Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Preseason 6 ADC Itemization

Creator: Janitsu November 14, 2015 5:38am
1 2 3
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 5:38am | Report
Hey guys!

As season 5 "ADC Main", I've given a lot of thought to ADC itemization. I have absolutely no idea how to build them, but here are my thoughts thus far:

Tristana/ Caitlyn:

Infinity Edge and Rapid Firecannon/ Statikk Shiv
- Because they are autoattack orientated and they have to position a lot

Lucian:

Essence Reaver and Statikk Shiv
- Lot of mobility and AD caster

Graves:

Infinity Edge and Statikk Shiv
- Rapid Firecannon's passive seems pointless because the closer you are, the more damage you deal

Jinx:

Infinity Edge and Statikk Shiv/ Phantom Dancer
- Autoattacks a lot, rocket launcher likes crit and hypercarry

Vayne:

Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer
- Duels a lot, gets targeted due to her reputation

For life steal items, I think most of these want Mercurial Scimitar, unless they lack some hard CC and you have long range (e.g. Caitlyn), Bloodthirster seems like a good choice to me. Death's Dance seems cool for Kalista because you'll get a ton of health from your E alone, and executing people with Dangerous Game gets you back on your feet. Blade of the Ruined King is optional if they have a lot of health and if you need self-peel.

Some thoughts guys?

(straight copypasta from my question in the Q&A)

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 7:16am | Report
My thoughts for the ADC items that I've tried on Miss Fortune:

NOTE: I will use Miss Fortune's first name, Sarah, to refer to her. I'm on mobile right now.

1. Cull
-You need to CS almost ALL the time just to get the +300 gold passive. You need sometimes to play passive for that. Sarah can easily proc the item's passive because of Love Tap. It is a rewarding item despite its underwhelming stats it provide.
2. Essence Reaver
-As a "caster" type ADC, this item is nice for Sarah. This item has everything that she needs to be powerful: crit chance, CDR, life steal, and the passive that restores mana.
3. Statikk Shiv
-Good item for Sarah, it will give her superb waveclear.
4. Phantom Dancer
-Another good item for Sarah, but this is better than Statikk Shiv (for me), because it can give you better dueling and team fight potential and the ignore minion collision passive (minion block too stronk).
5. Rapid Firecannon
-One of Sarah's strengths is she is good at sieging towers, and this is a good item for her.

Well that's all that I've tried for now. I'll update this comment as soon as I try new items this preseason...

Ja na~
Sig made by me!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 9:39am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
For an autoattacking/long ranged AD carry:

IE components ( B. F. Sword, Pickaxe)
Zeal
Infinity Edge (except Kalista, who finishes Hurricane first)
Runaan's Hurricane (generally, some cases might want Shiv)

For a caster AD carry:

Essence Reaver
Statikk Shiv

One or two exceptions are likely, for example Vayne probably rushes Shiv.

Afterwards, Bloodthirster is still very strong and should be part of most builds. If the other team has tanks you'll definitely want Lord Dominik's Regards; you can also just build one component of it if you're dealing with mostly health or mostly armour. Sixth item can be whatever the hell you want really, Mercurial Scimitar is great, double crit/AS item is fine, build whatever you need. 99% of games won't go that long anyway.

Blade of the Ruined King - Nerfed too hard and not worth building generally imo.
Phantom Dancer - Unsure about this, but it's more expensive and it doesn't have the extra damage of the other crit/AS items so I think it's much more situational.
Rapid Firecannon - Don't like this at all, the stats are too much lower and the passive is only useful for sieging.
Mortal Reminder - Pretty much worthless I think
Death's Dance - Not as good as BT. Could be a decent sixth item.

shameless copypasta from blog
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 9:58am | Report
My thoughts for the ADC items that I've tried on Miss Fortune:

I play lots of botlane with a friend who plays MF all the time, he builds;

Essence Reaver
Statikk Shiv
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver

Not sure what he gets as last item, but either way that build is super strong and melts ppl.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 10:07am | Report
I think that Cull is total Garbo. Not worth the lowered laning stats imo.

I've only really been playing Graves and it's pretty much what Luther said in that regard.

Here's a tricky one though guys, what about Corki?

I assume Sorce boots are required now. I also assume he doesnt build a Last Whisper item? Perhaps he buys Liandry's Torment or Void Staff? Lifesteal probably feels like **** to him now as half his auto damage is magical, right? This changes everything.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 10:37am | Report
I heard he's being played as some kind of a hybrid/mage in midlane right now in high Elo, rather than ADC. Haven't seen much myself because Im not playing ranked, but it makes sense with these changes in mind.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 11:32am | Report
But he still builds like Reaver/Triforce I'd imagine?

Perhaps its a good idea to use him as an adc still if say you have Riven top, Lee sin Jungle and Talon mid (Heavy AD comp, needs magic damage)?
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 12:59pm | Report
Lucian has been retooled as an AD caster, so that he's not reliant of attack speed. I'm guessing Essence Reaver/ Infinity Edge rush is the way to go if the changes did their work.

Also Infinity Edge might not be as OP as a first item now that more adc items give the same stats as it, and Youmuu's Ghostblade/ Maw of Malmortius might be worth considering in some cases.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 1:43pm | Report
Cull is such a useless item. You spend 450 gold on it. You get +1g for every minion you kill, capping out at 100 = 100g plus 300g you gain, which equals 400 gold. When you sell it, it gives you 180 gold, which results in a grand profit of 130 gold. What the hell are you buying with 130 gold? Seems very useless to me, since keeping it in your inventory is not worth it past the 15 minute mark, because of it's garabage stats. Doran's Blade is, in my opinion, still the go-to item on 100% of the ADCs.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 2:02pm | Report
I've seen a TON of Essence Reaver, even on autoattack based ADCs like Caitlyn, usually in addition to IE. I have also seen very little lifesteal since everyone seems to be profiting off the ridiculous Warlord's Bloodlust mastery and building full crit.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide