Hello world! And welcome to my first ever MOBAFire guide! I'm Aster, here in hope of helping you learn more about the one and only Seraphine, "The Starry-Eyed Songstress" and League of Legends!
Why play Seraphine? Seraphine is a mid lane utility mage (a really fun one too!) which excels in dealing high amounts of crowd control and AoE damage at teamfights, while also peeling for your team with her utility! While she is a newer champion, she has definitely (and quickly) become my absolute favorite one!
Who are you, and why should i trust you?!
Like i mentioned before, my name is Asternova, i'm a Seraphine main, i started playing League of Legends frequently on Season 9, and i have been playing Seraphine ever since her release, since then i'm always looking for knowledge order to improve, so today i will try to share some of my experience, mainly about Seraphine, but about mid lane and League in general aswell!
Here is my OP.GG, and League of Graphs if you want more info.
Currently peaked Diamond III on Season 11 playing mostly Seraphine.
This guide was made by my point of view, so if you feel like i missed something or you have a different opinion on anything that you'd like to share, feel free to comment it on the discussion section! Now if you're ready, let's go!
Seraphine ★The Starry-Eyed Songstress★
"Born in Piltover to Zaunite parents, Seraphine can hear the souls of others—the world sings to her, and she sings back. Though these sounds overwhelmed her in her youth, she now draws on them for inspiration, turning the chaos into a symphony. She performs for the sister cities to remind their citizens that they’re not alone, that they’re stronger together, and that, in her eyes, their potential is limitless."
★Color Story & Champion Theme:★
Skins: ★K/DA ALL OUT Seraphine★
★Indie, Rising Star, Superstar★
★Graceful Phoenix Seraphine★
+ Easy for beginners + Good damage/CC output + Game-changing ultimate + Amazing late game + Strong waveclear + Long range spells + Versatile build + Great utility + Really fun to play, and plays music in-game!
Seraphine is a really versatile character, and thanks to all her spells being AoE, she's a beginner friendly champion! Even though early game is her weakest stage, her laning phase is safe because of how she's able to CS and waveclear with efficiency and at range, she also has survivability thanks to her shield from double cast Surround Sound, but with her high scalings, Seraphine gets stronger as the game goes on, powerspiking and outscaling most champions at late game, her strength comes specially in teamfights, since besides having AoE CC, damage, and utility, her ultimate Encore is a game-changing ability with the power of turning the tides of a fight, if you're looking for a powerful teamfighting champion with supportive capabilities, Seraphine is the champion for you.
- Squishy - Immobile - Long cooldowns - Weak early game - Mana problems - Lower damage compared to other mages - Slow projectiles - Weak without allies - Universally hated
Even though her laning phase is safe, it is her worst stage of the game, she has a really low damage output early on, counterpicks, and is forced to farm and play safely the entire lane in order to scale well into late. She is really squishy and has no moblity aside Surround Sound's movement speed buff, making her an easy target. her spells are also really slow and even though she has a good amount of damage, it's not much compared to other mid laners, since Seraphine is supposed to be an utility mage rather than an all out burst focused one. Since her kit stronger with allies, she is considerably weaker when alone (less Notes, less CC to pair with Beat Drop, no extra range on Encore, etc...), so she falls short on splitpushes or 1v1s. Her abilities also have really long cooldowns, explaining why AH is a must stat on her.
* When playing Seraphine, the two best keystones are Summon Aery and Phase Rush. Summon Aery is the best general choice since it procs on AA, damage abilities, and ally focused abilities like Surround Sound, meaning that it synergizes really well with her entire kit. Phase Rush is also an amazing choice for survival, it's movement speed buff helps so you can fly freely around fights, this rune is specially effective if the enemy team has a lot of slows since it grants reduction against them. The reason why i don't consider Arcane Comet as a viable choice is because your main source of poke (Q) is not a form of CC, meaning that Comet is not a guaranteed hit, while Aery is, and once again Summon Aery also procs on AA and peeling abilites (while Comet doesn't, don't use it!!)
* Even though the extra AP from Absolute Focus is quite good for a long range mage like Sera, her cooldowns are really high, so you'll likely make way more use of Transcendence, so this would be my general choice. But if your team has a lot of movement speed buffs, like a Karma or a Kled, Celerity might be a good choice aswell.
* Because Seraphine spikes harder late game, my favorite and your go to rune here is Gathering Storm, this rune takes time to shine, but the amout of power it offers late game specially for a scaling champion is amazing. A more effective early game rune is Scorch, this rune is specially viable against meele or champions Sera outranges, like Neeko, since poking them is easier, but i still wouldn't recommend taking this rune, because again, Seraphine's early game and early kill potential aren't great, so you will make much more use of Gathering Storm. About Waterwalking though, i don't see why you would bring this besides hard roaming, it's very situational, so i would go against using this.
* The best option here is to bring 1 point of ability haste since Seraphine's cooldowns are so long, plus one point of adaptive force, plus a resistance against which laner you're facing, armor against AD champions and MR against AP champions, (KEEP NOTE, EXAMPLE: If you're laning against an AP champion, but his team is full of AD ones, you'll make more use of an armor point instead of MR! And against certain characters it's even worth bringing 2 defense points for survival).
* It's true that you lose a little bit of damage when using Resolve, but this as secondary is AMAZING even on mid lane, the damage reduction from Bone Plating has saved me so many times, and the synergy that Revitalize has with Surround Sound is incredible, i would definitely suggest using against hard assassin matchups like Fizz or Katarina, it helps you survive laning phase, while still being relevant late game.
* Glacial AugmentWAS a good alternative to Sera, since she could get roots/stuns by auto attacking followed by Beat Drop, but most importantly she could do this by using Hextech GLP-800 and Twin Shadows, both of these items were removed, making this rune useless at the moment on all other champions besides Senna, more news about this rune soon, since it'll probably be changed in this current state.
* Flash is a must on Seraphine like on most champions, it gives escape, chase, setup, combo potential, and much, much more. Always use it!
* The best secondary spell for our superstar is definitely Teleport, it gives map pressure, presence, lane dominance, it's good if you got killed early and want to come back to lane without losing any XP and gold or getting an advantage over your lane opponent by returning earlier, and setting the wave as you desire, ganking, pushing a lane and returning to a fight, plus it's really satisfying be able to travel across the map and help your allies win a teamfight by outnumbering enemies, the possibilities are nearly endless! (Even though Teleport's cooldown is long, using Cosmic Insight helps reduce it!).
* If you're looking to survive burst, Barrier is your spell, time it right on high damage enemy abilities to deny as much damage as possible. Barrier works best against bursty enemy champions like Syndra and Zed, specially against their ults Unleashed Power, and Death Mark respectively, Barrier also has a relatively low cooldown, so you'll likely use this more frequently than any other spell in a match, analyze enemy composition, if it's full of assassins, divers, and burst, go for it.
* Ignite is only a spell i would recommend if you're feeling confident enough on early kills to use it. Late-game it loses it's power since you're going to be playing from way too far from this spell's range. Ignite is also really strong against high-healing enemies, but against those you're going to be looking to purchase either Morellonomicon or Chemtech Putrifier anyways.
* Cleanse is a situational, but life-saving spell depending on enemy comp, if the enemies are full of CC like a Sejuani, Ashe, Leona, and laners like Zoe, and Twisted Fate where a single stun can get you killed, this is spell is the best option. Remember this spell also reduces the duration of following CC, so they can't CC chain you effectively, it also clears enemy summoner spell effects, so it's good against Ignite, Exhaust, and Chilling Smite aswell!
* Heal is also a situational option, it's a good spell, the main problem it's that it gets countered by Ignite, now when it's a good option? When you're looking to mainly assist your jungler, and the champion your enemy laner is playing doesn't utilize Ignite on most cases (like a Ziggs, Lux).
Sequence INFO: CLICK HERE
You should always upgrade your abilities in this sequence: -Always put a point on R Encore when possible since it's your ultimate ability. -Max Q High Note first since it's your main source of damage and waveclear. -Max E Beat Drop second as another source of damage and main source of CC. -Max W Surround Sound last since maxing it doesn't do anything besides triplicating the mana cost and decreasing 1 second of the cooldown per level. -Remember that a point on E Beat Drop at level 1 is really good for early trades against melee opponents when they're going for CS, level 1 engages, or invades.
| P | Stage Presence | Note Granting Radius: 800| Auto Radius: 525 base + 25/per note up to 1.025 |
Every third basic ability that Seraphine casts will echo, automatically casting a second time.
Additionally, Seraphine draws inspiration from the music within her allies, creating a note for each nearby ally whenever she casts an ability. For each note, Seraphine's next basic attack gains Attack Range and deals an additional magic damage and consumes the Notes.
-Analyzing the situation to know which ability to double cast is really important since each game is different, but here are some general tips. -Echoed Q High Note is the best option for lane poke, wave clear, a huge source of damage, and executing enemies, since it deals damage based on missing health. - Echoing W Surround Sound gives you a huge shield so it's really good for survival in lane even though the heal is almost useless when Seraphine is by herself, but on teamfights Echoed Surround Sound is amazing, AoE shield and MV Speed are a great source of peel, and late game the more AP you obtained and allies you have around, the heal can be really strong actually (healing around 200-700 health usually!). -Echoing E Beat Drop is your standard form of CC, use it to keep your opponents in place in order to hit the rest of your abilities, to follow up with allied CC for a stun, with your ultimate, etc... Really good for both trading and disengaging.
-When an ally is in range of your passive, an indicator will show beneath their feet and a music will start playing, the more allies, the more Notes, got it? -Each ally can only get 4Notes at a time, including you, so 20Notes max. - The Notes also deal increased minion damage, so they're really good to CS. -Your notes passive is specially strong at teamfights, since by stacking a high amount of them thanks to your nearby allies, you can unleash it on a squishy target to deal a good amount of undodgeable damage from a really, REALLY long distance!
| Q | High Note | Range: 900 | Cooldown: 10 / 8.75 / 7.5 / 6.25 / 5 | Cost: 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 | Seraphine projects a pure note, dealing magic damage, increased by the target's missing Health percentage up to 50% damage below 25% Health.
Q: tips and tricks
- High Note Is your main source of damage, it has a really big hitbox when it spreads out, so use it to poke your lane opponent, it's quite a slow projectile so try predicting where they're going to be. - An easy way to get guaranteed poke (that's also a good tip for other champions as well) is to stay aware of allied low health minions for when your opponent is going to CS, so when he approaches you can get guaranteed damage on them. - High Note deals increased damage to missing Health targets, so use it to finish off enemies, and to farm minions, double cast High Note is your best tool for waveclear, and damage as well.
| W | Surround Sound | Radius: 800 | Cooldown: 26 / 25 / 24 / 23 / 22 | Cost: 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 | Seraphine spurs her nearby allied champions in a song, granting herself decaying Move Speed and a Shield, her allies less Move Speed, and a smaller Shield for 2.5 seconds.
If Seraphine is already Shielded, she calls out to her allies to join her, restoring missing Health to them per nearby ally champion after a 2.5 second delay.
W: TIPS AND TRICKS
- Surround Sound is on a really long cooldown early on, so make sure to use it properly since it's your only defensive ability. -The self shield from Surround Sound is increased for better lane trading and survival, so make sure to use it to negate damage and win trades! -The more allies nearby, the better double cast Surround Sound's heal is, use it on teamfights to peel for your team. -The movement speed granted by Surround Sound is really good for both engage, disengage, and even chasing when you need a little more range so your Notes can finish off an enemy.
| E | Beat Drop | Range: 1300 | Cooldown: 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 | Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 | Seraphine unleashes a heavy soundwave, dealing magic damage to enemies in a line and slowing them by 99% for 1 second.
Enemies that are already Slowed are Rooted instead, and Immobilized enemies are Stunned.
E: TIPS AND TRICKS
- Beat Drop is your main source of CC, use the double cast to initiate trades by keeping your enemies in place to land the rest of your abilities. -Even though without double cast Beat Drop only slows, you can use it to upgrade allied crowd control, and even map generated CC! Baron Nashor's knockup, Red Buff's slow, Ocean Dragon's slow, even Honeyfruit's slow can be upgraded by Seraphine! -When paired with Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Seraphine's Beat Drop instantly roots, and the double cast stuns. -There's a visual indicator of the interaction between Seraphine's Beat Drop on CC affected enemies:
is for enemies that are already slowed and will be rooted when hit by Beat Drop;
is for enemies that are already immobilized and will be stunned when hit by Beat Drop.
| R | Encore | Range: 1200 | Cooldown: 160 / 130 / 100 | Cost: 100 | Seraphine takes the stage, projecting a captivating force that Charms enemies and deals magic damage.
Any champions struck (including allies) become part of the performance, extending the range of this ability. Allied champions gain maximum Notes.
R: TIPS AND TRICKS
- Encore's range is extended with contact with champions, including allies, so use them to get the range to catch enemies. -When ulting, Seraphine stands still for the cast time, making you vulnerable, stay aware of that! -Charm is a immobilizing effect, meaning that hitting enemies with Beat Drop right after Encorestuns them! -On teamfights looking for the right timing to Charm as much enemies as possible with Encore is crucial. Seraphine's ultimate is gamechanging so be patient with it. -Even though it's cooldown is really high, don't be scared to use Encore to get picks or defend yourself if necessary, just be sure to make good use of it!
-A simple poke/trading combo, use this when enemies are overextending or when melee opponents try to CS, really good at level 1.
-Just Seraphine's Eslow makes her combo really easier to hit, use this for better trading, the slow also helps disengaging.
-Same as the previous combo, but double cast E has way more value for being a root rather than just a slow, you'll be looking to perform this combo most of the time, as it's your main form of trading.
-Double cast W is a really strong trading tool after her selfshield was buffed for this purpose, use this combo to not get outraded easily.
-Using Q to distract enemies to get a guaranteed Eslow/root to secure a kill is a good strategy, remember that double cast Q outdamages double cast E, specially if enemies are low on health!
-The video showcased it a bit slower than intended, but W has a really quick cast time of 0.25 seconds, so you can use it when you have 2 echo passive stacks and immediately use double cast E to catch enemies off guard and hit the rest of your combo.
✽All In Combos✽
-Now we get to all in R combos, ulting right after rooting enemies with double cast E is one of your core combos to keep enemies in place in order to secure kills, since this combo CCs for a max 2.75 seconds! Example in game:
-Similar to the previous combo, this one also CCs for 2.75 max, but you start with R follow up with E, and lastly a double cast Q for maximum damage. This is one of your core combos, specially at teamfights where the 3/5 man charm saves the day, here is an example:
-This is a really common tech to catch enemies with a surprise Encore, when using this always flashafter using R, this isn't hard to time, just use it as you hear the loud part of the SFX coming.
-Now, here things get freaky, if you use Flash right after the projectile of Encore comes out, there's a 50/50 chance that it will either: continue it's path even like it's supposed to, OR it will still travel with Seraphine, but INVISIBLE... like... what?? It's really inconsistent, so use the previous combo instead of this one.
-This combo is really straightfoward, just Flash right after pressing Eto catch enemies off guard, this is even more effective when double casted.
-Now, while flashing right after the E sends both projectiles normally, if you flash just a little after casting E, there's a small chance both projectiles will travel together, making it a single projectile root, like shown on the video above (buying Rylai makes so you don't need to do this, but who knows, it helped me once).
- Flash + W is what you do for clutch saves on allies, i'd like to point out that W + FlashDOESN'T WORK, don't waste your flash while letting your ally die like i did, the cast time is way too fast for it:
-One of Seraphine's main tricks, use allies to extend the range of your ultimate to get as much enemies as possible, be careful not to miss though, they also get maximum Notes, be ready for your next Machine gun AA.
-Remember that Rift Scuttler has an armor now, and CC deletes it, your Beat Drop doesn't have an extremely high cooldown early on like Zoe's Sleepy Trouble Bubble, so if your jungler doesn't have any form of early CC like a Lillia as an example, a simple Edouble cast might speed things up for her, playing with teammates is Seraphine's forte!
-If you somehow got your hands on a Red Buff a way to make a good use of it is by auto attacking an enemy and using Beat Drop right after for a free root, since Red Buff slows on auto attacks, kinda like how Glacial Augment (R.I.P. this rune) works.
-A good trick when taking Barrier is to use Surround Sound right afterwards for a free double cast, the amount of times i survived Ignite with 1 HP thanks to the heal of the double cast are too many to count! Note that this combo works with ALL TYPES OF SHIELDS, not only Barrier!
* Tear of the Goddess is amazing against passive laners, or laners with low kill pressure early on since you won't need Doran's Ring's extra HP to survive them, so you can already save 400g by not having to purchase Tear later, and you can already stack faster!
✽Tear of the Goddess✽
* Always aim for this item on your first back if you didn't purchase it as your starter item so you can start stacking it early on and later upgrade it into Archangel's Staff!
* The core item for your mythic item, it gives, mana, AP, and AH, rush it's components when possible if you don't need any kind of early resistances.
* If you're up against AD threats in lane (like Zed, Talon, Lucian, etc...) this item is an early must purchase, it definitely saves lifes while also giving a good amount of AP.
* Buy early boots if you need to get to lane quickly, dodge enemy skillshots, need MS in general, or if you don't have anything else to buy early.
* This is a really good early purchase, the stats it offers are insane when upgraded to Mejai's Soulstealer, get this for the offensive power.
* Get Refillable Potion for lane sustain against high poke/trading opponents if you have some spare gold.
* Vision saves lives, and a Control Ward both gives and removes it. Truly an essential purchase, always get them when possible.
* Liandry's burst damage is insane, specially against tanky/healthy targets, because of both max health damage and magic penetration, it gives a large amount of AP, alongside mana, and alot of AH thanks to it's mythic passive. Go with this as your standard option or against tank compositions.
* Different from Liandry's, Luden's shines against squishy targets thanks to the extra burst damage from it's passive that also gives MS which is great for mobility. It gives a large amount of AP, mana, AH, and specially magic penetration thanks to it's mythic passive. Purchase this when against squishy compositions.
* Everfrost shines most as a defensive item, really good against high engage compositions so you can root them with it's active and disengage freely. Seraphine has a lot of CC on her kit, so this item pairs really well with it for chaining, it's synergy with your E is really strong aswell, since you can use it to root enemies even if you missed the center root or stun them if you landed it correctly! It's mythic passive is also really nice for an extra bit of AP. Go for this item if you want survivability, disengage potential, or utility.
* Archangel's Staff is an amazing item for Seraphine since she tends to waste a lot of mana when her abilities are maxed out. When you have already stacked your early Tear of the Goddess, it upgrades to Seraph's Embrace, becoming even more powerful, it grants mana with how much AP you have and vice versa. Make sure to build this as your second or third item if you needed to rush a defensive item like Zhonya's.
* Cosmic Drive is amazing on Seraphine currently, this item gives a huge amount of AP, health (which is always welcome), and AH the stat that Seraphine needs so much. The passive also allows for more mobility, which is something Seraphine lacks outside of her W Surround Sound's MS. Go for this item right after building Archangel's Staff for an even bigger powerspike.
✽Ionian Boots of Lucidity✽
* This is your standard boot option, it's really strong currently thanks to the huge AH and summoner spell AH it gives for such a cheap price. Go for it as a general boot choice.
* When up against squishy comps these boots are the way to go, the magic penetration it gives is really good for Seraphine to be able to burst them down.
* This is a really good purchase when the enemy composition is full of magic damage or crowd control, and you want a bit more defensive power.
✽Rylai's Crystal Scepter✽
* Rylai's is one of the best items on Seraphine because of the synergy with her E Beat Drop, transforming the slow in a root and the double cast in a stun. Go for this item against high mobility enemies and if you don't need desperately stats like anti-healing or magic penetration.
* Cosmic Drive is an underrated item because of how much burst and healing there is in the game at the moment, but it's not a bed so don't sleep on it! This item gives a huge amount of AP, health which is always welcome, and AH the stat that Seraphine needs so much, the passive also allows for more mobility, which is something Seraphine lacks outside of her W Surround Sound's MS.
* The anti-healing option... for supports! Similar to Morello, after the changes in patch 11.3 this item is amazing for Seraphine, it grants the anti-healing bonus not only for you, but also to allies that you've shielded, meaning that it synergyzes REALLY well with your Surround Sound! You can purchase this item as a more gold efficient option to Morellonomicon, or if your team isn't building Grievous Wounds.
* Zhonya's is an amazing item for mages, currently a lot of assassins and AD champions are really strong so an item like this is vital, the stats are great, it's really cheap, and the life saving active which everybody loves/hates!
* The mage defensive option against magic damage, while it doesn't have Zhonya's Hourglass active, it also does have amazing stats, is really cheap, and the active is really good aswell, specially against characters that can get you killed with one ability, like Zoe's Sleepy Trouble Bubble, Ahri's Charm, Lux's Light Binding, you get the idea. Be careful to not lose the Spell Shield to things like enemy Luden's Tempest passive!
* Rabadon's Deathcap is a mage's dream purchase, since Seraphine's scalings are insane, go for this item if you have a massive early advantage, don't need any special stats and just want AP, or as one of your last items. Remember that this is a really expensive item, but the reward it gives is amazing.
* Things get fun with Lich Bane, this item isn't nearly as viable as it used to be after it's nerfs, but i would suggest trying it out on normals just to have fun with the burst it adds to your notes.
* Demonic Embrace is a legendary version of Liandry's Anguish, and a blessing to have in game, the stats are amazing, the health plus the defensive stats it's passive gives are great for surviving. Double Mask ( Liandry's Anguish + Demonic Embrace) is an essential item combo to destroy tank compositions, build this item when against tanky/healthy compositions.
* Supportive builds with Moonstone Renewer are viable on mid! Make sure to build a Staff of Flowing Water aswell when going with this, so you can get more value from healing your teammates. I would go with this if your team already has way too much AP or if you're really behind early on, so a cheap utility build can get you back in the game faster (but remember that you will lose A LOT of damage with a build like this, make sure your team can compensate your lack of it).
* Similar to Moonstone Renewer, a good option if you want a more supportive playstyle, but still want to be aggressive. This item apllies it's passive when slowing or immobilizing enemies, so always bring Rylai's Crystal Scepter when going with this mythic choice so your Q High Note can apply it aswell.
* Mejai's is a really good item for snowballing since it's stacks grant a lot of AP, i would definitely recommend building it if you have 10 stacks of Dark Seal already and wanna end the game as quickly as possible, you lose a lot of stacks on death though, so play carefully.
✽Staff of Flowing Water✽
* A nice cheap option if you chose to go with a supportive build, this item grants both you and your allies AH and AP, so purchase this if a carry from your team is fed and you want to help them snowball, but at the same time granting buffs to yourself.
* Really similar to Staff of Flowing Water, but for when you need to peel for your AD carries instead, it's passive also works well with your Notes, highly recommend if your team composition consists mainly of AD characters.
* Always purchase this when you have finished your build, or when the game is about to end and you'll make more use of the stats granted by this elixir rather than buying an item component.
* Farsight Alteration is the essential ward for Seraphine, always switch to it when you reach level 9, warding from range is much safer for a squishy long range mage like her.
✽Here you will find detailed info about mid lane matchups as Seraphine! You can find how to deal with the champion you're looking for (or have a quick read before the match starts!), new champions will be added soon after their release. ✽Here's an example of how matchups are displayed:
|✽Seraphine, "the Starry-Eyed Songstress"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: -The first paragraph gives general tips and explanations about how to deal with the champion in question. -The second paragraph explains the runes choices and alternatives. -The third paragraph explains the summoner spells choices and alternatives. -The fourth paragraph explains the counter items choices and alternatives.
|✽Ahri, "the Nine-Tailed Fox"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Disadvantageous |
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: - Ahri gets outranged by Seraphine, so that's your advantage. Remember that Ahri is constantly looking to land Charm to win trades and get kills, so stay aware and dodge it to trade back with your abilities since she doesn't trade well without it early on. At level 6 onwards, she unlocks Spirit Rush, she will likely engage on you with it, the dashes makes it hard to land your skillshots, but she has a small cooldown between them, so that's when it gets easier to punish her. - Domination with Ultimate Hunter is a good choice so your ultimate cooldown can compare to hers, but Inspiration is a good general choice aswell. - Teleport is a good general option. Cleanse is a good against her Charms, but only use it when up against high CC comps. Barrier is also viable as a defensive spell if her team doesn't have enough CC to be worth bringing Cleanse. - Mercury's Treads is an AMAZING choice to minimize her kill potential, go for it if necessary. Banshee's Veil is also a really strong item if she's ahead, the spell shield will save you from any incoming charms.
|✽Akali, "the Rogue Assassin"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Disadvantageous|
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items:|| - Akali is an AP melee assassin that is really strong currently, a few general tips against her would be: poke her from afar, keep your distance so she won't engage on you with Q, don't get too close when she uses her W Twilight Shroud because she could be anywhere, stay aware of her E Shuriken Flip to dodge it. Akali's weakest point is her early game, early levels her Q Five Point Strike has a very high energy cost, she runs out of it after using it twice in a row, so when she tries to get close to hit it, dodge and punish her. Remember that Akali benefits from long trades, so go for quick damage exchanges from a safe distance to win trades against her. Beware of her R, if she engages on you with it, you're likely dead. - Phase Rush is your keystone here since you're looking to survive her. I would go Inspiration since this isn't an easy matchup, but Resolve is really strong here aswell if you're scared of her kill potential. - Barrier is really good when timed well against her R, Exhaust is also a good choice to deny her overall damage, bring TP if you're feeling confident. -Zhonya's is extremely powerful to survive her combo, Banshee's is also really good if her team has a lot of AP. Oblivion Orb is necessary here since she heals a lot, later on you can upgrade it into either Morellonomicon or Chemtech Putrifier.
|✽Akshan, "the Rogue Sentinel"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Disadvantageous|
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: - Akshan is a mid lane ADC with assassin capabilities, what to do against him? Remember that he's limited by his range, you can poke him way easier, but stay back and avoid letting him proc his passive on you, it deals a lot of damage, and the shield it grants will make sure he outtrades you. Get pink wards so you won't get ambushed by his stealth, contest his push so he can't roam without at least losing minions. Don't forget that you can hide behind minions and turrets to dodge his ult. Try to focus him first on teamfights, that way he can't revive his teammates! -Go for Phase Rush if the enemy team has a lot of slows, otherwise, bring Summon Aery. Inspiration is a good secondary, but you can use Resolve if your goal is to survive. - Barrier or Exhaust are good defensive spells against him, but you can use TP if you're feeling confident. -Zhonya's is a must to survive his damage.
|✽Anivia, "the Cryophoenix"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Disadvantageous|
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: -Ever since patch 10.25 i've been pulling my hair out against Anivia, this lane is really tough, push lane pre-6 since she doesn't farm well without her ult, getting solo kills as Sera is already hard, and it becomes literally impossible thanks to Anivia's passive. Try poking her at least, if you somehow manage to pop her passive, you can ask for a gank to kill her, since Anivia is really fragile without it, and has no mobility. Dodge her Q Flash Frost or she will tear your heart out with her E Frostbite. Accept your fate in this lane, ask for jungle ganks, or (my favorite option) bring Relentless Hunter to try to assist your jungler around the map and roam to other lanes to help your team win their lanes, Anivia's mobility is a joke, so she won't be able to follow you most of the time, specially with this beautiful rune. -I would go Inspiration since this isn't an easy matchup, but like mentioned before Domination is really good for roaming, if you're going with it bring Taste of Blood since this isn't an easy lane, but Cheap Shot is good aswell for more damage. - Teleport is the best choice here so you can have even more map pressure compared to her. -Go for Mercury's Treads if the enemy team has a lot of CC, and make sure to purchase Banshee's Veil if Anivia got fed!
|✽Annie, "the Dark Child"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based|
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Annie has a lot o damage and crowd control, this matchup is all about positionament, her only way to engage is her E Molten Shield, fall back when she tries to engage with it, or stun her with double cast Beat Drop to disengage. Remember that her best shot at killing you is with her Flash + R combo, stay aware of that when her Flash is up, when she is without her stun passive, that's your time to be aggressive towards her. - Inspiration is a safe option, but Precision/ Domination is good to be more aggressive. - Barrier is the best choice here to survive her burst, but Teleport is viable if you feel Barrier isn't needed. - Mercury's Treads is good against her CCs, outside of it, the usual, Banshee's if she's fed.
|✽Aurelion Sol, "the Star Forger"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based|
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items:| -Ok, hear me out, here are some general tips against him: His DPS depends on stunning his targets with his Q followed by his stars passive, so you need to dodge his stun, and trade back. Using one of your root combos to keep distance and stay away from his stars is the way to go. Remember he is a roaming character thanks to his E, ping your team when he leaves lane, and be careful since he can come back to mid with a stun of the size of the lane. -If you want to be more aggressive, bring either Precision or Domination depending on your choice, or bring Inspiration as the safest option. - Teleport is the best general option, but Barrier is also a good defensive option. - Banshee's Veil is good against his magic damage. Mercury's Treads is good against his CC,and Rylai's is a good item to pin him down because of his mobility.
|✽Azir, "the Emperor of the Sands"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Easy |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: -This matchup is quite simple like most mages, but avoid being hit by soldiers and throw your abilities on him since he stands still while using them, if you land a full E R Q with a nearby ally (or when ahead, specially late game), he's most likely dead because of how squishy he is, and his only tool of mobility is his E. Azir can seem obnoxious at first, but by playing correctly this matchup isn't that hard at all, be careful of his R Emperor's Divide insecs after 6 though, specially during jungle ganks or near his tower. - Inspiration is good against his poke if you're not used to playing against him, Precision and Domination are good offensive runes. - Teleport is your standard option, but Barrier is also good if the enemy team is quite bursty. -Bring Banshee's Veil if Azir ended up fed, and Cosmic Drive since the MS passive helps avoiding his soldiers.
|✽Brand, "the Burning Vengeance"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Easy |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: -There are a few basic rules against Brand mid: Dodge his Pillar of Flame by predicting when he's gonna use it, it's where most of his damage is going to come from, if you have been hit by one of his abilities, he can stun you with Sear, so focus on dodging it aswell as it's easier, stay away from minions because his E Conflagration bounces from them, and specially his R, the damage after bouncing is huge, stay aware. His range is not as great as yours, so take advantage from that. - Inspiration is good against him because he tends to harrass a lot, Precision and Domination are also viable offensive runes. - Teleport once again as the standard spell, but Barrier is REALLY good against Brand's burst. - Banshee's Veil is really good in this scenario because Brand deals an obnoxious amount of damage even when behind specially on teamfights, Mercs is also a godlike item against him.
|✽Cassiopeia, "the Serpent's Embrace"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:|||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: - Cassiopeia's early weakness is how quickly she runs out of mana without a stacked tear, dodge her Q Noxious Blast, since without it she doesn't deal damage at all, dodge it and trade back, after a few rounds of this, she'll likely run out of mana and will be low on HP. Seraphine doesn't really have a dash for her to counter with W Miasma, so her only way to pin you backwards is with her R Petrifying Gaze, when fighting Cassiopeia after 6 stay aware of her ultimate at all times, being ready to turn backwards is the best way to dodge her ultimate. - Phase Rush is a good choice here to dodge her abilities, but bring Aery if you feel like you don't need Phase. For secondary, choose depending on what you need, i recommend going Inspiration since she tends to put a lot of pressure after getting enough mana. - Teleport as a general option since she'll likely bring it aswell, or Barrier so she won't crush your bones. - Banshee's Veil once again if she's fed, go for Cosmic Drive here, the passive helps you move around faster, making it hard for her to land Q, and making it easier to dodge R. Mercury's Treads is also really strong against her CCs if necessary.
|✽Cho'Gath, "the Terror of the Void"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Very Easy |
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: - Cho'Gath mid got a huge hit after Glacial items were removed, this pick isn't at it's best moment, but in case you run against one some tips are: Dodge his Q Rupture, play at your max range, and poke him, simple as that. Cho'Gath's early game is extremely weak, take advantage of that because killing him late game is a pain. -Go Phase Rush so you won't get CCed to death by his slows. Domination and Precision secondary since this laning phase isn't hard at all. - Teleport as a general choice, but go for Barrier if his team has a lot of burst. - Banshee's Veil is really good against his magic damage. Liandry's is the best mythic against him, and if what you're looking for is even more anti-tank items, S11 has more options besides it, Void Staff if enemies are stacking MR, and Demonic Embrace if the enemy team has more tanky champions besides him. And lastly Mercury's Treads is a very good option against his CCs.
|✽Corki, "the Daring Bombardier"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Easy |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: - Corki is an APC mid laner, avoid being poked by his auto attacks. Remember that his only way of mobility is his Valkyrie dash, and it has a pretty large cooldown, so he becomes vulnerable to your skillshots. When he engages with Valkyrie use Surround Sound to disengage out of his effective range and trade effectively. After 6 focus on dodging his R since it's great part of his DPS. Don't get fooled by the fact that Corki builds AD items, he deals mostly magic damage. He's also a good roaming character, make sure to ping your team if you think he left lane, specially if he grabbed The Package fom his passive -Once again, is possible to be aggressive here with Domination/ Precision, or Inspiration as a general choice. - Teleport is the best choice here to match his map presence from being a good roaming character. - Banshee's Veil is really good against his magic damage if he got fed, and Mercury's Treads helps a lot against his slow from empowered Valkyrie, but only purchase it if his team has a lot of magic damage/CC.
|✽Diana, "Scorn of the Moon"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Hard |
-Recommended runes:| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items:| - Diana is a mid lane AP assassin, in lane she's really bursty and has a lot of engage potential, to avoid losing trades to her, dodge her Crescent Strike, since on hit it applies Moonlight, allowing Diana to reset her dash cooldown if used against you. If you're hit by Crescent Strike, retreat and wait for the effect to wear off, stay back and poke her since you have range advantage, and beware her level 6 engage, her kill and burst potential are huge when she unlocks Moonfall, Flash or use Barrier if necessary to avoid taking the damage if you'll likely die to it. -Since this isn't a very easy matchup, i would definitely go with Inspiration here as it's the safest choice. Go for Phase Rush to disengage from her easier. -Go Barrier if you want to survive her Moonfall burst, but if you feel like you won't need it, bring Teleport. - Banshee's Veil is really good against her magic damage and huge burst, always keep this option in mind, but remember that if her team is mainly AD, you can go for Zhonya's Hourglass instead, since the active saves you from her ult combo.
|✽Ekko, "the Boy Who Shattered Time"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Hard |
-Recommended runes:| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Ekko is a really strong character currently, he has high amounts of burst, mobility, and defensive abilities to help him, in lane he will try to trade by activating his passive by hitting you 3 times and retreating, so you want to avoid letting him do that, dodge his Timewinder since besides the damage, the slow is really high, making it really easy for him to engage with Phase Dive, so use Beat Drop to deny this when you can, at level 6 when he unlocks Chronobreakdo not stay near his clone, he can just activate his ultimate and kill you easily since the damage from this ability is huge, but remember that when he uses this you can cast Encore on his clone's location for a guaranteed hit. -Bring Phase Rush here, because it's really hard to get away from Ekko once he engages on you. Since Ekko isn't a very easy matchup, i would definitely go with Inspiration here as it's the safest choice. -I find Exhaust to be the best choice here, it denies his damage, and the slow helps keeping him in place by following up with Beat Drop, the effect also persists even if he uses Chronobreak, making it easier to kill him. You could also bring Teleport as a general option. -Both Banshee's Veil and Mercury's Treads are really good against his burst and CC in general.
|✽Fizz, "the Tidal Trickster"✽| Difficulty:★★★|Extremely Hard|
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items:| -Now we have the first of what i like to call the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Fizz, he has all the tools in his kit to be an nightmare to go against, when laning against him try to poke as much as you can early levels since he can't do much then, play from far away, and if he tries to engage on you with Urchin Strike, you can use Beat Drop behind you instantly since that's his trajectory. Level 6 beware his ultimate, if he hits you with it, you are probably going to die, focus on dodging it, flashing it, or get a Stopwatch for your safety. This matchup is pretty hard so i would recommend banning him if you don't like him aswell. - Fizz is Fizz, so we want Resolve as our safest lane choice, but another amazing option is Inspiration with Perfect Timing so you can survive his ultimate combo. Always go for Phase Rush so you can disengage easier specially against his slows from Chum the Waters. - Barrier is a good choice, but Exhaust is really good against him, since you can deny some of his damage and make him more vulnerable thanks to the slow. Teleport only if you're confident enough. - Banshee's Veil is good since he's an AP assassin, but i would go Zhonya's Hourglass if his team has a lot of AD characters, with this you can both survive them, and Fizz's ult combo. Everfrost is your best mythic here since it's extremely hard to disengage against him, but Luden's also good against him since he's squishy.
|✽Galio, "the Colossus"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Galio was made to be an unstoppable anti-mage force, and that's who he is. In lane he's really tanky, even if you poke him as much as you can, killing him is impossible, he also can't solo kill you since you outrange him. Focus entirely on CSing as usual and look to help around the map until laning phase ends, pre-6 you are more mobile for roams since he doesn't have ult and your waveclear is way better than his. Just don't misposition by getting way too close, and this lane will go smoothly. - Domination is arguably the best choice here, Galio is a roaming character because of Hero's Entrance, so using this will allow you to catch up or move around the map faster. - Teleport is the best spell here since so you can match his map presence, and he will likely bring this spell aswell. Cleanse is also really good if you're afraid of his large amounts of CC, bring it if his team also has way too much crowd control. -Liandry's is the best mythic since he's a tank, Demonic Embrace is also really good against him for the same reason, bring Banshee's Veil if his team is also mainly AP, Mercury's Treads is really strong aswell against his large amounts of CC, go for it if aabsolutely necessary.
|✽Heimerdinger, "the Revered Inventor"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Heimerdinger is rarely seen as a mid laner nowadays, but if you encounter him, have some things in mind: Farming isn't that hard here since you outrange him, focus on dodging his CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade, and stay outside of his turret range when attacking him to deny his damage, or destroy them when you think it's safe, he's really immobile so landing skillshots isn't that hard. -As a secondary Inspiration is a good general choice since he tends to harrass with turrets, you can bring Precision for more kill potential and mana, or you can use Domination, but make sure to use Taste of Blood with it since Heimer deals a lot of damage. - Teleport is the best spell here, since he will likely bring it aswell. Barrier is also a good option if you want to survive his burst. -Really standard stuff, Banshee's Veil against his magic damage, and Mercury's Treads against his CC.
|✽Irelia, "the Blade Dancer"✽| Difficulty:★★★|Extremely Hard|
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: -Here we have the second of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Irelia, she excels in almost everything, most notably mobility, damage, and sustain. Level 1 she might try to engage on you by stacking her passive on four minions with Bladesurge then dashing on you, level 2 onwards she will constantly look to dash on your low health minions to use Flawless Duet and engage on you, STAY AWARE TO ALWAYS DODGE FLAWLESS DUET, getting hit by it will result on death, so stay away from low health minions and punish her if she misses her stun, Level 6 onwards she has even more engage potential with her ult, if she lands it don't cross the blades, stay inside and wait for it to wear out or Flash if necessary. It gets harder to get kills on her as the lane goes on, so look to poke her early with High Note, Seraphine's spells are really slow, so a good trick to land them on her is to aim on low health allied minions you think she will dash to, on teamfights you also deny her by landing Encore, if she gets CC chained, your team can easily focus and eliminate her. - Phase Rush is my recommended keystone here so you can disengage easier and avoid her spells. Bone Plating all the way, her kill potential is insane, and your main objective is to survive lane. If you feel like you don't need it, you can use Inspiration. - Exhaust is the spell here, use it on her to deny her DPS on engage, it also allows for an easy root on her with Beat Drop to disengage. -Since she is the master of engages, your best mythic here is Everfrost so you can have a chance to survive. Rylai's is a must to slow her down since she has a lot of mobility, Zhonya's Hourglass is also a must here for survival.
|✽Karma, "the Enlightened One"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Easy |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: - Karma doesn't see much play in the mid lane nowadays, but still if you face her remember that this is a really easy lane, you outrange her by far, Q Inner Flame is her main source of damage, and it has a really short range, it is extended when she uses Mantra, but stay away from it and you'll be fine, she might try to engage by speeding herself up with her shield, and rooting you with her W Focused Resolve, so by staying at your max range, you can deny her engage and retaliate with double cast Beat Drop and out trade her. -I would recommend Precision or Domination since this is an easy lane, but Inspiration is also a good choice if you're scared of her poke. - Teleport is the best spell here for more map/lane pressure, not much mystery to it. - Banshee's Veil is good against her AP, and you can get Rabadon's Deathcap like usual to send her back to support role.
|✽Kassadin, "the Void Walker"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Disadvantageous |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Kassadin is an AP assassin with an unstoppable late game, but to compensate, his laning phase SUCKS, so take avantage of that! Pre-6 he is very vulnerable to poke, but focus primarely on farming since your early game is not great too. Pushing the wave into his turret so it's harder for him to CS is a good strategy. At level 6 it gets more complicated, stay back so you won't get your HP chunked out by his ultimate, avoid trading with him completely! Yes, you also scale pretty well, but he's an assassin, so his kill pressure is higher as the game goes on, so stay near your team, and respect his late game. - Precision/ Domination are good secondarys because this is a free lane pre-6, but Inspiration is also a good general option since after 6 this lane is hell. - Teleport as a general spell, but also so you can match his Teleport, but Ignite is the ultimate spell if you want to kill him early on. - Banshee's Veil is good against his burst, and Void Staff is a must because of his MR passive, same thing goes for Sorcerer's Shoes.
|✽Katarina, "the Sinister Blade"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Very Hard |
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items:| - Katarina is an AP assassin with extremely high damage and nearly infinite mobility... How to deal with that? Level 1 is when Katarina is at her weakest, so abuse that, don't overextend to a point where she can easily engage on you with Shunpo unless you have a trick up your sleeve, if she manages to engage on you though, use Beat Drop to disengage, but your best double cast in this lane is definitely Surround Sound, use it constantly so the huge shield won't allow your HP to get disappear thanks to her combos, specially at level 6 when she unlocks Death Lotus, prioritize survival and farming in this lane, because against a good Katarina it likely won't be easy. - Resolve is my favorite secondary against her, it helps so you can lane safely, which should be your main goal here, but once again, Inspiration is also a viable general choice. -I've found Barrier to be really effective against her alongside Exhaust, depends on enemy composition or on your personal preference. - Zhonya's Hourglass is the best defensive item to counter her engage combo, and Banshee's Veil is a good option aswell, but only purchase it against her if her team is almost full AP.
|✽LeBlanc, "the Deciever"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: -I've found LeBlanc not being that hard to deal with if played correctly, she has to dash directly on you to deal damage, making herself an easy target for your Encore/ Beat Drop. In lane play as usual, you outrange her, stay back so she can't proc Electrocute, focus on CSing, and poke her if possible, if she doesn't have range to use Distortion you can easily out trade her, just be careful not to miss you abilities in case she returns to her starting position. Besides that, when she engages on you focus on dodging Ethereal Chains a large portion of her damage and her only form of CC is on that ability. She's an assassin, so on teamfights (or ganks) you nullify her with your large amounts of CC, just make sure to ward jungle walls and flanking spots so she won't sneak behind your backline. - Inspiration is really good against her, since she'll likely look for trades to get early kills and scale, so this rune gives you a little HP and mana sustain to help trading against her. - Barrier is THE spell here, it denies her burst completely, and you don't want to let her get early kills, this combined with double cast W will guarantee you a safe laning phase. - Banshee's Veil if she got fed, or as a general choice since she is really bursty, and you can purchase Mercury's Treads if necessary against her Ethereal Chains or overall damage.
|✽Lissandra, "the Ice Witch"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Easy |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: - Lissandra is a mid lane burst mage, with good crowd control, damage, mobility, and survivability from her ultimate Frozen Tomb, this is mostly a farming lane, her Q range is really short, so she can't quite poke you with it unless you're mispositioned, be careful of her engage with Glacial Path, stay away from the trajectory so she can't CC chain you with Ring of Frost followed by Frozen Tomb, you will most likely die specially on ganks if this happens. Now if she uses Glacial Path to escape, you can use Beat Drop/ Encore in advance to catch her off, if timed well, she won't be able to dodge it, or at least won't be able to use this ability effectively, ruining her escape. Just be careful to not use Encore if she casts her ultimate on herself so you won't waste yours, wait until she uses it first. - Inspiration as a general choice, or Precision/ Domination because this is an ok lane. - Teleport is recommended here, Barrier if you're scared of burst, and Cleanse if their team has a lot of CC aswell. - Banshee's Veil if she got fed, and Mercury's Treads is an amazing option since she's all about CC.
|✽Lucian, "the Purifier"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Hard |
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Lucian is an early game bully ADC, so he works really well on mid lane because of how he can abuse this, against him, you need to play safe, you're a late game scaling mage, you can't out trade him, but remember he's squishy and has one dash as his only way of mobility, so you can ask your jungle for help, CC lock Lucian, and both of you potentially score a kill. In this lane your main goal is to farm safely and get 900g, go back to base and get a Seeker's Armguard to deny his damage, if you survive early game without dying way too much for him thanks to this item, it will already be a huge advantage, Lucian gets weaker as the game goes on and you get stronger, also he's an ADC, focus your spells on him on teamfights so you can carry your team to victory. - Inspiration is a good secondary to sustain yourself from his trades, but if you're scared of dying this game, go for Resolve. -He's a DPS character, so Exhaust works really well to deny him in every way possible, but Barrier is also a viable choice. - Seeker's Armguard is your must purchase against him to survive lane, later upgrade it into Zhonya's Hourglass.
|✽Lux, "the Lady of Luminosity"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: - Lux is a mid lane burst mage with a lot of range, very similar to Seraphine in a way. This lane is quite easy, but depends on who plays better. Focus on dodging her E Lucent Singularity, since she will be looking to poke you down with it and then finish you off with a full combo with her ultimate Final Spark, juking her Q Light Binding will deny her ability to do this, and if she lands it, double cast W is your best choice to survive her combo. Remember this lane is all about poke, avoid hers and land yours! - Inspiration is key to sustain, but either Precision or Domination are viable for more damage output. - Teleport is a good general spell, Barrier is a really good option against her combo, and Cleanse is really good to escape her bind, only bring this if her team is also CC heavy. -Go for Banshee's Veil if she got fed, and Mercury's Treads is an amazing choice against her Q and overall damage.
|✽Malphite, "Shard of the Monolith"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items:| - Malphite is usually played as a tank top laner, but he can flex into mid lane sometimes. In lane, know when to retreat, he will try to poke you constantly with his Q Seismic Shard. Keep your distance, this matchup is fine until level 6, BEWARE OF HIS ULTIMATE, it's nearly impossible to dodge without a good reaction Flash. If you get caught by his R, you are most likely dead, specially on ganks, or if Malphite is building full AP. Positioning is key here. - Phase Rush is the best option so you can disengage from his slows. Inspiration is your secondary choice to survive lane, specially because of his Q poke. - Teleport is a good general spell, but if you feel like you need survivability, Barrier is your best bet on tanking his ultimate. -Go for Banshee's Veil if he's going full AP and his team also has a lot of magic damage, or go for Zhonya's Hourglass if his team has a lot of AD, and because the active is amazing against his ult. Mercury's Treads is really good against his CC, but only purchase it if it's really necessary.
|✽Malzahar, "the Prophet of the Void"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Very Easy |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: -This is probably the best matchup for Seraphine by far, it can be described in a simple term... waveclear. Waveclear is one of Malzahar's strengths, there will be a point in the laning phase where this will be all he's going to do, and Seraphine is one of the best champions to counter it. Play normally, but when you see him trying to quickly clear the minions, use your double cast Q to contest it and out clear him. Double cast Q easily kills his Void Swarm aswell, so it's impossible for Malzahar to push the wave into you. Other important tips are: Stay away from minions affected by Malefic Visions, since when they die, it will pass onto the closest target; Use your range from Notes to remove his passive shield before using your combo on him . And lastly, play at your max range!! If you get too close, he's going to ult you, and that often results in a free kill for him. -I recommend Inspiration with Minion Dematerializer here so you can have even more waveclear, but other aggressive secondary runes are also good options. - Teleport is your best option here, but if you're really scared of his ultimate, or if his team has a lot of burst, go for Barrier. - Banshee's Veil if he's really fed, and Mercury's Treads's tenacity might save your life against his R.
|✽Morgana, "the Fallen"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:|| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Morgana is a really safe mid lane pick, her Black Shield's CC immunity makes it really hard to get a pick-off on her, she has permapush potential with her Wscorched earth, and she has a lot, and i mean A LOT of CC. When engaging on her (or in one of her teammates when she's close), always bait out the Black Shield before using Encore, destroy it with Q's and Notes, and then use your CC abilities. Remember to contest her push with double cast High Note, and focus on dodging her Q, getting hit by it it's the only way that you can die for her, dodge it and she can't do much against you. -Since not much happens in this lane, you can go for either Domination or Precision as a secondary rune. - Teleport is your standard option here, but Cleanse is really effective against her CC combo from +. - Banshee's Veil only if her team has a lot of AP, but Mercury's Treads's tenacity is amazing against her.
|✽Neeko, "the Curious Chameleon"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Easy |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells:|| -Counter Items: - Neeko is a mid lane burst mage, which excels on damage and crowd control, but her main weakness is her short range, so that's your advantage, your Q is really good to poke her. Her main source of harass is her Q Blooming Burst, it deals a lot of damage, but it has a short range. In order to get the most out of her Q, Neeko will try to use her E Tangle-Barbs in a way that it hits at least one minion and then on you, so you'll stay rooted for a longer duration, dodging this ability denies her combo by a lot. Now repeat with me, don't get fooled by her passive, she will transform into a teammate (usually a more fragile, or a low HP one) in order to bait you. -Because she's limited by her range, you can use Domination or Precision to be more aggressive. - Teleport as a standard choice once again, but if you want a defensive spell, Cleanse is really effective against her CC combo from tangled barbs+, if her team doesn't have a lot of CC, but you still want a defensive spell, pick Barrier instead. - Banshee's Veil if she's ahead, or if her team has a lot of AP. Mercury's Treads's tenacity is really good against her CC.
|✽Orianna, "the Lady of Clockwork"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:| -Recommended Summoner Spells:| -Counter Items: - Orianna is another control mage, and really similar in playstytle to Seraphine! You outrange her, but she can easily be a lane bully, so positioning is key. Play from far away so she can't chunk your health with Q + W combo, and trade back with double cast E + Q. Be careful at level 6, because getting hit by her R Command: Shockwave will result on your death if you had bad trades with her, or with the enemy jungler's help. Remember that her ult has a small window of opportunity for you to Flash away. -Since she can be a lane bully, go Inspiration here. - Teleport as a standard choice once again, but Barrier is really good against her burst. - Banshee's Veil if she's ahead, or if her team has a lot of AP. Mercury's Treads's works against her, but i wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
|✽Pantheon, "the Unbreakable Spear"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: - Pantheon has a powerful engage with Shield Vault, but he's limited by range, keep your distance and avoid trading with him, focus on poking from afar. Remember that his Aegis Assault blocks all damage coming from the front, but it doesn't block CC, he's slower during the channel, so he's an easy target for your Beat Drop and Encore. - Phase Rush so you can disengage easier if he manages to get on top of you. Inspiration is the safest option, Pantheon isn't hard enough to require Resolve. - Barrier is great against his combo, even better if his team has a lot of burst. - Zhonya's Hourglass if you need the survivability (good on teamfights if Pantheon tries to engage with his ultimate.
|✽Qiyana, "Empress of the Elements"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:||| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: - Qiyana is a powerful AD assassin who's great at roams and has an amazing teamfight ultimate, how to deal with her? Firstly, abuse her level 1, she's can't do anything at that level, beware her level 3 engage and level 6 powerspike. Poke her when you can, but retreat if you see her trying to engage. Stay away from walls if she has her ult up, specially on teamfights, you can't afford tanking that. -Go Phase Rush if the enemy comp has more dangerous characters besides her, otherwise just go Aery. Same thing for Resolve. -Go Barrier, you absolutely need this to survive her burst. - Zhonya's Hourglass is almost a must, you can use this in the middle of her combo to deny a huge part of her damage. If you're far away from the wall if she tries to ult you, there's a tiny window where you can activate Zhonya's before the wall explodes, keep that in mind and spam the Zhonya's button!
|✽Ryze, "the Rune Mage"✽| Difficulty:★★★| Skill Based |
-Recommended runes:| -Recommended Summoner Spells: -Counter Items: - Ryze is a hyperscaling mage that excels in waveclear early on. Always try to contest his push so you won't lose lane priority. Stay away from minions so his Spell Flux can't spread to you. His range is also not the greatest compared to yours, so abuse that. You can also ruin his day by CCing him while he ults to cancel the ability, don't forget that! -The mana regen from Biscuit Delivery helps a lot in this lane so you can keep waveclearing. - Teleport is your standard option here, it's even better in this lane so you can contest his own TP. - Banshee's Veil is a good option if he got fed, and Mercury's Treads's tenacity also helps against his CC.
✽ Seraphine is a character that plays mainly around allies, so synergies are really important, here you will find a list with a lot of them, mainly junglers and a few exceptions.
|✽Amumu, "the Sad Mummy"✽| Synergy:★★★| High |
- Amumu isn't super mega broken anymore, but he's still a solid character and a really good synergy with Seraphine, you can follow up his Q Bandage Toss with your Beat Drop if you're quick enough and the CC lock between his ultimate and yours is insane, landing this combo is a won fight for sure.
|✽Ashe, "the Frost Archer"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Ashe is mentioned here thanks to her capability to deal larges amounts of crowd control, she slows on auto attacks, ON AUTO ATTACKS! Using Beat Drop or right after her auto attacks/ Volley or ulting right after she uses Enchanted Crystal Arrow is a very good tactic to lock down opponents, it's just absurd the amount of crowd control Ashe has, she is also a very fragile ADC, so peeling for her using Surround Sound is very effective.
|✽Bard, "the Wandering Caretaker"✽| Synergy:★★★| High |
- Bard is a roaming based support, his ganks on mid are really welcome, you can CC chain his Q stun with your E, and on fights if he lands a good R you can follow up with your own ultimate, just make sure to time it well!
|✽Braum, "the Heart of the Freljord"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Braum is a really nice guy! His passive is easy to see, so following up with your E isn't hard at all, and the massive hitbox of his R is really good to follow up with your ult or vice-versa.
|✽Dr. Mundo, "the Madman of Zaun"✽| Synergy:★★★| Ok |
- Dr. Mundo's synergy with Seraphine isn't that great, but you can follow up his Q with your E and help him engage with you W since he doesn't have any dashes, he's also a really bulky frontliner, so when he engages on the enemy team, you can use Encore on him to extend the range and catch off the enemy team (Mundo is planned to recieve a full rework soon, expect changes to this synergy!).
|✽Ekko, "the Boy Who Shattered Time"✽| Synergy:★★★| High |
-Piltover and Zaun unite! Ekko is a really good synergy with Seraphine, besides his Q that slows so you can follow up with your Beat Drop, his W is a huge AoE stun that you can combine with both Beat Drop and Encore.
|✽Elise, "the Spider Queen"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
- Elise has 1 form of CC that is her W Cocoon, but remember that if she lands this ability on someon, they are likely dead, the stun already lasts for ages, and combined with your E and R there's not much the enemies can do.
|✽Evelynn, "Agony's Embrace"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Evelynn is an invisible AP assassin, her ganks aren't great pre 6, but once she gains her camouflage through Demon Shade she becomes extremely powerful, you can set up ganks for her or follow up her Allure, if you're behind and Eve is fed, you can purchase Staff of Flowing Water to help her snowball extremely hard.
|✽Fiddlesticks, "the Ancient Fear"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Fiddlesticks excels in two things, damage and crowd control, if you use Beat Drop on his Q you get a stun, if you use on his E you get a root, and if you use Encore on his ult in the middle of a fight you get a victory!
|✽Gragas, "the Rabble Rouser"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
-You don't have s huge synergy with Graves, his only source of CC is his Smoke Screen which is a slow, so you can upgrade it to a root, not much besides it.
|✽Hecarim, "the Shadow of War"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
-If timed well, you can stun enemies by landing E Beat Drop while Hecarim knocks them back with Devastating Chargeor when he ults it gets way easier to land it, but your best way of synergizing with horsie is by using Encore to follow up his engage.
|✽Ivern, "the Green Father"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
|✽Janna, "the Storm's Fury"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
-Your synergy with Janna and peel supports in general is extremely effective, her shield Eye Of The Storm when used on you, allows for a free double cast W, using Beat Drop on her Zephyr slow gives you a root, and using on her Howling Gale allows for an easy stun!
|✽Jarvan IV, "the Exemplar of Demacia"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Jarvan IV's combo is really good for CC locking opponents, his E Q knockup lasts for long enough for you to upgrade with Beat Drop, and his R lasts for so long that enemies without mobility are faded to die if you follow up with Encore.
|✽Jax, "Grandmaster at Arms"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
-Your synergy with Jax is really straightfoward, follow up his Counter Strike with your CC, and help him engage with your W Surround Sound, a good synergy, but not much to it.
|✽Karma, "the Enlightened One"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
-Your synergy with Karma is really powerfull, not only because of the shield from Inspire, or the root from Focused Resolve, but from the engage potential her Defiance has with your W, the engage, and peel potential from this combo is huge, make sure to use it on teamfights.
|✽Karthus, "the Deathsinger"✽| Synergy:★★★| Ok |
-Karthus is a massive magic damage dealer, he's really fragile, so peel for him with Surround Sound, but in regards of synergies, your only one is by using Beat Drop on opponents trying to pass trough his Wall of Pain so you can root them, the slow is really high, so it isn't hard to land the root.
|✽Kayn, "the Shadow Reaper"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
-Your synergy with Kayn gets better as the game goes on, but you can peel for him quite well to help him go through early game, your E pairs with his Blade's Reach slow making it a root, you W helps him on early ganks/invades and the movement speed is even better if he transforms into Shadow Assassin, if he transforms into Darkin, his Blade's Reach becomes a knockup, meaning that upgrading it with Beat Drop becomes a stun.
|✽Kha'Zix, "the Voidreaver"✽| Synergy:★★★| None |
-Later on, when Kha'Zix uses Void Spike you can follow up with Beat Drop since the slow is quite high, but at that point in the game it won't make that much of a difference, so your synergy with him is very low.
|✽Kindred, "the Eternal Hunters"✽| Synergy:★★★| Ok |
-You can pair Beat Drop with her slow from Mounting Dread, she's fragile, so your W protects her and helps her engage/disengage.
|✽Lee Sin, "the Blind Monk"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
-You can pair you E with his slow from Cripple, and ulting an enemy to CC chain after he insecs them with Dragon's Rage is really effective.
|✽Lillia, "the Bashful Bloom"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
-A personal favorite! Lillia's E is really good to pair with your Beat Drop since the slow lasts for quite a while, and the combo when she casts Lilting Lullaby followed by your Encore is huge, specially on teamfights, both of you combined can put the enemies to sleep forever with a song.
|✽Master Yi, "the Wuju Bladesman"✽| Synergy:★★★| None |
-You don't have any synergy with Master Yi at all, since he doesn't have any form of CC, the only thing i can think about is peeling for his engage with your W, not much besides that at all.
|✽Nidalee, "the Bestial Huntress"✽| Synergy:★★★| Low |
-You don't have synergy with Nidalee at all unfortunately, well... besides peeling, but that's pretty much a synergy with everyone.
|✽Nocturne, "the Eternal Nightmare"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
-When Nocturne engages he plants a nightmare in his target's mind with Unspeakable Horror, and that nightmare lasts so long that gives you enough time to follow up with Beat Drop for an upgraded CC or Encore for a full all in.
|✽Nunu & Willump, "the Boy and his Yeti"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
-Nunu's extremely high amounts of CC makes it really easy to land your abilities, the knock up from his Wbiggets snowball ever!, the slow from his E, from his R, everything! He's also a tank, so extending the range of Encore on him is really easy!
|✽Olaf, "the Berserker"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
- Olaf has only one form of CC and it is a slow from his Q, but he uses it so often that is easy to follow up with Beat Drop.
|✽Rammus, "the Armodillo"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
-When Rammus goes at full speed towards enemies with Powerball besides knocking them back, he can slow them with his ult and also taunt them, so when he pins them down make sure to follow up with Beat Drop or Encore, this synergy is actually amazing.
|✽Rek'Sai, "the Void Burrower"✽| Synergy:★★★| High |
-When Rek'Sai bursts out of the ground with Unburrow this is the time to follow up with Beat Drop, she deals a lot of damage, so this little 1 second more worth of CC can be the difference between scoring a kill or not.
|✽Rengar, "the Pridestalker"✽| Synergy:★★★| Good |
- Rengar's Bola Strike slows enemies for almost 2 seconds, so it's enough time for you to follow up with E for a root, but when Bola Strike is empowered it roots instead, so by following up with E you get a stun, kinda neat actually.
|✽Sejuani, "Fury of the North"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Sejuani thrives in 2 categories: Tankiness and CC, meaning that the synergy between you two is amazing. Stay aware of her Permafrost stacks on enemy champions, they gain it when she attacks them, so she can stun them right away and you can follow up with E. Her ultimate is also amazing on teamfights, it stuns the first champion hit and slows all of them in the area, make sure to follow up with Encore for a certified win!
|✽Sett, "the Boss"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Sett is a juggernaut that deals a lot of damage, is really tanky and has a lot of CC. One of his main weakness is gap closing, so you can quickly fix this with Surround Sound's MV speed buff to help him engage, and since he has a lot of crowd control, it isn't hard to follow up with it, use Beat Drop on his Facebreaker victims, and Encore when he uses The Show Stopper on fights, since besides suppressing a target champion it also slows nearby enemies when he lands!
|✽Shaco, "the Demon Jester"✽| Synergy:★★★| Very High |
- Shaco is an early gank jungler and you are a laner that has a lot of CC and benefits from ally presence, so this synergy is no joke! Make sure to follow up on his fear effect when champions activate his Jack In The Boxes for a stun, his auto attacks also slow enemies, making it really easy for you to CC chain them. And the best part... you actually CAN extend Encore's range on clones, including his! Don't forget this!
|✽Shyvana, "the Half-Dragon"✽| Synergy:★★★| Ok |
-There isn't much you can do for Shyavana besides speeding her up with Surround Sound, her ultimate also has a tiny knockback to it, so you can CC chain that with Beat Drop. Also when she ults you can use her to extend your R range since her engages are really powerful with it.
|✽Skarner, "the Crystal Vanguard"✽| Synergy:★★★| Crystally High |
- Skarner's synergy with Seraphine is really, REALLY strong. Ironic, don't you think? You can go for a quick follow up with Beat Drop when he stuns his target after landing Fracture on them, but the main synergy here is with his ultimate, Impale, when Skarner uses this ability on an enemy both of you can CC chain them forever, resulting in a possibly guaranteed kill.
|✽Sona, "Maven of the Strings"✽| Synergy:★★★| Godlike High |
-And if you asked for even more irony... Sona! Seriously now, the synergy between Sona and Seraphine is amazing, specially as a duo bot, both of you have infinite sources of shield, poke, healing and CC! And as expected, twin ultimates Encore and Crescendo are a killer combo when followed up by each other! Definitely recommend playing this combo on normal games with a friend, really fun and really strong duo.
♦Laning as Seraphine♦
♦Laning phase is Seraphine's weakest stage, you don't necessarily need to keep racking up kills since your solo kill potential is so low, remember that your goal here is to farm well, survive, and push the lane to help your jungler or roam to other lanes.
♦Levels 1-3 you can try to bully the enemy laner by poking with Q's and autos. This is specially effective against melee opponents, since most of the time they're abusable early on. ♦Levels 3-5 you keep playing as usual, focus on farming, and try to poke when possible to stack items and runes like Tear of the Goddess, and Manaflow Band. At this point the Scuttle Crab has spawned, and you have to push the wave to help your jungler in case they're going to contest it. ♦Level 6 is when you unlock Encore, now if your jungler is ganking you with their help you can attempt to score a kill on the enemy laner by CC locking them with your full combo. Another option is to keep it, so you can use it on roams around the map, or for possible skirmishes in the jungle, since at this point, dragon has already spawned, and your team should be looking to contest it soon. ♦Levels 7-10 onwards it's pretty much the same thing, farm, help your team in objectives, and roam when possible. This is around the time early game ends, one of the side lanes will probably end at this point and you're about to move to mid game.
♦Now that we've quickly covered of how to lane, let's cover the basic concepts of the laning phase with depth:
♦Farming is one of the core parts of the game. It is either done by killing (or last hitting) minions and monsters, giving XP and gold, having a good farm will surely guarantee you a better mid-late game.
FARMING in-DEPTH INFO
♦XP grants: Experience to level up your champion, improving your abilities and general stats, having a level advantage over others is an important part about the game. ♦Gold grants: Currency to buy items to strengthen up your champion, the moregold, the more items, the more items, more your champion gets stronger, simple, right?
♦Farming should always be your main focus when laning, now how to farm? ♦Farming or CSing is made by last hitting a minion with an auto-attack once they're low enough after hitting themselves. Farming takes some practice to nail down, if you're new and having trouble with it, the best option is to go to practice mode and try performing it, it may sound boring, but it is what it is! Even if you're already experienced in League, going to practice mode before the first match of the day to practice CSing is a good warmup to make sure you won't miss them.
Image source: League Fandom Wiki
♦Wave is the term related to large amounts of grouped minions, waveclear is the term of killing all the minions as quickly as possible with attacks or abilities for the puropose of pushing the wave into enemy territory, forcing them to stop it, giving you time to move around the map. Last hitting minions with abilities is a good alternative, but it also comes with it's pros and cons: ♦Pros: Easier to last hit; Allows you to last hit multiple minions at once; Pushing the wave into your opponents turret makes it hard for them to CS, causing them to lose gold; Easier to farm under turret with it; Pushing the wave allows for roaming without losing much XP and gold; Can mess up your wave, putting you in an undesired position. ♦Cons: Wastes your mana resouce; Pushing the wave makes you vulnerable to ganks. How and when to clear is a really important subject, that's where waveclear and wave management becomes important.
♦With her easy and quick way to waveclear, Seraphine is one of the best champions in this subject.
waveclear in-depth info
♦How to waveclear as Seraphine? ♦Your Q High Note is your main form of waveclear, and the double cast is extremely effective to do this, and it's one of the main reasons Seraphine's waveclear is so strong. Your E Beat Drop is also really good to follow up the High Note, your Notes also deal bonus damage to minions, making it really easy to CS with them. So with all that, you can see that farming and clearing is an advantage of Seraphine's kit. ♦At level 1 your only form of clearing is High Note and AAs, but once you level up E and put a few points in Q, your waveclear is going to become way more effective, at level 7 onwards it should look something along the lines of this:
♦Wave management is a really important subject when laning since you shouldn't just be pushing and clearing every wave, it's quite tricky to learn, but i will try to summarize the most important points of it:
Wave management IN-DEPTH INFO
♦Fast Push: Fast Push is the easiest form of wave management, and what "pushing" the lane is generally referred to. Fast Push is basically killing all enemy minions so they can crash into the enemy turret and deny them XP and gold. It's simple, but be careful not to mess up and fail to push the wave all the way, or you won't punish your enemies, and might create a freeze. ♦When to Fast Push? ♦Deny CS to the enemies. ♦Roam or recall. ♦When opponents leave lane. ♦To counter the oponnent's Fast Push. ♦To gain lane priority to help in objectives. ♦All of these are situations that Fast Push is really effective on, Seraphine is strong teamfighting champion, so pushing the wave to get lane priority so you follow up your team or to roam is really important.
♦Slow Push: Slow Push is also really simple, to perform it, your wave must have a little more minions than the opponent's. If the minion wave is crashing on your side of the map, you will need 2 minions more than the enemy, now if it's in their side, you will need at least 4 more. Slow Pushes are really effective to draw the enemies attention because the minions will be pressuring a certain lane, so you and your team can pressure another place in the map without acutally having anybody splitpushing that lane! ♦When to Slow Push? ♦Basically when you want to draw an enemy player to defend (per example) top lane turret from that huge minion wave you just made, when your team is contesting a Fire Drake with a number advantage because the enemies have one less ally present. This is an effective strategy on the laning phase, but specially around mid-late game.
♦Freeze:The core concept of Freezing is that you need your wave to have 2-3 less minions than the enemy's wave. This will end up pushing t he wave slowly towards you causing it to freeze somewhere between your turret and the middle of the map. Freezing is specially powerful as a way of Zoning, meaning that if your opponent wants to CS, they will have to overextend, if they do, they enter your zone of threat, where you can harrass and potentially get a kill on them with attacks and abilities, so their only safe option is to miss CS, if they overextend they also put themselves as easy ganking targets. A good way to set up a freeze is when your opponent tries to push the wave, but the waves can still meet before touching your tower, so you tank those minions until your wave arrives, setting up a freeze. To maintain a freeze if your opponent is not attacking the minions, all you have to do is last hit at the last possible second, if they are attacking, you have to attack equally to match their damage and keep the minion difference. ♦When to Freeze? ♦When you want to put an enemy in a situation where he has to overextend to farm, making him vulnerable to ganks, or to yourself. ♦As a way to get back in the game by farming safely if you're behind. ♦How to break a freeze? ♦The easiest way is to push the enemy wave, forcing it to hit their tower and resetting the wave in the middle of the lane (which shouldn't be hard for a character like Seraphine, double castQ should do the job!). ♦To conclude, freezing is a powerful tactic of wave management when used in the right situation (you don't want to freeze when your team wants to contest an objective, as an example).
♦I'm not completely experienced in the wave managment subject so i tried to briefly summarize it, but if you want more in-depth guides about it, two sources specifically helped me immensely, i definitely recommend:
ALL of the credit regarding both of these sources go to their respective creators, i didn't take any participation in them, and just merely recommended them.
♦Trading is another core part of the laning phase even though it shouldn't be as prioritized as farming. ♦Trading consists of exchanging damage with other champions, even though this isn't a good part about Seraphine's kit thanks to her low base damage stats, having a good trade is essential to win the laning phase. A good trade would be: ♦If you still have more health left than the enemy; ♦More resources like mana; ♦If they burned any summoner spells; ♦If important abilities were used . ♦Having these advantages over the enemy by trading is a really essential part of laning, because if something happens around the map, you will have a larger impact and will be able to get there first, because you can push the wave without being contested by the enemy thanks to trading well, this is called lane priority.
TRADING IN-DEPTH INFO
♦How to have a good trade? ♦When trading you must have a few factors in mind: Who outdamages the other, what abilities i should stay aware of, and external factors.
♦Outdamaging: You must know your matchups before trading so you know who outdamages who, example:
While against Lux you can have a trade of abilities and auto attacks with her and the damage will be around equal, against Lucian his damage would be way higher since most of his damage is dealt by auto attacks. So against characters that benefit from long trades like Lucian and Akali the best way to trade with them is by quick trading, just use your damage as fast as possible and retreat so you won't take much damage!
♦Avoiding core enemy spells: All champions have different abilities, and some of them are core parts of their kits that you must avoid, example: ♦You're fighting against Ahri and you know that her way to win trades is by landing Charm to CC and deal bonus damage with her combo, ideally you want to dodge it and hit your own combo since she's weaker without Charm ( Beat Drop+ High Note+AA), similar champions are, Lux's Q, Zoe's E, etc...
♦External Factors: Remember that laning isn't only about you and the enemy laner, external factors also matter. An example of a external factor would be minions themselves, they may seem weak, but their damage when grouped up can hurt a lot, specially at early levels 1-3, auto attacking an enemy champion draws minion aggro, remember this, specially against melee targets. Another example are turrets, damaging champions while near the turret range draws their attention, DoT like Scorch and Liandry's Anguish also attract turret aggro if they're affecting enemy champions.
♦Roaming is when you rotate from your lane to another, a core part of the laning phase.
roaming in-depth info
♦When to roam? ♦When you see a fight breaking or about to break on side lanes or in the jungle and you can get there to help. Or when you see enemies overextending on the side lanes so you can force a fight, and probably win because of number advantage. Take note that while Seraphine is good alongside allies, so roaming is very beneficial as her, her mobility is really weak, so rotating to other lanes is hard during the laning phase. If your goal as her is to fully commit to roaming, bring Relentless Hunter on your rune page.
♦How to roam? ♦Remember that just leaving lane when you want comes with bad results. Like mentioned in the wave management section, always push the wave before roaming, that way the wave will likely reset in a good position so you won't lose XP and gold, also take not if the enemy laner you're going to gank isn't super fed and it'll be likely way too risky to roam, in situations like this is better to go with jungle help, or don't roam to that lane at all. More variants to stay aware of are the enemy jungler and your enemy laner, stay aware if they are able to follow up.
♦Jungle tracking is a fairly simple, but important subject, basically is knowing where the enemy jungler is.
♦The easiest form of jungle tracking is done in the early game, stay aware of which enemies of the side lanes have arrived at lane later, because they are the ones that have probably leashed the enemy jungler. Knowing his original positioning means now you know where to expect him to be, putting deep wards in his camps accordingly helps tracking him, more info about this in the warding section.
♦When laning phase ends, it's time to switch things up for mid game whether you won lane or not, so this begs the question, what to do next?
♦What to do next? ♦Now bot lane usually move to mid for better map/objective control, if they go to mid lane you should move to bot lane, if they don't move, keep defending mid. Depending on the result, your objective now is to push lanes and roam to help your team around the map.
♦How to side lane? ♦Split pushing isn't Seraphine's forte, remember you're a teamfighting champion, if you're able to side lane, quickly push the wave and rotate the map to help your team in fights, don't push pass the river without vision or without nearby alies because of how dangerous it is. An enemy will likely contest your push, in most cases they can easily 1v1 you, so unless you are stronger than them, you are sure no more enemies are around, or your allies are nearby to help, don't try fighting with them. ♦Which lane to push? ♦Always push the lane with an objective that is about to spawn/already spawned, since that's where teamfights are usually going to take place, so you want to be close to help, the only exception to this is if you brought Teleport, in this case you can go the opposite lane of the map with an objective and TP to it if a fight is about to happen.
♦What if bot lane doesn't move to mid? ♦This is a good scenario for Seraphine, since by staying on mid lane you can rotate around the map better. Remember that sometimes you should group up mid with your bot lane to help take down mid turret, but make sure you guys can do this, or you will just be sharing XP and gold/losing XP and gold from the side lanes.
♦Turrets are falling, builds are being completed, late game is the best phase for Seraphine, is when she truly shines.
♦Late game is really simiar to mid game, but now fights for objectives like taking down turrets and contesting dragon/ Baron Nashor are way more frequent, it's also at this point in the game where you will have more items, meaning your insane scalings are going to show, and due to the fact fights are more frequent, your team is going to be more grouped up, so your abilities are instantly upgraded, moreNotes on Stage Presence, more guaranteed CC chains with Beat Drop, more range on Encore, MORE EVERYTHING!
♦Teamfights are a core part of the late game, and a really important subject to Seraphine, so it has it's own chapter, scroll down for detailed info.
♦Teamfighting as Seraphine♦
♦Teamfighting is a really important point to talk about related to Seraphine, staying with teammates is her biggest strength, so this is her area.
♦How to teamfight? ♦There are a few core concepts when fighting as Seraphine, here are some of them:
♦Poking ♦You're a mage with a lot of range, so if your team is more of a poke comp, you won't stay behind! Outside of lane Beat Drop is better to poke enemies since it has more range than High Note, but on teamfights you will be closer to allies, meaning you will have more Notes, so just by spamming abilities your next auto-attack is going to have HUGE range, just be careful so you won't run out of mana when spamming abilities, but Seraph's Embrace should solve this problem.
♦Fighting with Encore ♦When teamfighting, you have to look for ways to be impactful, the best way to do this is by using your main source of engage, Encore. Stay watchful for the best time to use your ultimate and hit as much enemies as possible from a safe distance behind your allies to extend the range, Encore is a gamechanging ultimate for this exact reason, most of the time landing a 3/4/5 man ult is all it takes to win a fight.
♦Fighting without Encore ♦Inevitably there are going to be situations where you won't have Encore available to use on teamfights, so what do you do? You can try a more defensive playstyle by peeling for your team (more info on that below), or you can use the rest of your abilities, since Beat Drop CCs all enemies in a line, use it to follow up allied setup like Malphite's Unstoppable Force, Sona's Crescendo, etc... Double cast Beat Drop can even be used as a "mini-ultimate" so your team can engage with it, just make sure to use it on the right targets.
♦Target Focus ♦Focusing the right enemy is really important, key targets are squishy opponents in general, bursting down tanks isn't a priority compared to them, a few examples are: Assassins, mages, but most importantly, ADCs, aim your spells at them since damage dealers can shred your team if left unnoticed, and since you have a large amount of CC, it becomes easy to eliminate them.
♦Peeling ♦A lot of times enemies will try to dive your backline, being a danger to you and your squishy allies! Use your Beat Drop or even Encore to pin them down if necessary, but remember double cast W Surround Sound is you main defensive tool, use it to keep your allies going, it gives all the buffs they could ask for in one, and it's even better if you have a supportive build with Staff of Flowing Water or Ardent Censer.
♦Positioning ♦Positioning is really important, specially when fighting in the jungle, stay behind your allies and ward spots where enemies can potentially flank you and your backline, if there aren't divers/assassins on the enemy team or they aren't trying to flank, it makes your life way easier, but not guaranteed, because if you misposition yourself and the enemies focus their attention on you, you are most likely back to base, remember that you are a squishy mage, not a frontliner!
Fight positioning example
♦The Importance of Vision♦
♦Vision is one of the most important things in League, having knowledge of what is happening around the map so you can prevent bad choices and make good ones is crucial, and all of that can be done by a simple method, warding.
♦During laning phase a lot of enemy junglers will try to gank you, in an attempt to secure a kill on you and give an advantage to your enemy laner, that's where warding comes in, placing early wards in strategic spots is crucial to prevent ganks.
Red is for normal wards Blue is for control wards
♦DISCLAIMER: This map above shows spots to ward if you're on blue side of the map, ward the opposite spots accordingly if you're on red side. ♦Warding the side bushes is essential, is the most common path junglers take to gank, but it's not the only one! ♦A ward on the entrance of the red side jungle is really good since sometimes they will try to walk around the side bush since they expect you to have vision there, so with a ward on the entrance you can see their shenanigans. ♦Warding close to the enemy tower is also a good spot, specially to prevent him faking a recall so you won't push the wave for nothing. ♦A pink ward (control ward) on the pixel bush is really good for vision control of the river. ♦Warding Dragons/ Rift Herald cove is EXTREMELY important, if enemies are missing and you suspect they are on one of the objectives, put a ward there if it's safe, placing a pink ward way before enemies actually think of doing the objective is a really good ward in advance. ♦A ward in the blind spot between the Raptors and the side bush (the opposite side on the blue jungle aswell) is really good against junglers like Shaco and Fiddlesticks which always try to gank through that way (NOTE that experienced Fiddlesticks might even try to dive you trough your own Raptors camp with ult). ♦Placing a pink ward on the bush behind Red Brambleback's camp or close to the sidebush like demonstrated on the map is really strong for objective vision, with wards like those you can easily spot if enemies are trying to contest. ♦Last, but not least deep wards are essential to have vision of the enemy jungler, these wards are amazing for jungle tracking specially effective against champions like Nunu & Willump, Twitch that benefit from turbo ganking mid.
♦Post Lane Wards♦
♦After laning phase, ward around spawned objectives, spots you think enemies are going to go through, and places where your team is going to play around, example: you and a few allies are pushing top side, so you ward the enemy red jungle to make sure they won't catch you off guard, simple, right? But watch out to not get picked off by enemies, that's why Farsight Alteration is your ward choice by level 9 (note that if there's a specific enemy that requires Oracle Lens to be countered, like Teemo's shrooms and your team refuses to use it, you can switch to it if necessary), here's a few more spots examples for you to ward depending on the situation:
♦We all know League, unfortunately it doesn't have a very forgiving community (even though some people are really nice!), a lot of times people let tilt get the better of them and start getting a toxic behavior, the best way to deal with this types of situation if they won't reafrain from acting like this is to mute them, playing with a clear mind is way better than playing attention to toxic comments that won't get you nowhere, the same thing applies to you, being toxic isn't going to make your allies play the way you want, or do well to your own mental state.
♦But remember that there will be situations where people will do constructive criticism to things you could have done better, or there will be situations you can give constructive criticism to help people aswell! ♦As an example, remember that there's a core difference between saying: "Hey, you could have done X instead of Y, but it's ok, just avoid doing that again. "Why on earth would you do that?? It was so obvious! You're straight up inting." ♦The way you express yourself is important, of course you won't be praising teammates for mistakes, and you want to call them out to avoid doing them, but you never want to resort to toxicity as tilting others won't do any good at all.
♦Originally this section wasn't going to be here, but considering that the champion we're talking about is far from perfect, i think this is also an important point to make, remember that everyone has different opinions, so people usually don't always agree with everything, and that's okay! ♦You might find people talking about how they dislike things that you probably enjoy, this is not only about Seraphine, but about life aswell, and what you should do in a situation like this? Defend your opinion with all your strenght until they change theirs because they're wron- Just kidding!! You... let them be, it's their opinion, you don't have to change it, if they disagree on something with you, that's completely fine! ♦Nothing is perfect and at the end of the day, as long as you're not harming anyone, if you truly enjoy what you are doing is the only thing that matters, whether that's liking Seraphine or something like... pouring milk in the bowl before the cereal.
★Well... i think that's pretty much it! If you read all of this (wow... how??), or even if you read just a few sections that you were looking for, thank you so much! I've put a lot of work and had a lot of fun in this guide, so i'm really grateful for your presence, if you enjoyed, please leave a comment in the discussion section, if you didn't enjoyed... i'm sorry! But please also leave a feedback to what can be improved, if you feel like i missed something, feel free to talk about it aswell, i'll do my best to respond to all types of feedback i recieve here, and your opinion also helps me for future guides, since this is my first. Until then, keep singing and remember:
"The little things in life are what makes it so fun!★"
★I've also done a Lillia guide, here is the link if you're interested:
★This link will direct you into a League Wiki Fandom page contaning all of Seraphine's patch notes: link!
★This is a changelog, i will document the changes made to this guide right here!
★January 10th of 2021: Guide oficially finished! More matchups and synergies soon though. ★January 17th of 2021: Resolve properly added to both runes section and matchups G-I added to the matchups section. ★January 18th of 2021: Added more in-depth info on the teamfighting section regarding: Poking, Teamfighting with Encore, and Teamfighting without Encore. ★January 21st of 2021: Moonstone Renewer categorized as best build currently, and 3 more matchups tomorrow! ★January 22nd of 2021: Matchups J-L added to the matchups section. ★January 25th of 2021: Lissandra properly added to matchups J-L. I'm kinda busy at the moment, but more synergies soon! ★February 2nd of 2021: Updated descriptions about Tear of the Goddess and it's items, typos and table errors on items section also fixed. ★February 9th of 2021: Chemtech Putrifier added to the items section thanks to it's 11.3 buffs. Synergies R-S added to the synergies section. ★February 16th of 2021: Everfrost and Dark Harvest properly added to the guide. ★February 23th of 2021: Changes are being currently made to the matchups section. ★February 24th of 2021: Matchups section fixed to fit Seraphine's playstyle better. ★February 25th of 2021: Introduction updated! ★February 28th of 2021: Descriptions updated for Ionian Boots of Lucidity and Moonstone Renewer. ★March 3rd of 2021: Abilities section updated because of Seraphine's patch 11.5 nerfs. ★March 10th of 2021: Core items properly fixed from Archangel's Staff & Rabadon's Deathcap to Archangel's Staff & Cosmic Drive. ★March 20th of 2021: Matchups M-O finally added to the guide!! ★June 5th of 2021: Video embeds on combos section fixed! ★July 19th of 2021: Tear of the Goddess added as a starter item once again. Matchups P-R added. Tweaks are also being made so the guide can run smoother! ★August 28th of 2021: Graceful Phoenix Seraphine added to Who's Seraphine. ★August 30th of 2021: Akshan matchup added. ★September 1st of 2021: GUIDE FULL REWORK STARTED. Table of contents and Introduction chapters already updated. ★September 1st of 2021: Guide updated because of Seraphine's 11.19 buff.