Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ezreal: AD, AP, or Hybrid?

Creator: Delandel March 6, 2011 10:56am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 9:46am | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

the AD really isn't worth it compared to something like a Zhonya's Hourglass with more AP (120% scaling on his Q with Lich Bane) and better defensive value.

Even if I consider the active and life steal and spell vamp to be better than 50armor and the stasis, let's say that they cancel each-other out.
Hourglass will deal 130AP*1.2=156 more damage on your Q and 117 more on your ult.
Gunblade will deal 97.5AP*1.2+60AD*1.1=183 more damage on your Q and 147.75 more on your ult.
(I assume that you have a Deathcap)
Gunblade is really superior in in terms of offensive capabilities.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 9:51am | Report
But if you're going AP, the values of Essence Flux and Arcane Shift are also primary focuses for damage output.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 10:07am | Report
Ezreal's Q and R will always be his main sources of damage.

Hourglass has this damage in comparison:
Q -27
W +24.375
E +22.75
R -30.75

Gunblade is superior in offensive capabilities.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 6:58pm | Report
Gonna go try out the new Ezreal tomorrow, I'll let you guys know what I think. Right now I will try a build similar to this...

Ghost & Flash
15/0/15

ArP marks
mana regen seals
MR per lvl glyphs
AD quints

item build:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/item-purchase-planner#&item=24-1-24-92-82-55-104-60-76-63-48
Ezrea1
<Member>
Ezrea1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:07am | Report
Call me a ****** or whatever but I don't see how building hybrid works. you go either AD or AP. either way does boatloads of damage. going both ways kind of....feels like I'm missing out on a lot of potential on either side. I mean, even with kayle, it's like mostly attack speed + AP. Personally, I'd play AD just because with that +75% atk speed you and master yi a tower, minion wave, enemy, whatever. AP have a lot of burst damage with is pretty awesome for ganking and quick fights. With hybrid, it doesn't FEEL like it can burst as well as DPS. It's like you can't DPS as hard as AD or burst as much as AP. But then again with this new patch....hybrid is getting more viable. Item wise something like:

catalyst the protector

or something like that....still like full AD better though. ofc sell brut. late game.

EDIT~I think guinsoo is actually pretty legit, 90 something AP when you get full stacks, which isn't hard, just....cast+like 4~5 auto attacks, after fight, ult. seems pretty win.

wRAth is completely awesome and is full of sunshine!!~
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:20am | Report
@Ezrea1
Yes, hybrid is indeed missing out on some benefits.
Stay away from rageblade though. (as mentioned previously in the thread)
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Ezrea1
<Member>
Ezrea1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:38am | Report
@searz
I don't really see any REAL issues with rageblade...I read back over and over only fault I found was how mystic shot doesn't apply 2 stacks anymore.Is that even a real problem against something that gives you 35 AD, 93 AP, 32% atk spd, which is pretty much what this entire build relies on?
But alright I'll take your word for it cuz I don't like doing real math and getting all technical about league and what not. if we we're to replace it, what would we replace it with?

Manamune~imo not a good choice, I mean....Ez can stack this up pretty well but, you can ALWAYS find something better than this unless you need to spam it like corki or urgot.

Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver~this is slightly coming closer to AD domain. if you're going to get these, might as well build full AD

archangel staff or Rod of Ages~again, coming too close to the AP realm this time. but RoA might actually work since it's still an early game item.AA could work but it would be like AP ezreal a LOT and make you stronger later on in game instead of mid game.

another gunblade?~no way bro, game's still early, you need stability items.

idk...I'm tired. sry if I said anything ******ed by mistake.

wRAth is completely awesome and is full of sunshine!!~
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 2:44am | Report
I did mention that attack speed is also not a priority on Ez.

Maybe something like this would suit your tastes.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Ezrea1
<Member>
Ezrea1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 3:00am | Report
that's pretty legit, but why so late tri force? I usually rush that since it gives really good and even stats at the same time. Isn't hybrid Ez about attacking while casting at the same time? so in theory tri-force early boosts his attacking power and hextech boosts casting right?

EDIT~attack speed is a neat thing to have when you have a bloodrazor

<3 Lazukin for the sig ~
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2011 6:05am | Report
I just went 16/1/6 with Ezreal. Don't tell me hybrid doesn't work.

I used to prefer AD until the skill scaling change on the most important skills. Now I can't not play him hybrid. It works well enough for me.

If I wanted to play AD:
If I wanted to play AP:

I kind of still wish he was a healer though.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide