This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Fizz Build Guide by pauloxisto
Fizz - Trollin' Style (Because He's not Stitch.)By pauloxisto | Updated on November 22, 2011
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Choose Champion Build:
Hi.. and He's not Stitch e.e
Now let's talk about this build. Fizz is a great assassin, like Katarina or Akali (the two also use AP), so I could try to create two fix builds, an AP hunter build (based on Katarina and Akali builds with a little piece of mana) and an Hybrid DPS/AP, maybe an Unique Style... but whatever, let's do this.
I don't need to say a lot about Fizz's Pros and Cons, so... I'll not put anymore here.
Nimble Fighter: Fizz's dexterity allows him to perpetually ignore unit collision and take reduced physical damage from autoattacks.
This is your infinite Ghost. With this Fizz is "uncatchable" and more resistant against the freaking auto-attackers like Tryndamere and Master Yi. Go get my wine, we will make a party! (LOL?)
Urchin Strike: Fizz dashes a fixed distance in the direction of his target, dealing his total attack damage as physical damage plus additional magic damage to it.
This is your hunter skill man, if the target is inside the range of Urchin Strike, Fizz appears behind the enemy, getting it faster than Yi's Highlander.
- Try to not start the battle with this skill. U'll only use it when the enemy is going away, so... you appear behind it and, voilè.
- This skill apply on-hit effects. You can activate Sheen with Seastone Trident and dashes to the enemy, dealing extra damage.
- A combo with Chum the Waters and Urchin Strike are very welcome!
- (Passive): Fizz's autoattacks rend his target, dealing magic damage over 3 seconds that strengthens if the opponent is low on life. Multiple autoattacks will only refresh the duration.
- (Active): Fizz's attacks are empowered for the next 5 seconds, dealing additional magic damage on-hit and causing grievous wounds to his opponents.
This is a great combination of Bio-Arcane Barrage and Toxic Shot. Damage over time basing on the enemy missing health? Omg, go get my vodka, we'll have a party.
- This passive can help you a lot with Madred's Bloodrazor.
- Activating it you deal extra damage and the passive doesn't turn off. Use it to combo everyone with attacks and trollings.
Playful/Trickster: Fizz hops onto his trident in a nearby location, becoming untargetable for 0.5 seconds and gaining the ability to use Trickster before the effect ends. If Fizz does not use it, he will slam the ground below him, dealing magic damage and slowing nearby enemies for 2 seconds.
This is, probably, your best skill(shark doesn't count) and the harder to use. Needs timing and a lot of synchrony to use it.
- Do not start a battle with Playful / Trickster. Starting with this can create a weakness and an opening for the enemy ults you. Use it when the enemy are weak, or when you know that your ult comes (like Riven's blade of the exile).
- Playful / Trickster can trough the walls. If you pretend to start with it, start with honor.
- If the enemy are running away and have an enemy turret near it, use Urchin Strike to get it and use Playful / Trickster to avoid the turret attack.
OMG, GET MY WHISKEY, NOW WE HAVE A PARTY!!! Unique skill, the little sharky emerges from the earth (yes, he emerges from the earth) and "LOLOLOL, A GIANT FISH OMG OMG LOLOLOLOL I want some cake :(".
These items are for you make the paths. As I see, Fizz is like Sion, 1001 ways to play with him, so, I choice these 3 items for you make your own path.
Tear of the Goddess: This item gives to Fizz the mana that he needs. You can evolve it to Archangel's Staff if you'll make AP or an Hybrid Style for Fizz. Or you can evolve it to Manamune, if you are planning to make an AD or an DPS Style.
Archangel's Staff: Gives AP and Mana. Well, you'll feed this "big eye" with skills. Probably you'll only get 1000 extra Mana on late games (the other team probably will surrender soon, if not, continues to attack).
Manamune: Gives Mana and Damage. To feed this blue sword will be easy to feed it, because you gain mana with normal attacks. Great for Hybrid DPS or AD Fizz.
catalyst the protector: This item gives Health and Mana, for future survivability. You can evolve it to Rod of Ages for AP Fizz or you can evolve it to Banshee's Veil for a troll Fizz (I'll explain this soon).
Rod of Ages: Gives Health, Mana and AP per time. This item is very good for full mage champions, like Karthus and Morgana. It gives the survivability that a mage needs. Well, Fizz already have natural dodging, but doesn't have a natural mana. This item gives that mana... and extra! AP and Health! *-*
Banshee's Veil: I never create it for Fizz, but I know that this is good. Why? It blocks an ability. Boom! If you couldn't block the Ace in the Hole with playful / tricskter, this will block it :D
Sheen: Ok ok, you can hate the other two items, but this is, certainly, AN ITEM TO MAKE FOR Fizz. You have two ways to use it. The Lich Bane or Trinity Force. You decide what is better for your Fizz. You can deal with Sheen's effect: Avtivating Seastone Trident with Urchin Strike and maybe, the own Playful / Trickster activates itself.
Lich Bane: This item changes the effect of Sheen. Cannot stacks with Sheen's ability, but gives extra attack based on your AP. This is good if you are planning an AP or a Hunter Fizz.
Trinity Force: The most expensive item. It merges all of the paths in just one, the equilibrium. Zeal, Sheen and Phage. All of these items combinated in this item. 3-nity force can be used with all of your paths, because this is an universal item. Expensive, but universal...
AP Trickster Fizz
I'll explain the itens with the timeline of a normal game.
- Start with Doran's Ring and Playful / Trickster.
- Choice your path: AP / Hybrid / AD / DPS? I chose my AP trickster path.
- If you want, get some life potion and Mana Potion.
- Get the boots. They will help you, like it or not.
- I start to made Rod of Ages. Here depends on you, if you want HP, get Ruby Crystal, if you want Mana, get Sapphire Crystal. Then make catalyst the protector.
- Stop the Rod of Ages and get Ionian Boots of Lucidity. Cooldown Reduction is always goods, mostly on champions like Fizz.
- If you still are with mana problems. Create Tear of the Goddess to solve it.
- Get Rod of Ages and start your Crystal Scepter. If you are on a Killing Spree, don't let it end, start with giant belt.
- After finish your Rylai's Crystal Scepter, you decide what you will continue for Fizz. But don't forget to make your Sheen to overdrive your skills!
Hybrid AP/DPS Trickster Fizz
- Start with Doran's Ring and Playful / Trickster. (Same thing)
- Choice your path: AP / Hybrid / AD / DPS? I chose my AP trickster path.
- If you want, get some life potion and Mana Potion. My Hybrid mastery page can help this (I'll explain it soon).
- Here, after the boots, instead catalyst the protector you'll make Tear of the Goddess.
- Then start your Rylai's Crystal Scepter. If you are a Hybrid hunter, slow is always welcome.
- Here you can make Stinger or Fiendish Codex for your Nashor.
- Create your Sheen and finish Manamune or Archangel's Staff (for a DPS hybrid is better mana per attack than mana per skill).
- Now you decide what you will continue for Fizz. Madred's Bloodrazor will help a lot Seastone Trident's passive. Depending the situation, create Trinity Force, Lich Bane or Hextech Gunblade.
(Situational Items for a Situational Champion)
Trollin' Style is a special collection for Fizz, because he's the only champion that trolls the enemy with dances and sharks. And the enemy, thinking that Fizz is Stitch, go help him and eventually dies. These items are specially focused to
Banshee's Veil: Trololo, this item blocks an ability! Fizz get +1 POINT in Trolling.
Ninja Tabi: Trololo², this item have dodge chance!! Fizz get +12% POINTS in Trolling.
Quicksilver Sash: Trololo³, this item removes DEBUFFS!!! Fizz get +1 POINT in Trolling.
Zhonya's Hourglass: Trololo²+², this item Stasis you!!!! Fizz get +2 POINTS in Trolling.
Hexdrinker: Trololo²+³, this item creates a Shield!!!!! Fizz get +1 POINTS in Trolling.
Guardian Angel: Trololo³+³, this item REVIVES YOU!!!!!! Fizz get +1 POINTS in Trolling.
Trolling at maximum.
Thornmail: Trololo²+²+³, this item is good with Nimble Fighter!!!!!!!
Ok, I don't understand what happened with these items (maybe they troll me), but here we go! Trollin' Style! Now, TROLOLO SING ALONG WITH 50 HOURS!!! (what?)
This mastery (21/0/9) is focused on AP, AP per level and Mana per level. I don't have a lot of things to say about this mastery page, but whatever, if you want, switch Runic Affinity for Scout .
This mastery (15/0/15) is focused on a lot of things, specially gold ( Greed and Wealth ). As I said earlier, Wealth can help you to buy a potion with doran's ring.
Exhaust: This is my core SS, I use it almost 99,9% of times. Exhaust slows the enemy and weak him (well, if he's running, slow him and.. bye bye \o).
Ghost: Flash is nerfed, so I start to use Ghost with more frequency. Ghost and Flash can help Exhaust or help you to run away/catch. Fizz already have a natural ghost (no collision, Nimble Fighter), so this is just a speed bonus :B.