Rammus Build Guide by Corvux
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
Threats & Synergies
The cute emo guy it's a full tank that have an awesome CC, also he will make you more vulnerable to magic attacks because part of that damage will become real damage.
She will break your armor in no time. So this is a big no no.
This tank have a lot of CC and a lot off sustain, also he can just appear from nowere. Pay attention to the map!
With the "Ravenous Hunter" rune he will not represent a big deal because you are healing yourself too, as long as you use your W, Defensive Ball Curl.
Rammus is natural counter of Yi, even do keep an eye on him.
This old guy will give you extra speed which is perfect for your Q, Powerball, to initiates a fight using all your CC and when the opponent think it's over... They realize you are immortal thanks to his ulti.
Lulu will increase you movement speed, she will heal you and decrease your enemies movement speed; Creating the perfect opportunity for you to use your ulti and smash everyone and everything.
He will take care of you with extra shields and invulnerability if you want to push for real.
This angel will heal you and she will give you extra movement speed during combat; And if the situation gets harder she will make you immune to any damage.
Even the biggest juggernaut may need some help against some mosquitoes. No matter were he is he will come with an extra shield for you and he will take care of that.
Two juggernauts fighting back to back, he will heal you and put a shield on you so you will not fall down.
Champion Build Guide
Top 5 Rammus Pros:
2. Powerful CC effects.
3. Excellent against turrets.
4. Fast jungle clearing since early game.
5. Perfect to engage.
|Mandatory if you are the jungler. Now we are pointing to the Chilling Smite . Why? This makes an excellent synergy with Cheap Shot rune and it's the best one for Rammus ganks.|
|This is the most useful spell. For better positioning in teamfights, good ganks by dodging something, for escaping and nice tricks.|
|> > >||OK, let's start with the basics, the first 3 levels, we need Defensive Ball Curl to clean jungle fast. Then Powerball to make good early ganks and some extra dmg. And at last but not least Frenzying Taunt to ensure kills, get more attack speed and if you didn't know it, make some extra dmg to monsters.|
Then we max Frenzying Taunt to increase Rammus attack speed while we got the enemy controlled using just basic attacks for more time. And finally max Defensive Ball Curl, what I usually do is: instead of picking Frenzying Taunt at level 13 I raise one more lvl of Defensive Ball Curl to get more balance, but it's something that goes according to situation as well.
Of course, don't forget to raise Tremors everytime you can!
2. At lvl 2 raise Powerball and then run to the other camp Red Buff or Crimson Raptor , the one that is left.
3. Now head to the Rift Scuttler and use your Smite on it. You should be full of heal now again, so look for potential close line ganks. Remember: It's not about the kill, it's about to create an opportunity for your liners to get a good chance of farming better. If the enemy use Flash and/or have to go back it's perfect!
4. At lvl 3 raise Frenzying Taunt then go to the other Rift Scuttler to get some vision and heal, also try to reach lvl 4 by getting Greater Murk Wolf camp, Blue Buff and Gromp .
5. Now you should have $1250 in your pocket and lvl 4. Look for a potential gank if you want and go back after that or go back immediately to buy your first back items!
- Why Start with Hunter's Talisman + Health Potion + Control Ward?
Simple, mana sustain as long as you are in the jungle.
With the Ravenous Hunter + Defensive Ball Curl combo you have all the sustain you need to clear the jungle and you save $100 for the Control Ward.
You will setup this on the mid brush. This way the MID liner will have more vision and you can keep an eye on him/her to make a counter gank if is need it. You welcome MID!
- Why Zz'Rot Portal instead Abyssal Mask?
2. Full Sustain
3. Line Presure
- Main boots: Mercury's Treads VS Ninja Tabi
So let's start by checking the top 3 pros and benefits on Rammus aside of the +45 flat movement speed of course:
Ninja Tabi pros and unique benefits:
2. Armor Synergy Ravenous Hunter + Defensive Ball Curl combo that increase you sustain in team fights.
3. Reduce 12% of basic attacks and stacks.
Perfect to mitigate AD and Critical dmg. Some good and common examples to counter: Master Yi, Tryndamere, Camille, Warwick and Miss Fortune. Tip: Taunt other champions with Frenzying Taunt to get the full potential of the Ninja Tabi passive.
Mercury's Treads pros and unique benefits:
2. More CC Resist
3. brings the perfect balance that help you to be in almost any situation since early game with the Unflinching combo.
TIP: Learn to keep an eye on the items that the other team have aswell to identify what they are about to build so you can counter with something else on time.
Identify the RED CODE threats for you and the team first.
- Need dual resist? Oh hi Gargoyle Stoneplate!
|AFTERSHOCK: For 2.5 sec. will create a powerfull combo thans to Rammus pasive Spiked Shell and Defensive Ball Curl ability creating excelent oportunities to iniciate a team fight and tank as much as you can with some extra CC.|
|DEMOLISH: This rune is very good to push lines fast and get some extra money specially in early game while you melt the towers.|
|CONDITIONING: The synegy that have this rune with Rammus passive Spiked Shell and Defensive Ball Curl will make him an unstopable juggernaut in no time.|
|UNFLINCHING: Let's keep it simple, Rammus needs to go in and out quick, OK? So you need to have as much tenacity and slow resistance as can.|
|CHEAP SHOT: Rammus is one of the few chosen ones to have an ability that taunt, Frenzying Taunt, if you combine that and abilities like Tremors and the Chilling Smite with this rune you will make a lot of extra damage.|
|RAVENOUS HUNTER: This rune creates fabulous synergy combos with my good friend Rammus. If you use Defensive Ball Curl you get a lot of sustain, specially cleaning jungle in early game, like the Crimson Raptor camp or when you are in a middle of a team fight and you use Tremors.|
I will be updating this guide anytime if I find something useful, any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated!
This was Corvux. Follow the rabbit...