This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Teemo Build Guide by krishtNA
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Choose Champion Build:
[Satan goes TOP]SemiAP OnHit
Teemo Jungle [Doesnt work like
Support Satan [BOT]
Satan will Tank[TOP]
Threats & Synergies
Poke him from distance . Blind him if he comes to 1v1 . Dont 1v1 post 6 if his Ult is up .
Matchup can go both way . Keep his shield down . Dont let him all in you at early levels . Dodge his Tornado and try to maintain distance . Note that he can Q to a low HP minions and hit his Tornado on you . Be careful you can be outplayed.
This is Nightmare.Change Lanes.Best hope is to get your levels and hug the your tower till teamfight phase.
Pretty Much Easy Pre-6 , Blind her and Engage. Post 6 Dont engage unless you are 200% sure or she will burst you down. Place Shroom in her shroud/ Pink Ward
Hard Matchup . Dont waste mana Shrooming the lane , he can destroy them easily
You can still win the lane Has high magic resistance and Shield. Make sure he used his shield then engage. Also has retarded Mobility and Mana Sustain
Rush MS Boots and keep poking him . Dont let him heal of his Axe
Poke from distance , take ignite and start Boots
Start Boots + Pots . Do NOT let him get near you . Play hyper aggressive . Start Zhonyas
Don't let him farm or he will destroy you.Be very aggresive and punish him as you Q will negate the extra DMG from his Q Be aggressive
You are really Squishy early game . Do not engage or even try and poke Brand . Rush Gunblade for sustain
Easy matchup , Avoid his Stun and you are good
Dodge his Q and you are good . Post -6 be EXTREMELY CAREFUL . If he could land 1 Q on you , then you are dead .
Poke him down , dont let him flip you
Get a Morellonomicon after Liandry's
He has a great amount of sustain. Mana Hungry so take advantage if he is spamming his Q Never tower dive him.NEVER
Has good CC with his Pillar Of Ice Kite , Dodge and poke
A Knock Up and a Clone Mechanism ? Get Ignite and blind before he Knocks you up .
High DPS , Play safe. Post-6 , He counter you in everyway
TONS of CC. You will get CC'ed so hard if he is a good Nautilus player.Take Cleanse
Pink Ward if he disappears, dont run away he will deal more damage to you Try to stand and fight without backing off
Poke and Play safe. She will stun combo and then do the rest of the work. Get behind minions so when she comes at you , minions also attack her.
Punish when in mega Form. Dodge Boomerangs
Same as Vladimir Dont 1v1 to death , his passive will revive him.
Kite and Poke. Beware of the CC and passive
Yo-ho-ho He will eat oranges and be K. Make sure his oranges are down , then blind and then engage
Poke her down. Her Tentacles>Illaoi Herself. Kill the Tentacles first always as they spawn. Rush Zhonyas
Stick within your minion wave so he cant Q you . If the Lee Sin is really good then stay safe .
You can zone him very well early game . Post 6 he can just all in with Ult and can easily kill you .
Do not try and poke her . Be very passive and dont engage when so ever . She has superior sustain and easy all in's .
Keep on poking him and when you see him use his E , you blind him right before he knocks you back . I'd suggest getting Zhonya's to prevent E->R all-ins
Poke him down pre -6 . Post 6 dont engage on him unless your fed and are levels ahead of Yi . DO NOT UNDERSTIMATE his ult late game. If he has QSS up , dont engage unless you are 200% sure you can win.
Poke him whenever you can . Never use your Q on him for poke . He has some sustain and BE CAREFUL of the E->W->Q all-in . It can be devestating .If you can Q his Q you can prevent the knockup . Again , DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE late game . Late game Teemo doesnt stand a chance against Xin (Unless you build some armor and HP and you know Kiting on top of all that)
Nightmare lane depending on whether you can dodge his shurikens . You NEED to dodge the shurikens . Stay active on your feet and dont stay near his shadows (even if it means losing farm). Because , even if you are 50% HP a a good Zed can Ult you and you'd be dead before you know it .
Dodge all of his Q's . Keep kiting him and poking him . Dont let him in a position where he can engage @ full hp . Remember If he ults you , you cant kite
Easy lane . Poke when her shield is down , position yourself so u dont get stunned by her E
Threats & Synergies
Beware of his hook. Ask your ADC to get behind minions Flash in front of hook if you are sure it will hit your ADC to save his life
Has a Magic shield that prevents CC. Make sure that its on cooldown before engaging. Also has a snare , beware
Outranges you , has a snare after which she will ult your ADC. Fall behind atleast 2 minions when snare is of cooldown. Positioning is important
His Q can stun you and Ult is also pretty annoying. If he uses his Q , then they will be engaging so Blind their ADC during this to keep you ADC safe
STUNS STUNS STUNS Everywhere. Click her to see whether her next spell will stun.If she stuns your ADC its over.
So much goddamn heals , but thanks to this build we are getting a Morellonomicon that should apply grievous wounds
Has a knock-up and is also tanky Beware
His hook is not as powerful as Blitzcrank's but his Ult is pretty much a lockdown to you and your ADC.
Her heal is not that OP but her Q can deal some damage and her E can slow. Be careful of Ult stun
Who am I and what is this ??
2. Pros & Cons
What are the Pro's and Con's of playing Teemo ?
How to teamfight with Teemo
Locations for placing shrooms
5. Shroom Baits
Clever Usage of Shrooms and Baits
6. Controlling Tilt / Manipulating
Reducing tilt and using your opponent's tilt to your advantage
Summary of the guide
Hello my name is krishtNA and im another one of those Teemo lovers out there (Not in the enemy team T_T ) and Teemo was my first main and will always be my favorite.
I play at Garena (Pfft...) and you may catch me playing some normals as im always testing new builds.
Enough said about me ,
This Teemo guide focuses a lot on the build and less on the skill (Since Teemo is just easy to play and doesn't have much of combo's or such. You Blind + Shroom + Auto and you wreck people)
PS:The items/build guide is no longer accurate(since I have stopped playing LoL). You can however learn a lot of stuff from this guide on playing Teemo. Only the builds,items and masteries are outdated not his playstyle. I for one believe that Teemo's play style wont change no matter what change they do to him .
If you want a thorough Teemo guide check this one out, in my opinion its an awesome guide and covers Teemo from all aspects(and better than mine !) :
Sovereign Kitten's Guide
+ Extremely Effective On-Hit Build with insane sustain
+ Shrooms are good for health.
+ Insane Map Control with shrooms
+ Has a Global Taunt can be used to bait towards shrooms
- Squishy early game
- Requires some knowledge and skill on Kiting , Poking and Zoning
- Has a Global Taunt that can lead to level 1 cheese ganks from the enemy jungler
- No real escape mechanism (W is not so OP)
- Can be CC'ed real hard
CamouflageCamouflage : You turn invisible
This passive is a tricky one to use. You can use this to escape ganks and cheese kill junglers in their camps.It gives you up to 80% AS on coming out of invisiblity which can really be used to surprise - assassinate people
Blinding Dart : Makes the enemy miss their AA's
The blinding dart allows you to turn the tides of the battle . It makes champions like Master Yi and Tryndamere useless lategame for 2.5s . If used precisely , it can be used to win 1v1 battles early game . It also resets your AA timer
Move Quick : Well , its called Move Quick :/
Grants % Movement Speed passively until taking Champion or Turret Damage . When activated gives 2x % Movement Speed for 3 seconds . This skill is powerful late game allowing you to escape fights and chase enemies down . The passive is a huge bonus but you need to avoid getting damaged to not lose it .
Toxic Shot : Adds a DOT to your AAs
This ability is the reason why most toplaners (Fk u pantheon) are afraid of Teemo . It applies a DOT that deals damage and provides exceptional harass early game . Late game it might just be enough to kill enemies escaping with a sliver of HP
Noxious Trap : Satanic Shrooms
I dont think there is any expalantion I need to give about this ability . Im pretty sure all of us have died walking over a Shroom while escaping . These traps or shrooms give so much map control for Teemo allowing him to control Epic Monsters like Dragon , Baron and Rift Herald . It can also be used to protect yourself from ganks by shrooming the lane entrance .
Note : If you do plan on playing support your ADC might flame you as he "might" have had some bad experiences AGAINST a Teemo. So you have to do your best.
Why play Support Teemo ?
- Well its simple , Teemo has a BLIND with him that completely shutdowns ADC's and post 6 he has shroom's that give so much Vision through out the game.
How to play support Teemo
- Don't just spam your Q on the enemy ADC , wait for the right moment and Q when you want to engage.
- Shroom all entrances to you lane first so you can ensure that ganking becomes hard.
- Now with this setup , we have 45% CDR and 290 AP. This means you get a mushroom every 11 seconds that deal 600 DMG (at max rank ) a.k.a an exploding ward that stays for 5 mins EVERY 11 secs . This is the key to getting Vision on almost the whole map . On top of this your blind is a 2.5s CC and goes on a 4.4s cooldown !
Another important matter is that through out the laning phase you will have to poke the enemy down so as to get gold from you Frost Queen's Claim
Some people say Teemo is useless in team fights but with the Runaan's Hurricane and Hextech Gunblade , You now can focus multiple targets apart from blinding the adc and also have some sustain .
With this AP build carrying hard as Teemo is no problem
Although there are a few things that you can also do in teamfights
- You can shroom the lane of the team fight so your team mates can escape safely after a team fight.
- You can try to throw or bounce a shroom into the enemy team if they stick together
- If they are pushing as a team , shroom the sides of the lanes
For "Only Blue Team" shrooms, that indicates you are pushing out as blue team and spending time on their side of the map. If instead you are defending more as blue team (purple is in your jungle), use the "Only Purple Team" shroom setup instead.
All credits goes to EV UTDZac for making this map.
PS:Only for beginners who dont know where to shroom.
The more shrooms you have one the map , the more you can lure your opponents into.
If your opponent is smart he will not chase you but if he is raging / underestimates you , just lure him into some shrooms turn back and Q and AA and there you go another kill.
If your team has an inhibitor that is not destroyed and you know that the enemy team is pushing to come and get it , You can Shroom near the inhibitor(3-5 shrooms) and go INVISIBLE.Once they step on it they will lose chunks of their HP , then you pop out and start attacking them and get some kills.
Please do note that you may lose the inhibitor in this process
Base Defense Lure
If the enemy team is pushing down a lane where the inhibitor has been destroyed and is hoping to end the game , Shroom the entrance to the base and go invisible in the entrance . When the Tanks , Bruisers and Supports etc of the enemy team go in the frontline and engage , the ADC stays at the backline (which happens to be near the entrance where you went invisibly) and dishes out damage on your team . During this period of time , you get out of camouflage and kill the ADC down with AA-Q-AA-AA-... along with Hextech Gunblade .
Your team thus receives a major advantage and will win the teamfight .
Pink Ward Lure
Place a pink ward at the border of the bush in such a way that the ward is not inside but its outside the bush but on the border and Shroom heavily around the ward and go invisible inside the bush.
When a enemy sees the ward , he will try to destroy it and will go near it but then boom your shrooms explode and you can pop out and kill him.
Please do note that you have to predict your opponents movements / bait him.
Also note that this trick may not work more than once.
This trick is also useless against ranged champion T_T
Dealing with Gap Closers
Are you annoyed by blinks and gap closers ?
Feel annoyed when that Lee Sin Q's you and gets back to safety without getting hit ?.
To counter this , you will have to shroom the place you are standing in so that when they reach you , they get rekt by the shrooms.
Repeat this 3-5 times and from then on , they will think there is a shroom at your location and wont blink to you thinking there is a mushroom at that location.
Tilt is something common among st almost all LoL players .Everyone gets tilted in a while.
In my opinion ,tilt only pulls you down more as it clouds your ability to think .Remaining tilted will help nobody but the enemy .Do not blame anyone or any event and minimize the tilt no matter what happens .
If you want to play LoL ,you need to keep on thinking logically to bring on the maximum out of the situation(whether losing or winning) you are in .
How to deal with Tilt ?
- Meditate (No seriously ,it helps a LOT when trying to concentrate. If you are going to do meditation ,do it properly .Just closing your eyes and thinking about LoL will not help you )
- Play a different gametype/game, do something fun that will help you forget about what you are tilted until you are ready to dive back in.
- Play with a friend
- Get off your computer; watch TV, sit outside for a bit, eat something and take your mind of LoL.
- Take a nap .
- Exercise. Probably the best way. You’ll feel great about yourself, and it will take your mind off of League for a bit. Even if it’s only for a few minutes it will work .
- Literally anything besides playing League will also help .
- Keep your team together ,do not let them fight . If A calls B a noob , remind A that he too was once a noob and B is also learning the game.Applies to you too.If someone actually better than you calls you a noob ,accept it (it will be hard to accept it,however it is worth it) remind him that he too was once a noob and did not magically turn into a good player .
Using tilt* as a weapon ?
*The enemy's tilt
- If tilting is bad ,letting your opponent know that you are tilted is the worst .
- If your opponent is making stupid or unreasonable decisions then you your opponent might is tilted .
- If your opponent whines about his (or) her teammates ,it is a clear indication of tilt .
- To make your opponent more tilted ,use taunts and laughs(more effective on teemo than any other champion) and sometimes chat taunts .
- Inducing tilt in your opponents will enable you to lure them into your shrooms more easily.They wont think and will step into any trap that you have planned in advance .
Playing it dirty ?
/all chat is the key here
This part might be against the ethics of many people but it is very effective .
Stirring up fights in the enemy team can help you in unimaginable ways .
- Finding the victim is the first part of this process .The victim is someone who is usually tilted .
- The perfect victims are players who uses /all chat to blame their teammates and to justify that they are better and are being pulled down by their teammates .
- You can stir up fights by pointing out mistakes the enemy team makes .Eg :Pointing out mistakes made by the enemy support to a tilted adc who is tilted(or) feeding will turn the
adc into a perfect victim .
- Stirring up fights within the enemy team will make more players tilted .
- Try your best to manipulate the enemy team in any way possible given the opportunity .
Teemo is one of the champions out there who is flexible enought to play at any lane.
Some people think Teemo is toxic but Teemo is fun to play.
If you are fed as Teemo and you know to shroom effectively then there is pretty much no way the enemy team can win.
NOTE:Don't Always stick to this build , sometimes you have to modify the build accordingly to your lane match-ups