Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Ashe Guide

Creator: jhoijhoi May 20, 2011 8:11am
119 posts - page 10 of 12
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:58pm | Report
What's your stand on sticking an Aegis on Ashe so she's a bit beefier?

(This is something I was considering trying)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:11pm | Report
I know you aren't asking me, but I wouldn't. It slows down the build too much for a carry, and since it's an aura item it's best picked up by some one more supportive, like a tank or support.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:23pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Psi: The whole Wriggles thing is about 3 champions getting it to get Dragon/Baron in record time/early game.

Well having 5 smites on a team does that too but that doesn't mean it's viable. Wouldn't that gold be better spent on damage items? You wouldn't lose that much monster-killing time if you just picked up a B. F. sword and another damage item. Though a quick Madred's Razors could be useful if you planned on getting bloodrazor for late game. I just think wriggles is better suited to tanky dps.

Quoted:

Exhaust is more about the damage reduction than about slowing the enemy. I wouldn't take Exhaust just for the slow o.O

Well I wouldn't get Rod of Ages just for the mana (well, ryze and singed, but usually not), but it's still a wasted stat on say, Akali. Wasted stats suck. Since you don't need Exhaust to secure kills aggressively (you have a slow), it's only uses would be dueling another AD champ or shutting some one down in a team fight. Ashe is a pretty sucky dueler, so the main point of getting exhaust would be for a Tryndamere or Fiddlesticks in a team fight. If this spell is necessary, some one else on your team should pick it up. Carries need to survive, and ghost will help you do that better. I know exhaust would be helpful, but ghost is still better imo.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2011 9:45am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I know you aren't asking me, but I wouldn't. It slows down the build too much for a carry, and since it's an aura item it's best picked up by some one more supportive, like a tank or support.

I was asking anyone who would answer.

The main idea behind getting it was that it is an extremely cost effective item. It gives you a nice bit of durablity, and still give you a little damage. Almost everyone builds at least one defensive item on Ashe. Why not try one that gives you damage too?

You don't need to build it first, you can just grab one of the portions (the defense that will be the most useful) and then finish it after you have your IE and LW.

Just some random theory crafting in th middle of a guide discussion...sorry guys!
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 8:28am | Report
I think boots of speed is a lot better option cuz of the fact that u build ashe as a glass cannon. If she gets cc'd it's simply game over. Merc's wont save ur ***. Boots of speed enables u to position urself better and helps avoiding getting closed in.
Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the astonishing sig.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 8:49am | Report
I do miss playing with Boots of Speed, but the last time I bought them was around level 28 ^^ And that was like... February this year.

Nameless: Not on Ashe, but on tanky dps, that would be awesome. My last game as Vayne I was up against Talon who was raping, so I bought Chain Vest. Then this Mordekaiser ulted me and with the ult alone got me down to 1/3rd health.

So I bought Negatron Cloak. I went, "K, Imma tanky dps Vayne" and finished Atma's Impaler and Banshee's Veil. Game ended before I could build a Frozen Mallet, and I think an early Aegis on any tanky dps could a be a good thing :)

Psi: ^^ Don't worry, I haven't followed that Wriggles meta, and I think it has already come and gone. In terms of Exhaust - I do use it on Vayne. It is extremely satisfying to shut down the enemy carry and own them.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 2:26pm | Report
tanky dps ashe is really fun actually.

Frozen Mallet, Atma's, IE. SUPA SLOW. Get some PD's and just go trolololol as they run after you.

Akali chasing you? FROZEN MALLET!
Poppy Chasing you? FROZEN MALLET!
SINGED CHASING YOU? GTFO CAUSE FROZEN MALLET DOES **** TO HIM, YOU NEED 4 PD's TOO

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 2:44pm | Report
Metagolem works on Vayne because of her true damage. But Ashe? No way in hell..
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 7:16pm | Report
A lot of people feel Exhaust is better then Ghost in the late game.

Let's you shut down the enemy carry, or focus down specific targets.

If you have a reliable team, Ghost is definitely inferior when it comes to teamwork or duels.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2016 6:32am | Report
So, as Vapora has so nicely pointed out, my Ashe guide is sitting on -4 scout points, actually making it literally (according to the scouts on MobaFire), the worst guide here. In fact, my Ashe guide is so bad that it needs +6 scout points for a chance to be featured. That's a f*cktonne when you consider that there are probably 6 active scouts, which means I'd need the entire majority of the scouts to +1 my guide :3

Which leads me to this thread... If you're willing to help my Ashe guide become worthy of the #1 spot that it currently holds, feel free to comment below your thoughts and opinions. I'm looking for discussion about Essence Reaver and Infinity Edge being in the same build and what the build order would be and why if you're an advocate. And if there is anything else you'd like to point out, feel free!

Not focusing on the guide writing for now, just the cheat sheet.

Summoners: +
Mastery Tree Set: 18/12/0, Keystone
Runes: Attack Speed Quints, Attack Damage Marks, Armour Seals, Flat Magic Resist Glyphs
Skilling Order: > > >
Items: Spawn > / Core > / Build >
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide