Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bankplank

Creator: sirell January 23, 2013 3:43pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 11:10am | Report
I beat 5 now, though they probably didn't know they were facing me and were probably tryhards with skins. Crystalline flask + vision ward + pot + biscuit(21 utility), exhaust if they get cocky, early hp and constant vision ward to stop her from catching a breath. Once I was gonna die, but exhaust + ult + tower. Hue.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 2:39pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Like this.

Spoiler: Click to view

I'm being totally honest here...
That.... "thing" is SO ****ING BAD.......***!

I actually flopped onto the floor and starting laughing *Yes I ROFL'ed*
CantaGallo
<Member>
CantaGallo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 3:54pm | Report
i've just played a normal vs olaf top with bankplank
start off Cloth Armor + 5 Health Potion
then proceed to buy Sapphire Crystal + Boots + Avarice Blade
next recall philosopher's stone + Kindlegem
near the end of the game i had Muramana Statikk Shiv Shurelya's Battlesong Ninja Tabi Vampiric Scepter Giant's Belt.... i would close my build with Warmog's Armor and Ravenous Hydra.... these items worked really good, i closed with a 7 3 10 and a win for my team.
As usual i played passive in lane focusing on farming with Q.
Any tips for me ? Was Iceborn Gauntlet a better choice over Ravenous Hydra ??
Thanks to Lacorpse for sig
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

Put a gem in to their face and hit them hard

DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 5:42pm | Report
Get jewish masteries don't forget. I like the Pickpocket one especially.

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
CantaGallo
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 6:36pm | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

Get jewish masteries don't forget. I like the Pickpocket one especially.

i know that Parrrley will proc the effect (5 gold yup) and movement speed is also great on bankplank, with the more starting gold i could start even with Cloth Armor + Faerie Charm + Health Potion ... but going on 0 9 21 isnt a waste of tankyness? Which runes should i take? Cause i love to be tanky with bankplank i think it's a part of the role.
At the moment i play him with armor penetration marks, attack damage quints, armor seal , and magic res per level glyphs, and 0 21 9
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 6:47pm | Report
Crystalline Flask is still great on him, depends on their toplane really. 0/9/21 fits him perfectly and you'll still get to be tanky and dish gud damage mang
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 7:11pm | Report
Well, I've played 4 games with experimental Bankplank builds, trying to build different things. But essentially speaking, I stole Falseo's runes and mastery set-up from the time when he played the inhouse.

3 wins so far on positive K/D/A (even on the 1 loss). I've yet to try him tanky yet, and I haven't tried building Shurelya's Battlesong yet, so I'll probably try a tank-type build with that one.

I like the brief AoE slow on Iceborn Gauntlet, would probably make it a core over Trinity Force. Don't think I'd bother with Muramana. Don't think Ravenous Hydra is really worth it unless you wanted to try the Black Cleaver+ Ravenous Hydra combo. Ravenous Hydra on its own just simply doesn't dish enough damage to make it worthwhile, nor is using it to farm cost effective when it is 3500g in the first place...

OK, so I'm thinking Mercury's Treads, Statikk Shiv, Iceborn Gauntlet, Warmog's Armor, Shurelya's Battlesong and Spirit Visage as a general build. Might swap out Statikk Shiv late-game for Infinity Edge or build Atma's Impaler instead.

So that should give him decent coverage for hp, armor, magic resist, CDR and some crit chance. I won't be dealing huge damage with this, but it should provide good utility and survivability.

Items are swapped as necessary to counter enemy champs.

Thoughts?
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 7:29pm | Report
I disagree with the Shurelya's Battlesong. It got nerfed hard and I don't think you should get it on anyone but support now

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
CantaGallo
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 7:31pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Well, I've played 4 games with experimental Bankplank builds, trying to build different things. But essentially speaking, I stole Falseo's runes and mastery set-up from the time when he played the inhouse.

3 wins so far on positive K/D/A (even on the 1 loss). I've yet to try him tanky yet, and I haven't tried building Shurelya's Battlesong yet, so I'll probably try a tank-type build with that one.

I like the brief AoE slow on Iceborn Gauntlet, would probably make it a core over Trinity Force. Don't think I'd bother with Muramana. Don't think Ravenous Hydra is really worth it unless you wanted to try the Black Cleaver+ Ravenous Hydra combo. Ravenous Hydra on its own just simply doesn't dish enough damage to make it worthwhile, nor is using it to farm cost effective when it is 3500g in the first place...

OK, so I'm thinking Mercury's Treads, Statikk Shiv, Iceborn Gauntlet, Warmog's Armor, Shurelya's Battlesong and Spirit Visage as a general build. Might swap out Statikk Shiv late-game for Infinity Edge or build Atma's Impaler instead.

So that should give him decent coverage for hp, armor, magic resist, CDR and some crit chance. I won't be dealing huge damage with this, but it should provide good utility and survivability.

Items are swapped as necessary to counter enemy champs.

Thoughts?

i bought Shurelya's Battlesong first because i had philosopher's stone and second because it give me more utility to the team,and of course it's cheap.
i wasnt sure about the Ravenous Hydra , but except the damage output isnt worth for the lifesteal and the hp regen?
About the Muramana....i have goofy mana issue with bankplank early-mid game so the mana regen and the uge mana pool are sooo good for me, and it has good sinergy ( i had 70 attack damage from it) with Iceborn Gauntlet wich seems to be a must on gp.
If the support buy Shurelya's Battlesong late game you can sell it instead of the Statikk Shiv for the Infinity Edge

DarkPercy wrote:

I disagree with the Shurelya's Battlesong. It got nerfed hard and I don't think you should get it on anyone but support now

so we should simply sell philosopher's stone at some point of the game?
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 8:07pm | Report
CantaGallo wrote:

so we should simply sell philosopher's stone at some point of the game?

Yes.

Bankplank gains bonus gold from: masteries, runes, pickpocket parrrley, gp10, minion parley, avarice blade, ultimate kills/assists. You can safely sell Philo midgame. It's main function is really just making you stay in lane and helping you sustain yourself with mana+hp regen, since it brings more parleys and oranges.

@sirell at some point, a Blade of the Ruined King will work wonders with what you're building. IE is also nice since you have shyv, I've bought it a few times. Last Whisper also helps keeping damage when everyone's levels become normalized.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide