Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 10:40pm | Report
AngelPixe wrote:

I would love for you to look over my guide again to see if there anything else that needs to be fixed ^_^.

The Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/shadow-killer-on-duty-85584

not sure if I should fill the form again or not >X<

It is required, and I'll take a look at it as well.
lithybaer
<Member>
lithybaer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 12:35am | Report
Guide For (champion): Wukong
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: This is my first guide, and I'd like it very much if someone helped me out and gave me some pointers.
What I'd like you to focus on: Your opinion on if my guide is clear and concise, as well as your opinions on the guide itself regarding accuracy of concepts.
Guide Link: Wukong the Burst King

Thanks in advance!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 9:38pm | Report

!!! University > Reviewing !!!

Reviewable Guides

Guide For (champion): Shaco
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I feel that I have found a new perspective for Shaco in the current meta, wherein squishy assassin-dps is not always the right call.
What I'd like you to focus on: Please focus on the viability of this guide in higher elo/ranked/competitive play. Any additional comments with regard to sections missing, etc. would also be appreciated.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/shaco-unstoppable-jungle-tanky-dps-102477

kin333x wrote:

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: i think i might have forgot something, or failed at writing it AGAIN!
What I'd like you to focus on: the guide itself
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-the-tanky-dps-106043

Phaux wrote:

Guide For (champion): Orianna, The Lady Of Clockwork
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: To improve both the guide and the number of viewers it might get. I'm looking to improve not just my own Orianna play, but everyone else's play aswell.
What I'd like you to focus on: Focus on every tiny aspect of the guide you can find, I'd love to hear everything, but mainly the item build and reasoning behind it.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/orianna-an-in-depth-ap-caster-guide-106382

Lugignaf wrote:

Guide For: Udyr.
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: It's kind of new and after the Lanedyr nerfs, this is really the only way to work him now.
What I'd like you to focus on: The content. Formatting and humor. I know my information is correct and it's what I stand by myself. Unless someone provides compelling evidence that I'm way, way wrong, it will not change much.
Guide Link: *Le Derp*

Guide For (champion): Sona
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Back for another! And I'm not quite as sure about this one.
What I'd like you to focus on: The feeling of the second half (on gameplay, warding, clairvoyance. All of that stuff). It doesn't look clean to me for some reason.
Guide Link: This one!

ChefoSLR wrote:

Champion Guide for: Leona, revamped
Reasons why I want you to review it: I think I did a really god job of following your advice from your last review. I haven't missed a thing and have added a lot more content, as well as changing some to better fit the build.
Things I want you to focus on: Primarily the changes, I hope everything's perfect now.
Link: Leona, Bloodstained Light (Updated)

verxx wrote:

Guide For (champion): Orianna
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I put in a great deal explaining how to play AP Orianna correctly including Early, Mid and Late Game. The different way your ball can be used. I've also outlined all the possible items that you could use and when you should be getting them (including core starting build).
What I'd like you to focus on: The guide and the skill order. I have explained a lot here about all her different factors.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/play-with-my-balls-complete-detailed-ap-orianna-guide-106580

XxStarkxX wrote:

Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Its my first guide.
What I'd like you to focus on: My Runes, I'm weak at runes, would appreciate the help
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/minor-support-ad-beast-kayle-107270

lithybaer wrote:

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: This is my first guide, and I'd like it very much if someone helped me out and gave me some pointers.
What I'd like you to focus on: Your opinion on if my guide is clear and concise, as well as your opinions on the guide itself regarding accuracy of concepts.
Guide Link: Wukong the Burst King

VKZ95 wrote:

Guide for: Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to know what experienced players think of my guide
What I'd like you to focus on: items (what could be changed)
Guide Link: Mordekaiser

I'll get to reviewing soon! On another note, Nighthawk has opened his own Review Thread Here. Go ahead and check it out ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
VKZ95
<Member>
VKZ95's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 12:43am | Report
Guide for: Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to know what experienced players think of my guide
What I'd like you to focus on: items (what could be changed)
Guide Link: Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser the metallic nightmare RIFT, thank you JEFFY40HANDS for this awesome signature
Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 11:51am | Report
Wow Jhoi, this thread became massive. I know I'm really really late on this, but great initiative ^^
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 6:55pm | Report
Tol Eressea's Jungle Shaco Guide
Verdict: Absolutely one of the most interesting and well presented guides I have ever read. The build itself is certainly a different take on the normally glass cannon Shaco builds I see, and the reasoning behind the item choices is coherent and mathematically backed. A wonderful guide to read and learn from.
Possible Improvements: As Nighthawk said, maybe a few screenshots would be beneficial. Just simple jungle route ones would be great for people who look up the guide just for a route in champion select and can't afford to watch the videos ^^ Some colour and small formatting edits would increase the aesthetics of the guide. I really enjoyed reading the guide - it's not often that I'm able to read through an entire guide without getting bored at one point :3 One more suggestion - jungle respawn times. Xenasis borrowed a section from my general guide about jungle respawn times, I'm happy for you to use it too.

Constructive Criticism:

1) I know Shaco is very good at getting away, but I'm always wary of guides that don't have Flash as a summoner spell.

2) :/ You have no resistances before you buy Warmog's Armor. I'd suggest buying Banshee's Veil before it, so you have some magic resist to go with the minuscule amount of armour from Wriggle's Lantern. Always buy resistances before health, or resistances with health before straight up health. Read Here.

3) Err, you have Merc Treads bought after 3 large items...

4) You may like to add some colour into your guide :)

5) Another con, "Squishy early game"

6) Flash as opposed to - it's easier, I promise ^^

7) Center all videos :)

8) You can use the new embedding system. (masteries), (items), (abilities) - just replace ( ) with [ ]

9) I think you need to add in some extra spaces in your item breakdown section. It all seems so clumped together. The headings and items could be centred and that'd look nice too.

10) When using separator lines:

enter
enter
-- -- --
enter
enter

to ensure flow and so the lines don't touch text.

11) I really enjoyed your item breakdown section. Extremely informative :)

12) "No Jungler?
Take the buff for yourself. With 5 JitB, you actually don't need Smite to finish off a Blue Buff, and it will allow you to place more Boxes than ever before. Most important thing is that you get your items quickly and get to the buff to start laying them down."

I think this needs to be repeated all throughout your guide! It's an overlooked opportunity many times because it's generally frowned upon to jungle without Smite. But that early Blue would be godly for a lane Shaco ^^

I really enjoyed your guide :) And I think Shaco is as viable as Vayne at the moment ^^

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 7:19pm | Report
Kin's Wukong Guide
Verdict: The guide is cute, and the author seems to have put as much effort into it as they could ^^
Possible Improvements: A lot in this guide could be improved, but I have a feeling the guide isn't meant to be a proper guide, more of a reference for the author. All the author has to do is have a look at the guides I have rec'd in my first post, and maybe he'll have an inkling of how he could improve his guide.

Constructive Criticism:

1) I'd suggest only displaying one build (the one you use 90% of the time), and suggesting the other items/summoner spells/ability sequence in your actual guide.

2) Boots of Swiftness? Really? :/

3) I feel like you should be getting Sheen earlier.

4) Good Hands > Perseverance

5) lol, cute introduction ^^

6) You should only buy Atma's once you have health to make it worth it.

7) Not sure why you have parenthesis's around your skills? Also, you shouldn't just copy paste skill information. Write your own explanations, or don't have the section at all.

8) Another optional item is Last Whisper or Black Cleaver.

9) Don't say you haven't tried your second build =.= Just don't have it there at all =.=

10) I'd order your guide the way I say to order it in my guide about making a guide.

♡ sig by me ♡
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 11:15pm | Report
Guide For : Nocturne
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I'd like some feedback from pros.
What I'd like you to focus on: Build order, format of the guide, what i should add, etc. Pretty much just anything I can change in it.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/fedturne-that-dark-thing-in-the-jungle-107889
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 12:01am | Report
Faux's Orianna Guide
Verdict: A decent Orianna guide; the author seems to know what he/she is talking about, and a lot can be learned from the gameplay sections of the guide.
Possible Improvements: The author needs to work on their sense of paragraphical space - a lot of the time there are unintentional walls of text, or blimps in paragraphs due to oversized icons. Screenshots/video gameplay would be nice. Over all a very good effort :)

Before I begin, I'd suggest turning on Comment to Vote. It's always sad when someone downvotes a guide without a reason :(

Constructive Criticism:

1) I'm not quite sure about your runes. Seals of Replenishment or Clarity would suit better, as Orianna is a very mana hungry champion.

2) You should chuck in level one boots after philosopher's stone, just for clarity.

3) I'm really happy you're looking into defensive items, this is certainly not a completely glass cannon build. The problem is, you don't have much health to back up those resistances. A Rod of Ages or Rylai's would be fantastic additions.

4) Good Hands > Perseverance

5) "Malzahar or Fiddlesticks" - I doubt a real team would have both ^^ You also need to work on your sense of space. All of your paragraphs/sentences are clumped up together and need to be separated by an extra enter space.

ie:

Quoted:

Please keep in mind while reading this guide that this is not what you HAVE TO DO in order to succeed with Orianna, this is just a guideline to help you get started.
[enter]
Please, after trying the build out, leave a comment and tell me what you think of it.
[enter]
When to play Orianna:
[enter]
In the current meta (tanky dps top, AP carry mid, jungler, support + AD carry bot) Orianna serves the role of an AP Carry. So don't pick Orianna if you already have Malzahar and Fiddlesticks on your team.

6) I'm not sure why you've added "for Orianna" at the end of every chapter... The guide is about Orianna, you don't need to repeat it ^^

7) Use the embedding system in your Masteries section.

8) Don't list useless summoner spells. Center large icons. Use colour to distinguish between sections. Your lists also seem to be broken somehow...

9) You need to set out your sections in a way that will appeal to readers. Your Skill Explanation section isn't really visually attractive.

10) When writing within a paragraph I would suggest Rod of Ages as opposed to

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 12:20am | Report
Lugignaf's Jungle Udyr Guide
Verdict: A short, and to the point jungle Udyr guide.
Possible Improvements: The guide may be a bit short. It's very succinct, which is great, but the author doesn't really explain Udyr's role in a teamfight, or what he is meant to do and how to do it. Blazing Stampede > Wilding Claw > Blazing Stampede doesn't tell me anything. The jungling section could include a routed map, which would be nice, or a video of the route. The author needs to work on some formatting errors and making his guide a tad prettier. Otherwise, a good guide.

Constructive Criticism:

1) Flash + Stun > Ghost + Blazing Stampede

2) o.O Not even one level of Wingborne Storm?

3) Centring your large icons would give a nice effect. Also, it may just be me, but that fluro text + the more fluro text under it is making my eyes bleed. I literally can't read it or look at it too long.

4) Why wouldn't Phoenix stance pop Banshee's?

5) You say you get a level of Phoenix at level 6, but your skilling order says otherwise.

6) Your Items section is a bit lacklustre. It needs larger icons and colour. But that's only my opinion, some people may think it's neat and orderly :)

7) Half of your Jungling section is in list format by accident. An image of the route would be nice.

8) Use the powers MobaFire gives you:

Quoted:
For Udyr, a successful gank is one where they die or use summoners (like Flash) while you use almost nothing. Your general "gank plan" is this: Activate Blazing Stampede and run out. Attack. Switch to Wilding Claw and Blazing Stampede as needed.

>
Quoted:
For Udyr, a successful gank is one where they die or use summoners while you use almost nothing. Your general "gank plan" is this. Activate bear and run out. Attack. Switch to tiger and bear as needed.

9) Why is the order of your chapters so weird?

Note: One level of Perseverance is okay. Consecutive levels after that only give 1% so the effects are so minimal you may as well put the point elsewhere.

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide