General Guide by GrandmasterD
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
GrandmasterD and Wayne3100 here ready to review your guide on MobaFire! Yes, we stole jhoijhoi's idea and we created a guide about reviewing as well. We may not be the most original people around here but we do our best.
Well what is all this stuff about? We are offering our time to review your guides with only one intention: improving the MobaFire community. So, if you have a guide you would like to have reviewed please make a request in the comments below. However, before you make a request, please check if you fit our requirements:
- You must be able to prove that you know what you are talking about. In other words, you must be summoner level 20 or higher as this means you will have enough experience from our point of view (We will check this on League of Legends if we suspect you are lying but you would not do that, would you?).
- Use the request format given below. Seriously do this, we do not want to decipher all sorts of formats.
- If you ask one of us to review your guide, we expect you to update your guide based on the feedback that we've given. We're reviewing to improve guides, remember.
Now you might ask, "what do you guys want in return?". An excellent question if I might say. Well, we have already said that we do this to improve the community and this is true. However, we would like it if you would at least thank us for reviewing your guide. Also, leaving a comment on one of our guides is greatly appreciated (that is, once Wayne manages to publish his Galio guide). A +Rep is nice, but not a necessity.
Only one thing remains to discuss: the format. The format we would like you to use in your request is the following:
The name of the guide:
The champion or subject it is about:
Why I want this reviewed:
Who I want to review my guide:
The 'Who I want to review my guide' step is completely optional and is just a preference, we cannot guarantee that the person of your choice will review it. For example, asking Wayne to review a guide on Xerath will probably not be an interesting review. He will probably just whine about colour choices and stuff. The same story applies to GrandmasterD and a guide about Vayne. Generally, it would be best to ask Wayne to review a guide about AD carries and support champions, while GrandmasterD would be the better choice for guides about junglers and AP carries.
We almost forget something to mention. When your guide has been reviewed you will get a week to respond to it and two weeks to make some changes. If you cannot live up to these deadlines please PM the reviewer of your guide to make an agreement. After these two weeks, or whatever the deadline may be, we will make changes to our review based on your changes and that will be our final review. This will be the review that we'll use to decide if we will up- or downvote your guide.
GrandmasterD and Wayne3100
How Are We Reviewing?
We have, as everyone else, our own style of reviewing and we think you should know our M.O. First, we have decided to rate the guide at four different criteria:
- Viability - How viable is it to use this build/guide and to apply it in your everyday playstyle? Is the guide truly teaching good things, or is it just harmful?
- Grammar - When talking about grammar we are talking about spelling, chapter order, syntax, etc. We believe that good grammar is a necessity for a good guide. If people cannot read it properly, whats the point of writing the guide in the first place?
- Visual Appearance - Is the guide real eyecandy or do our calculus books look more appealing to us? This is not something that we take heavily into account but we certainly think it is worth mentioning.
- In-Depth - Simply how extensive we think the guide is. Is the guide only providing a single build, or are there more builds to choose from? Maybe there is even a list included that lists viable items or a list of great laning partners.
Of course, not every criterium is of the same importance as the others. Hence, we have assigned a weight to each criterium and this means we calculate the final grade of your guide through the weighted average but more on that later on. Below, you'll see a table that shows the weight that is assigned to each criteria:
The final grade is then calculated as follows:
Grades? What about up/downvotes?Ah yes, of course. MobaFire does not have a grading system but simply a like/dislike system which is convenient for the average user but a very black and white for us reviewers. However, we have gotten to a solution we think that is fair and square:
If our grade is >0.5 lower than the current rating of the guide, we'll downvote!
If our grade is within the margins of 0.5, we will not vote!
It's that simple! As stated earlier, you will get some time to make changes to your guide. We will up- or downvote based on the final review not the first review.
TemplateBelow I have listed the review template we use, take a look at it so you can easily understand your review. Not that its hard to decipher though.
Fizz - Something's Fishy
Well this seemed like an interesting guide when I started reading and I was pleasantly surprised. The build and mastery setup had some minor flaws but are very viable to go with, even in ranked play! The author seems to have quite good skills in the English language but chapter order isn't really logical and the syntax used by the author is sometimes very confusing. However, the guide looked amazing! It is real eyecandy that made me almost forget to read the actual content. The guide is full of icons, colours and images, really beautiful. Something I am less pleased about is the length of the guide. The guide is not very in-depth, it does provide a list of alternative items but that list is very short and does not really help the reader going. This could certainly use some improvement.
The grades in the template are given in the same order as specified in the table (i.e. viability, grammar, visual appearance, in-depth). Hence, the example review given above had an 8 in viability, a 7.5 in grammar, a 9 in visual appearance and a 6 in in-depth.
Well, I guess that is it. Oh wait, some final remarks before you do your request. It is so easy to score some extra points on your review. Below, I have stated a few tips on how to do that.
- Do a grammar/spelling check. This guarantees that you will score at least an 8 in grammar.
- Test your build over and over again. How often do you complete it? Is it not too expensive? And... is it optimal, or are there better items available?
- Make use of basic things such as paragraphs, images, icons and columns to at least get a decent grade in visual appearance.
- Check your guide how you can improve it. For example, is it elaborate enough? Is there an option available for every situation or is it just about one solid build? It is so easy to at least add some extra builds.
- Check jhoijhoi's guide on how to make a guide. It offers a huge amount of tips and tricks, also you can learn by example.
If you can think of any other tips you have for others, please say so in the comments below. Ok, now we are truly done with talking, below we have listed all the guides we have reviewed sorted per champion. Yes, that was a lot of work but we did it.
Now, go forth fellow summoners. Bring joy to us with your requests and let us bring enlightenment to the MobaFire community!
Current Status: Closed
Below you will find a list with all the guides that are currently on our list to be reviewed.
Above you can see the current status of our review shop: open means that you can make a request for a review, closed means that we currently have too many guides waiting to be reviewed and that you currently cannot make a request for a review. This is, because we don't want an endless list of guides as we also want some time to play League of Legends ourselves.
- Rys Aberdeen's Fizz Guide
- MildlyMalicious's Dominion Bottom Lane Guide
- Phoenix0000ff's Twitch Guide
- SirSpankAlot's Skarner Guide
- Keels's Singed Guide
- Golleitrian's Master Yi Guide
- Golleitrian's Taric Guide
- NinjaGinge's Twitch Guide
- FiniteParadox's Cassiopeia Guide
- Wenvarien's Tristana Guide
- FiniteParadox's Skarner Guide
- Ilke994's Cassiopeia Guide
- Siveo's Shen Guide
- Badass Prince Of LOL's Yorick Guide
- M4urice's Garen Guide
- LetsgoROSH's Udyr Guide
- ViscousZeta's Wukong Guide
- FeatJuventus's Dr. Mundo Guide
- 87Alphaone's Jax Guide
- Klarry300's Kog'Maw Guide
- NoobyPower's Tristana Guide
- 6PoolHater's Amumu Guide
- Abarlum's Graves Guide (archived)
- Abarlum's Kassadin Guide (archived)
- Astrolia's Sona Guide (archived)
- Blydden's Ezreal Guide
- Briefcase Bunny's Fizz Guide
- Calibern's Xin Zhao Guide (archived)
- Gabpin's Gangplank Guide
- Glinting's Irelia Guide
- IceCreamy's Janna Guide
- IceCreamy's Caitlyn Guide
- IceCreamy's Lux Guide
- Janitsu's Terminology Guide
- Khazem's Cho'gath Guide
- Rick Rab's Zilean Guide
- Rolighed's Gangplank Guide
- Romboldt's Garen Guide
- RosePhoenix' Renekton Guide
- Rythoka's Amumu Guide
- Soodie's Ryze Guide
- Taneren's Taric Guide
- WayneCore's Nidalee Guide