Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I'm requesting assistance for a Duo partner...

Creator: Sirnikolai April 27, 2015 8:55pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
You pretty Much need a Duo parntner to get out of Bronze hell.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 8:40am | Report
ADCs doing all the farming in bot lane is the reason they're saying you should get items like Spellthief's Edge (the best starting item for Sona), Ancient Coin, and Relic Shield on supports.

Dunno what masteries you run on her, but if you're not running 9-0-21, 4-5-21, or 0-9-21 already, try one of those.

I'd probably build something more like this on Sona-
starting items:
X3

early game core:

general core items:

note: Ruby Sightstone is a late game upgrade, usually after you have most of a build or if you start feeling like you don't have enough wards when you want them

Pick one:
or talisman of ascension

defensive options:

offensive options:

final build should probably look something like:

Unless I'm doing really well, I don't really consider getting a lot of AP on Sona. This build would also work on Janna, Nami, or even Lulu if you decided to play any of them. Honestly, it'd work on just about any support that isn't a tank or a mage support.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 8:55am | Report
ADCs doing all the farming in bot lane is the reason they're saying you should get items like Spellthief's Edge (the best starting item for Sona), Ancient Coin, and Relic Shield on supports.

Dunno what masteries you run on her, but if you're not running 9-0-21, 4-5-21, or 0-9-21 already, try one of those.

I'd probably build something more like this on Sona-
starting items:
X3

early game core:

general core items:

note: Ruby Sightstone is a late game upgrade, usually after you have most of a build or if you start feeling like you don't have enough wards when you want them

Pick one:
or talisman of ascension

defensive options:

offensive options:

final build should probably look something like:

Unless I'm doing really well, I don't really consider getting a lot of AP on Sona. This build would also work on Janna or Nami if you decided to play either of them.

Do you know it's do or die with any support that's left stranded with no mobility? Nami is the most mobile out of the three. I only build Sona2 ways, but i don't have the other runes to go the other way affectively.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 9:01am | Report
She has Mobility Boots - That literally has more mobility than any other boot choice.
If you're in a position where you'd get caught with a boots of mobility, then you were positioned poorly, and are way too close to your opponents.

Also, Janna's probably the most mobile of the three
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 9:03am | Report
I've played mostly support since the first season of this game, I know how to build them properly. Lich Bane on Sona is pure cheese, unless you're really ahead it's basically worthless because you're sacrificing defense and utility stats to get damage and a small amount of mobility (not enough to get what you want). You're not getting Mobility Boots either, which are really important. Also, Janna's Zephyr and Tailwind kinda make her the queen of innate mobility as far as supports go. Nami isn't immobile, but her innate mobility isn't incredibly amazing anymore either. All of those supports have movement speed buffs already built into their kits somewhere anyways.

You can run one single runepage on every tank or utility support in the game and it will be functional (not entirely optimal on some, but it'll work well enough). Two if you wanna get fancy with it and have a separate page for the non-tanks with greater mark of hybrid penetration or something.

Basically a runepage with:
X3
or X9
X9
X9

will work on any support in the game that doesn't require a more specialized page (which is most of the tank/utility supports).

or just tell me what runes you do have and I (or someone else) can tell you what will work, because it's honestly just not that picky on supports.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 10:25am | Report
utopus wrote:
No need for an apology

No need for an apology, I was actually taking a stab at his inability to manage resources as well, so it's not as if I wasn't being mean.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 11:29am | Report

Thresh kept triggering pointless team battles & leesin comes in & destroys us all.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 12:19pm | Report
Given that you did the second least damage to champions on your team and didn't have a lot of gold either, you're clearly also doing things wrong.

Also (having glanced at your match history), your Sona build, runes, and masteries are really odd and not optimal at all, which is a huge part of why you're having issues. 21 utility will give you a decent amount of innate mobility (so run 4-5-21/0-9-21), while running a combination of flat armor quints, magic (or hybrid) penetration marks, health seals, and MR glyphs will give you a good defensive backbone and a bit of extra damage on your poke. I personally wouldn't run flat AP in runes, imo Sona doesn't scale well enough anymore to utilize it very well, plus she's already squishy enough as is.

The skill priority should be Crescendo > Hymn of Valor > Aria of Perseverance > Song of Celerity. There's really no reason to take more than one point in Song of Celerity early (at level four, not level two) and not even everyone does that. You basically take it for the slow on Power Chord and that's it.

Also, please take Exhaust. No reason to ever take Teleport on a support unless it's Lulu top or something.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 12:22pm | Report
dont go 9/0/21 the 9 in offense only gives u a few ap while 9 in defense gives you more worthwhile stats

i go 0/9/21 on every sup

and @op: try working on dying less first
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 12:25pm | Report
Embracing wrote:
dont go 9/0/21 the 9 in offense only gives u a few ap while 9 in defense gives you more worthwhile stats
fair enough, removed.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 1:01pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

i go 0/9/21 on every sup

and @op: try working on dying less first

or you can go super toshi support style and go 10/10/10 and be equally useless.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide