Irelia Build Guide by pauloxisto
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
- Bruiser Malzahar, *burp* I think a Voidling just came out!
- Sona - The Song of Soul (Still Not Complete)
- Riven - Tanking'n'Slashing
- The Highway to Hell - Playing with Mordekaiser.
- Kog'Maw - The Void Eater
- Fizz - Trollin' Style (Because He's not Stitch.)
- "Closer to the flower, closer to the thorns..."
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi guys, I'm not used to making introductions, but I found it necessary to build to a Irelia, because, honestly, I never saw another Irelia in the game except me. I do not know if it's because I did not look right, but seriously ... She is without doubt the most hidden champion of the League of Legends.
Another gotcha that I found even stranger was that none of the Irelia's builds from this site matched with mine, I do not know if it's because my style is unique (I ALWAYS find Tank Builds, Offtank Builds, Support Builds, etc.), or if they have not created the right (no offenses, please '-'), or if I did not think the real her potential.
But whatever, I created this build after three weeks trying to find a long comforting to build for her. I hope all my effort has not been in vain e.e
and another thing, unlike my other builds, this will be made in details (I usually have to do rush things).
PS: After reading my build, you will find that this is a DPS build, but since I do not think so, let's take a new name for it: semi-DPS or Stealer DPS (Well, atk speed and lifesteal are allies, isn't it?
Pros / Cons
+ Natural Tenacity with Ionian Fervor
+ Natural Healing with Hiten Style: Passive
+ She's good with everything (Atk, AP, etc.)
+ Great Hunter :D
- Squishy early
- Needs items to be useful
- If you slip up early, give up.
- Needs middle lane (or top in a 3x3)
Ionian Fervor: Great passive, Natural Tenacity when nearby enemy champions (how much more enemies, better!).
Bladesurge: Irelia dashes forward her target, dealing damage and... If the target dies, she refreshes Bladesurge's cooldown and refunds mana. This skill is very good combinated with Equilibrium Strike, and even better when used to kill runaway :D.
- Do you need mana? Kill a minion with Bladesurge!
- Do you need Money/EXP? Kill weak monsters with Bladesurge!
- Do you need help with runaways? Dashes with Bladesurge and finish him with Equilibrium Strike!
Hiten Style: When activated, deals true damage on each attack for 6 seconds. And heals Irelia when the skill aren't activated. This skill is very helpful for her (you won't need to keep going back to heal) and very helpful for hunting/jungling.
- Hiten Style: Passive with lifesteal can heal her A LOT! :D
- Use Hiten Style to kill those enemies that are hiding near the turret faster.
- DO NOT ACTIVATE Hiten Style TO DESTROY BUILDINGS, THE TRUE DAMAGE DOESNT AFFECT BUILDINGS!!!!
Equilibrium Strike: I love this skill. Irelia deals magical damage and slows the opponent by 60% for 2 seconds. If the target has more HP than you, You'll stun instead slows it.
- Equilibrium Strike has a low range. Make sure that it will kill the enemy.
- A Combo with Bladesurge and Equilibrium Strike is very welcome!
- Know how to use it, but can be fatal.
Transcendent Blades: Great ultimate, gives to you 4 swords that you can shoot one by one, dealing damage and healing Irelia. Very good to hunt enemys and kill champions with minions arround them.
- Pretend to be running away as he throws the sword, the enemy will think you are giving so ... kill him!
- If you could not kill the runaway, do not worry, use the rest of the Transcendent Blades to kill near minions!
- Know how to use Transcendent Blades, focus on where the enemy will be if he's running, otherwise, focus on the place that hits a lot of minions and the enemy.
Why start with Equilibrium Strike? Because in the beginning this is your best skill, as well as causing damage magic it slows/stuns the enemy.
Probably when you reach level 2, you must return to base to heal/buy more items. So Hiten Style at the beginning can help you to heal without having to return.
Yeah! Level 3! After After getting Bladesurge, you can hunt your opponents mercilessly with Bladesurge + Equilibrium Strike combo.
Blah Blah Blah! Level 6. When you get your Transcendent Blades, runaway will not have any mercy.
You'll need to evolve Hiten Style first because this skill helps you anytime. Bladesurge will deal A LOT of damage with armor penetration itens, giving to you another chance to kill the enemy.
Exhaust: Very helpful if you are trying to catch a runaway.
Ignite: I only use this spell to help Irelia early in the game (to be more specific, until level 6). But if you do not want to use, fine. any other place of their choice.
Heal: I don't like to use it for Irelia, because she already has a natural healing.
Ghost and Flash: Great summoner spell, you can run/teleport with them. Another great option!
Clarity: I do not recommend this SS, but if you have problems with mana, use it or buy some Mana Potions from time to time
Rally and Fortify: Well, my Irelia isn't a tanker/AP, so... what? '-'
Revive: I do not like waiting to revive, but ... waste an SS with this? '-'
Clairvoyance, Smite and Teleport: No coments.
- greater quintessence of desolation and greater mark of desolation: Well, you must be wondering, why armor penetration? One of my tests with these three weeks was the use of armor penetration for her. And the result: Great! Bladesurge and Transcendent Blades deal almost true damage! (With the runes and items, Irelia penetrates 40% in enemy's armor + 64,93 Extra penetration :B)
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction: Cooldown reduction? That's new. With these runes and items all Irelia's skills will have a great cooldown, like 3 Seconds Bladesurge.
- Greater Seal of Attack Speed: Attack speed. I'll tell you what? This is a semi-DPS build, If didn't have that rune, it wouldn't be a semi-DPS build. And Hiten Style with Attack Speed will deal true damage until the day I die :B.
Classic 21/0/9 build, used for champions like Master Yi, Gangplank or Tryndamere.
x3: Critical Strike increased, very good complemented with phantom dancers :D
Cripple x1: Only to improve Exhaust
Sorcery x4: Cooldown decreased, it's not a big deal, but... Complemented with runes and items, Bladesurge and Transcendent Blades will be great!
Alacrity x3: Basic DPS Mastery. If you want, remove 1 Point from Sorcery and put here.
Sunder x3, Brute Force x3 and Havoc x1: Extra Physical and Magical damage and... Armor Penetration.
Stark's Fervor: 40% Attack Speed, 20% Lifesteal, 30 health regen per 5 seconds and reduces enemy's armor by 20. In my opinion, Zeke's Harbinger is the best item to start the game. Gives to you a lot of Attack Speed and Lifesteal, that will help Hiten Style to evolve.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity: 15% Cooldown reduction and Movment Speed 2. Boots manufactured in Ionia, these boots are perfect for Irelia, because decreases all cooldowns for her. And of course, speed '-'.
Last Whisper: 40 Attack Damage and +40% Armor penetration. If you got here, great. this means that you do not coils at the beginning of the game. Last Whisper will increase the damage of Bladesurge and especially Transcendent Blades.
Youmuu's Ghostblade: 30 Attack damage, 15 Critical Chance, 15% Cooldown Reduction, +20 Armor penetration, etc.This item is the mother-of-all Irelia's skills, because this item gives Danage, Critical Chance, everything! Please, dont switch it.
Hextech Gunblade: 60 Damage, 75 Ability Power, 20% Lifesteal and 25% Spell Vamp. Do I need to say something? With this item your normal attacks will heal Irelia by 85 per attack(approximately).
Phantom Dancer: 55% Attack Speed, 30% Critical Chance and 15% Movement Speed. Great Final item, isn't necessary to speak on this item, everyone already knows the damage caused by Phantom Dancer.
- Tiamat can switch Last Whisper if you like AoE damage instead Armor penetration.
- The Black Cleaver can switch Last Whisper too, it has almost the same effect is only slightly more expensive.
- The Bloodthirster can switch Hextech Gunblade if you don't want an neutral item in this build.
- Infinity Edge or The Black Cleaver can switch Phantom Dancer.
If you have problems with Mana, buy some Mana Potion to stop it.
This is it.
Finally I could finish it '-'. I hope you enjoy it.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.