guide
Verdict: Decent Talon guide. There is enough information and everything is well explained. I have a few issues with the actual build though.
Possible Improvements: The build definitely needs some work, besides that you could probably improve the layout with different color choices, the use of columns for certain sections and centering your images and videos.

RCIX's Talon guide
Verdict: Good and very in-depth Talon guide. A lot of valuable information with good explanations for everything. There's a couple of things in your item and mastery build that are a bit confusing though. Definitely deserves more attention than it's currently getting.
Possible Improvements: A few small things in the build here and there. I wouldn't change too much.

Wukong

Pineberry's Wukong guide
Verdict: Very nice, in-depth guide that will pretty much explain everything you need to know if you want to play Wukong. Definitely one of the better Wukong guides out there.
Possible improvements: While the item builds are definitely viable, I think they can be improved to be a little more effective, also consider adding some alternative rune choices.

Trivs' Wukong guide
Verdict: The build is pretty good, which indicates you know what you're talking about. The actual guide however is a bit lacking and needs some more in-depthness.
Possible Improvements: The guide needs to be more in-depth and the walls of text need to go. Like I mentioned in my review, you can use jhoijhoi's guide to making a guide to help you with all this.

Yorick

Blowfeld's jungle Yorick guide
Verdict: I'm personally not a fan of jungle Yorick and I'm not convinced it's actually viable, but aside from that the guide actually looks good and the build makes sense and looks perfectly viable. The guide is a good reference if you want to base a teamcomp around Yorick and already have 2 solo laners.
Possible Improvements: The layout in some sections can be improved with perhaps a different choice of colors. Also needs a section about teamfighting with Yorick.

Ziggs

Telloth's Ziggs guide
Verdict: The guide looks like it would work. Besides a couple of weird choices here and there I think it has potential.
Possible Improvements: A couple of little things here and there I mentioned. Just a few small issues with the runes/masteries/item build.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 4:17pm | Report
Reserved
Pineberry
<Member>
Pineberry's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 8:25pm | Report
Summoner name: Pineberry
What champion is the guide about: Wukong
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: I dunno, my guide just seems a little lonely. Also any helpful criticism would be appreciated.
What would you like me to focus on: I really have no specifics, so you can just browse over everything.
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/journey-to-the-west-monkeying-around-175565

I appreciate it. :)
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 2:08am | Report
Pineberry's Wukong guide
Verdict: Very nice, in-depth guide that will pretty much explain everything you need to know if you want to play Wukong. Definitely one of the better Wukong guides out there.
Possible improvements: While the item builds are definitely viable, I think they can be improved to be a little more effective, also consider adding some alternative rune choices.
[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 3:21am | Report
Summoner name: csualT BreakAway
What champion is the guide about: Shyvana
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: I am seriously missing out on something, I really do not understand why my guide is number 3 and not number 1. Not to boast and maybe this is completely selfish, but I really think it deserves that number 1 spot.
What would you like me to focus on: Everything you think needs.. something more.
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/shyvana-jungling-and-solo-drakes-145666
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 8:03am | Report
Fictionized's Shyvana guide
Verdict: Very in-depth guide, very aesthetically pleasing and will certainly give its readers a good idea on how to play Shyvana in both the jungle and a solo lane. The item builds are good but I'm a bit unsure about the rest of the guide.
Possible improvements: Like I said in my review, I think a lot of your choices need some alternatives. This includes runes/masteries and items.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 9:57am | Report
Do you accept multiple requests?

Anyways, for now this one:

Summoner name: IceCreamy
What champion is the guide about: Caitlyn
Why do you want this guide to be reviewed: I am quite happy about this guide, so I think it belongs a bit higher than 70 %. And hey, more attention to a guide is never gone ^^
What would you like me to focus on: Info mostly, I am happy about the way my guide looks.
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/caitlyn-fire-in-the-hole-113938

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 11:10am | Report
Eh I knew I forgot something.

Stick to 1 guide per request and let's say, unless there's 5 or more pending requests you can make more requests untill there's 5 pending.

I'll have a look at your guide now :>
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 11:34am | Report
IceCreamy's Caitlyn guide
Verdict: Good guide, I really like the pictures showing exactly where you should use your traps/nets. It's also a nice read as it's visually very appealing and it keeps your attention throughout the entire guide.
Possible improvements: Both the item and rune builds can be improved in my opinion, same with the skill sequence but that's slightly more down to personal preference.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide